+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Be kind and leave.

I went to do a conflict site for rep yesterday at Bolinas Smeltery and saw one other person there. The threat level was at 10 so I assumed it was a higher EGO person such as myself. I killed one enemy and then proceeded to the next site.

I figure it is easier to let him handle the threat level 5 than 2 of us doing it at 10. The other conflict site was empty and I was allowed to complete it at threat level 5 with no issues.

If you see me at a site feel free to tag it and leave. Much easier that way.
    www.youtube.com/user/combo65

IGN: Combo Breaker

Yes, this is the very "problem" with scaling i believe such thing can be rectified if the low EGO players get major boost to the dmg and life/shield/armor plates. Because as it is if the lower EGO players stays and threat level is too high they will ends up with no kills while the high EGO more experienced player will have tougher time to deal with the additional enemies, yes doable, yes much harder but he will get all the kills.
    PC/EU
    • Jaroslav Unwanted
    • Nidholgur Hel

Our group went through a conflict site on our way to a mission where one player was fighting. Of course the TL hit 10. Once we realized we had screwed him we went back and helped him finish his conflict site. Its easy to not steal kills from lower EGO players. Use a BMG, use bio and strip armor and then switch targets. Throw flashbangs. Help them get to higher levels and they will be a more valuable part of the team. If you're in a clan you are representing it, and players remember who helps them and who craps on them. Wow, sorry for the tangent.

I am over 5700. I would absolutely love if people dropped by for one second to tag the conflict site and leave again before new enemies spawn. That way the threat level scales back down before new enemies spawn and I can finish it off super fast. I do NOT mind helping someone out.

It's not always necessarily better to stay and finish it off if you happen to drive by a conflict site and scale it up.
    Trion Creator
    YouTube: LucentBeam // Twitch: Lucent_Beam // Twitter: lucentbeam
    Defiance 2050: PSN: LucentBeam / IGN: Lux: ~1300[NA PS4]
    Defiance: GT: Lucent Beam / IGN: Lux Anyar: 6000 [NA 360]

Agree. I was doing a rep mission, TL 2, quite a few enemies but I was handling it. Two more people showed up TL jumped to 5, I died and lost my score{ego 1900}. I used to gripe about the empty servers, now I want them back.
    Nothing like discouraging group play in an MMO.
    onPCintheUSA

Interesting point. I had this same thing happen to me a couple of days ago and we got slaughtered over and over again trying to complete the conflict site. Eventually a couple more people wandered in and helped us mop it up, but my little low ego character wound up with very little score and not much to show for her troubles. When I'm on my high ego character, I never think to leave and drop the TL, I always stay to finish the site. Now I'll use better discretion of when to stay and when to go. Thanks!
    XBOX NA
    Vonna - Knights of Paradise
    Artemis Valkyrie - Why So Serious

From what ive seen once someone steps in and jacks up the threat level they can leave but all the mobs that came out when they showed up are still the same strength even if the threat level goes back down again , thus you are fighting apex mobs under a threat level 5.

Quote Originally Posted by orcface View Post
    Our group went through a conflict site on our way to a mission where one player was fighting. Of course the TL hit 10. Once we realized we had screwed him we went back and helped him finish his conflict site. Its easy to not steal kills from lower EGO players. Use a BMG, use bio and strip armor and then switch targets. Throw flashbangs. Help them get to higher levels and they will be a more valuable part of the team. If you're in a clan you are representing it, and players remember who helps them and who craps on them. Wow, sorry for the tangent.
    I salute you sir/madam/sentient! When everyone levels up, we all win.
    XBOX, NA, DAWN PATROL (recruit for life!)

So they are working on "balancing" the game so high an low ego players can do the same content without frustration and chaos?
    Kind of like it was before the bullet sponge patch?
    Hmmmmm.

I think I have an idea!

1.05 shotgun mag boost? REALLY?
    PC/NA&EU, too many toons to list.
    "If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."- Jayne Cobb.
    "Daredevil"

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    So they are working on "balancing" the game so high an low ego players can do the same content without frustration and chaos?
    Kind of like it was before the bullet sponge patch?
    Hmmmmm.
    Yup.

I have got to give up on this, I have done 9 rep missions and have yet to get one done and have any score. I'll be doing fine, have my score up to 20K-40K and sure enough someone else shows up, TL jumps, I die, bye bye score.

My character advancement has come to a screeching halt.
    onPCintheUSA