+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

dark matter arkfalls - keys vs legendaries

lately i have been faced with a bit of a choice at dark matter arkfalls:

choice 1 - i chase all the emergencies and rack up points at the monitor, easily scoring 30-40 keys. but by doing this, i guarentee myself 2 green weapons and a blue, or occasionally a purple.

choice 2 - i watch the arkfall on my map until it gets to the very end. i race in and do enough damage to get my score just over 5000. this only gives me one key, but i get an orange weapon 3 out of every four times i do this.

i know quite a few people having the same experience i am, and monitors are taking longer and longer to finish because of the number of people tagging them and moving on. im curious if this is an intentional thing in the game or some odd coincidence. it just seems that i have to make a choice between keys and legendaries and really would like an explanation on why it works this way.

Quote Originally Posted by SxB_xPUDDYTATx View Post

choice 1 - i chase all the emergencies and rack up points at the monitor, easily scoring 30-40 keys. but by doing this, i guarentee myself 2 green weapons and a blue, or occasionally a purple.

choice 2 - i watch the arkfall on my map until it gets to the very end. i race in and do enough damage to get my score just over 5000. this only gives me one key, but i get an orange weapon 3 out of every four times i do this.

i know quite a few people having the same experience i am, and monitors are taking longer and longer to finish because of the number of people tagging them and moving on. im curious if this is an intentional thing in the game or some odd coincidence. it just seems that i have to make a choice between keys and legendaries and really would like an explanation on why it works this way.
    This weekend i arrived at one near the end and i didn`t score more than 15K and i got an OJ. My first at a Major Dark Matter.

Ill have to give the score 5k thing a try because if I bust my *** and get #1 I end up with blue or lower as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SxB_xPUDDYTATx View Post

That makes me sick as I can do the full Arkfall minors and boss or just boss and end up #1 several in a row and get greens and purple. Im gonna try this too...it will kill me though...hate doing almost nothing.
    Xbox One Characters:
    Teddymouse EGO: 50 Power: 2076

PC Characters:
    Teddymouse EGO: 595

Xbox 360 Characters:
    Teddymouse EGO: 6000(retired)
    Fur Burger EGO:3000+(retired)

I was first in a darkfall yesterday and got an orange.. and yes, I had more than 5000 points.

Agreed, if I land on top of the score board I get crap. I've had two DMs now where I showed up for just the monolith (scored around 30k points both times) and score two OJs for it. Seems like the people who land anywhere from 8 - 15 on the scoreboard get the OJs...

I love hearing everyone's theories about legendary drops. I tell everyone to go for the lucky leprechaun juice right when the monolith explodes.
    The following is based only on my experience and that of my feiends and clan members. (There are a lot of us)
    If you score the required minimum points to earn a top tier lockbox you will have roughly a 1:3 chance to get an orange. This is happening at the dark matter majors right now, but there is no minimum. I scored 1100 last night and got a tachmag pulser. Ive also finished first and got a vbi ar. This was happening at incursions a few weeks ago if you got the minimum and at sieges before that and at arkbreaks before that. When the next patch hits I'm guessing they will either pick a new event to be the orange generator or get rid of it entirely.
    Lots of people say they cant score too high or they cant get there too early or they only get them on odd days of the month when they stand on one leg and play with their controler upside down. I think people have a tendancy to find patterns where there are none.
    1:3 chance, so most of the time you walk away with junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddymouse View Post
    That makes me sick as I can do the full Arkfall minors and boss or just boss and end up #1 several in a row and get greens and purple. Im gonna try this too...it will kill me though...hate doing almost nothing.
    yup number 1 -3 several times this weekend, with greens as my reward. WTF.

Sadly there were far fewer DM instances to far,
    XBOX, NA, DAWN PATROL (recruit for life!)

Quote Originally Posted by jay ellis View Post
    I love hearing everyone's theories about legendary drops. I tell everyone to go for the lucky leprechaun juice right when the monolith explodes.
    The following is based only on my experience and that of my feiends and clan members. (There are a lot of us)
    If you score the required minimum points to earn a top tier lockbox you will have roughly a 1:3 chance to get an orange. This is happening at the dark matter majors right now, but there is no minimum. I scored 1100 last night and got a tachmag pulser. Ive also finished first and got a vbi ar. This was happening at incursions a few weeks ago if you got the minimum and at sieges before that and at arkbreaks before that. When the next patch hits I'm guessing they will either pick a new event to be the orange generator or get rid of it entirely.
    Lots of people say they cant score too high or they cant get there too early or they only get them on odd days of the month when they stand on one leg and play with their controler upside down. I think people have a tendancy to find patterns where there are none.
    1:3 chance, so most of the time you walk away with junk.
    What if I'm a clanmate and a fiend?
    PSN: MAMGRIZZLY PS4 IGN: MamGrizz
    PS3 IGN: Mam Grizz
    PS4 CLAN: BioHazard
    PS3 CLAN: PASSPORT2HELL
    "Don't F**k With The Mama Bear!"

Tried this out last night.

Round 1- Score of 50k: Reward was 2 blues and a green.

Round 2-Score of 7k: Reward was an Oj, a purp and a blue lol