+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

a very broken scoring system

i was in a dead shard, alone at a mutant district siege. i waited a few minutes for others to show up, when i see a purple dot on the screen. they run straight to the first point and capture, so here we go. im using a purple vbi assault rifle, and i easily blow through the shield and most of the life bar of a trooper when i have to reload. as i do, the ***-hat purple whips out his zagger and kills the trooper. my score? 247 for an assist, when he only fired 2 shots. this proceeds through 3 rounds, with him only firing kill shots. i figure when the second point opens up, ill just move. but no, ***-hat follows me from point to point, never firing a single shot unless its a kill shot. so i quit shooting things altogether for a bit, and he proceeds to do the same.

i get no points for damaging the shields, no points for taking down the life bar. i only get teamwork points if the two of us are shooting the enemy at the same time. the siege ends after 7 stages. my score... barely over 3000. the ***-hat manages to score about 14,000 after i did all the leg work.

im glad to see the system working the way it was intended.

I dont think it was the scoring system acting up it was probably just bad lag. Ive gotten lag where the scoring didnt even show
    Smitty-Ego 5114 | Mrs. Smitty- Ego 1563 GT: MASSIVEHVAL
    Founder of HE WAS NUMBER ONE on Xbox NA
    The clan is dead, but I'm not!

The score system still sucks. It still plays to the one who does the most damage...just gives more to those who finish last most of the time. Was supposed to promote team work but is still every hunter for their selves.
    Xbox One Characters:
    Teddymouse EGO: 50 Power: 2076

PC Characters:
    Teddymouse EGO: 595

Xbox 360 Characters:
    Teddymouse EGO: 6000(retired)
    Fur Burger EGO:3000+(retired)

I dont think its that big of a deal
    Smitty-Ego 5114 | Mrs. Smitty- Ego 1563 GT: MASSIVEHVAL
    Founder of HE WAS NUMBER ONE on Xbox NA
    The clan is dead, but I'm not!

The scoring leaves a lot to be desired as well as the reward system. I just finished 2 minor ark falls, there were only 2 people in the first one I called and reward was ZERO....seriously all that and no reward ? THe second there was 6 people in and guess what.....you guessed it NO REWARD.
    This the part where the die hards buzz in with " what was the scores " and "you did not score high enough" or " you got the weapons and drops, that should be enough ".
    Followed by " look more people that have that entitlement feeling and should be getting something for nothing "
    Yes I know there are drops, ammo, etc etc etc and we can sell that stuff or break it into salvage. but seriously, there is more we need to be able to retrieve some things such as KEYS.
    We should at least get one key for doing a minor or major ark fall.
    In modern warfare, overwatch is the state of one small unit or military vehicle supporting another unit, while they are executing fire and movement tactics. An overwatching, or supporting unit has taken a position where it can observe the terrain ahead, especially likely enemy positions. This allows it to provide effective covering fire for advancing friendly units. The term overwatch originates in U.S. military doctrine.

Quote Originally Posted by Overwatch View Post
    The scoring leaves a lot to be desired as well as the reward system. I just finished 2 minor ark falls, there were only 2 people in the first one I called and reward was ZERO....seriously all that and no reward ? THe second there was 6 people in and guess what.....you guessed it NO REWARD.
    This the part where the die hards buzz in with " what was the scores " and "you did not score high enough" or " you got the weapons and drops, that should be enough ".
    Followed by " look more people that have that entitlement feeling and should be getting something for nothing "
    Yes I know there are drops, ammo, etc etc etc and we can sell that stuff or break it into salvage. but seriously, there is more we need to be able to retrieve some things such as KEYS.
    The new scoring system along with the new bullet sponge patch coming on the 15th will be a test as to how much this game can stand and still survive imho. Lowering rewards overall is an interesting approach to generating new player interest and retaining veteran players. Making the game mostly hard mode with breaks of "you gotta be kidding" mode thrown in for laughs will have an effect. Will it be the one Trion wants? Depends on what they really want I guess.
    1.05 shotgun mag boost? REALLY?
    PC/NA&EU, too many toons to list.
    "If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."- Jayne Cobb.
    "Daredevil"

Quote Originally Posted by Overwatch View Post
    That's why I stopped doing them. The only things I do in the game anymore are contracts, ken farms, major dark matter, and the warmaster. Oh yeah, I'll do co-op as well.

I get to 5k ego about 3 months after getting the game. I started 2 new charters to have something to do, but it seems that each dlp that comes out takes away something to do in the game.

This next dlp, I don't know what to think about it yet, but from what I have been reading and "the company's" track record this could be the end of this game. I guess only time will tell...

Almost everything has a score system to it now...just get rid of the score and randomly toss out loot to those that help. Problem solved.
    Xbox One Characters:
    Teddymouse EGO: 50 Power: 2076

PC Characters:
    Teddymouse EGO: 595

Xbox 360 Characters:
    Teddymouse EGO: 6000(retired)
    Fur Burger EGO:3000+(retired)

its not broke... its "working as intended".

A place in France where the women wear no pants
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Making the game mostly hard mode with breaks of "you gotta be kidding" mode thrown in for laughs will have an effect.
    This reminds me of when the Volge were first introduced, before they were nerfed. When every single shot was a hit for them, not matter how far I was, or how fast I was running. The result was, I never engaged any Volge alone on roadblocks then. If this had been my first exeprience of the game, I'd probably wouldn't have engage the game at all.

I'm sure they'll tweak and fix and re-balance stuff. But they have to do that ASAP or player population will leak out fast. Not including the ones who just don't even care about trying the new system.
    ARMCHAIR ARKHUNTER & LOCK KEEPER
    PC [EU]
    - Miss Cobra - proud sister from the Blood Oath Brotherhood clan
    PC [EU & PTS] - Tsort - Irathient cannon fodder
    *radio advert voice* Defiance incoming DLC preview... Unexpected hazards will now drop from the sky along with the usual Arkhunters' booty... Experience the ShArkFalls! You thought Trion was jumping the shark? Wait till the shark jumps on YOU. ShArkFalls, available... soon.