+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

One Year on the New Frontier

Greetings, ark hunters!

It has been an exciting year for Defiance. We've launched the first massive co-op shooter. We've launched a television series. We've provided more updates than you can shake a stick at. (Likely the incorporeal nature of updates greatly hampers your ability to shake a stick at them. Just sayin'.)

We're wrapping up our fifth DLC, Arktech Revolution, and it transforms the face of the game. We're adding fifteen perks, raising the EGO cap, adding new pursuits and gear. It has been a titanic undertaking that has altered the way every single fight in the game plays out.

Read the full article on the website.
    "Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

I live in a Twiztid and tormented mind, keep out.
    I swear that I can go "point-counterpoint" with this State of The Game Address but I will not.
    What started as a fun process of discovery and making friends has turned into frustration with the handling on Defiance on the part of "The Company" as far as DLC goes. Defiance never met It's potential in the Season 1 DLC, It didn't even stretch out for it or come close remotely.
    The Game has brought me good friends and the social aspect of It is great. I always have a good time because of The People that I am with and We always find things to do. Some of the DLC was passable and added to the game of Defiance but to paiknt all of It is such a grand color and light is tremendously misleading in my opinion.
    I will withhold my opinion and judgement on "the March of Progress" because I haven't played it yet, but 50% of the previously released DLC is woefully inadequate.
    I LOVE Defiance and It has taken a lot of abuse to get me this upset and jaded at "The Company" and all of the associated material and practices.
    I have been called "Trion's #1 Fan", a "Trion White Knight", a "Trion Fan-Boy", "Kool-Aid Drinker" and a "Trionista" (my favorite).
    Sad to say, I am not any of those. I believe in the Game "Defiance" but I am trying to hold "The Company" to a higher standard as a consumer of DLC product that I purchased and THAT is what has me so upset.
    Overall, I am happy with the growth of the Game.
    I don't appreciate the handling or implementation.
    Perhaps the next season will be better.

"THIS FATAL CIRCUS needs a few less clowns...."
    GT: CRIXDA CLAN: DAWN PATROL
    "Have Cool, Will Travel"
    DAWN PATROL every saturday A.M., Run and Gun on XBL NA!

Finally, confirmation of land expansion....that's got to mean new content right? Or are they just going to add new land, put all the old crap in that area, rename it, maybe reskin it, and call it "new"?

Please, dear Lord...say it ain't so.

'inevitable land expansion'

Anyone have any ideas? San Diego could be a place of interest since its know that another Terra Spire landed there. Los Angeles will be part of season 2 of the show..maybe we will to? Vegas Prison has been mentioned on multiple occasions, can anyone say Defiance New Vegas?

It would be cool to get something big at some point and time but that blocked off northern section of San Fran where the Terra Spire blew up has been waiting to be explored since forever. And its about time we finally found out what really went down during the Battle of Defiance.

Murder town USA is an apt description. Those poor low egos...
    Player name: Alexis Hassinger | EGO:6000 | Clan:CRONUS | Platform: PC | NA
    Player name: Josh Firebrand | EGO:2100+ | Clan:CRONUS | Platform: PC | NA

Quote Originally Posted by Scapes View Post
    .... As the show took off, viewers and players were drawn in by the story of the post-Arkfall world. Players wanted to experience more of this for themselves, and they tore through our story content like bookworms with the munchies. ...

... Players worked with and against characters which crossed over between show and game: Nolan, Irisa, Rynn, and Doc Yewll. ...

... the Thorn Liro bared its fangs in Paradise. ...

... 7th Legion brought new outfits, new synergies, and new challenges. ...
    And in each case, the characters disappeared from the story without a trace, never to be seen again. I was absolutely fascinated by Noah Grant, Cass Ducar, Jon Cooper, Varus Soleptor, Eren Nidell, and (off camera) Cofer Grey, but especially by Rosa Rodriguez, Ara Shondu, and above all Torc Mok. Every single one of them has fascinating stories that need to be continued. Except for one throw-away reference to Eren, none of them has appeared in any content in the last 12 months. The one character we get back is someone who is inexplicably still alive a year after we killed him, Dy'Dekuso.

Except for the one passing reference to Meh Yewll, none of the characters from the show have appeared, even as throw-away references from other characters, since last June.

Ferik appeared in DLC1, gave a half a dozen inspiring speeches about an upcoming revolution against the shanjifyo, and then disappeared from the storyline entirely.

Do I need to go on? No, they do. Stop dangling new plot threads and actually do something with the existing ones. Any of them. Please.

I asked for a current road map/mission statement for the game, so I guess that was an answer.

Of course, not everything is good news. BTW, I was here since the Beta, and you got some revisionist history in that write up.

Thanks for the update Scapes.
    XBOX, NA, DAWN PATROL (recruit for life!)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapes View Post
    7th Legion brought new outfits
    I knew it all along! The 7th Legion is the future Earth's version of Old Navy... or the Gap... take your pick.

What a fricken joke!

LV-426, Hadleys Hope Terraforming Colony (Vacation homes on Pandora & Promethea)

walking the line on this one

Im on the other side of the fence after coming back to this game after a 3 month break. All 5 of these so called dlcs put together had only enough actual "new" content to be considered 1 great dlc for any other game out there. Not to mention that there was literally NOTHING exclusive to season pass owners short of reskins and a few weapons. Even the outfits were supposed to get arent given but out of lockboxes that take hours on end to grind for with no garauntee well EVER recieve them. 5 stripped down dlcs done wrong does not equal 5 dlcs............ trions releasing updates as dlcs method has risen to the top of the compost heap and smells far too awful to ignore anymore. Well see if this one is worth the money spent on the season pass, because so far weve been jipped.as a pass owner ive only gotten mayb 10$ worth of "exclusive pass owner" content so far and plenty of reskins and re used content that i could shake 5 sticks at if i had enough arms. On a lighter note i still enjoy the game for what it is quite alot. Just urked on2 this whole S.P. debacle.

i too have been a strong supporter of this game and played in beta and pre ordered my giant collectors edition for 150$ then bought bits to show support at 50 bucks a pop numerous times. But with every dlc release seeing paid vs free and the sickly thin amount we get for our money i lose a little bit of my trion worlds light inside..... sort of like i used to have the bat signal and now it just shines a picture of a tomagotchii poop. Maybe trion will listen to the ppl who are throwing them their revenue[season pass holders,dlc buyers,bits purchasers] and next season give us what we want,deserve, and dare i say owed?imo for this whole misleading cheap trick. Im pretty sure the fact that the dlcs suffered and were cheaply thrown out here so quickly after castithan had ALOT to do with the major updates breaking the game after release. If they didnt have to take months and months to constantly take 1 step forward and 2 steps back to fix a game that was in developement for 5 years and had plenty of alpha and beta testing they could have spent more time working on content for dlcs instead of trying to rush all 5 out by thier promised deadline.

heres to season 2 not following suit

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    'inevitable land expansion'

Anyone have any ideas? San Diego could be a place of interest since its know that another Terra Spire landed there. Los Angeles will be part of season 2 of the show..maybe we will to? Vegas Prison has been mentioned on multiple occasions, can anyone say Defiance New Vegas?

It would be cool to get something big at some point and time but that blocked off northern section of San Fran where the Terra Spire blew up has been waiting to be explored since forever. And its about time we finally found out what really went down during the Battle of Defiance.
    Id say New York but I don't know considering it possibly a place in the TV show and I know they don't want to have the game in the sam eplaces as the show.

+ Reply to Thread