+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Scoring System Oddity

I showed up at a darkmatter arkfall and only put maybe no more than 20 rounds into the tachmag drive when it ended and I got # 11 with over 100k score?
    Seems a bit flawed.

1.05 shotgun mag boost? REALLY?
    PC/NA&EU, too many toons to list.
    "If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."- Jayne Cobb.
    "Daredevil"

not an oddity. you cot there in time for a critical kill, which gives you a 100k point bonus to your score

The window for getting the critical kill bonus has been broadened from 0.x seconds (very low) to something like 1.0 or maybe even 2 seconds so it has become a lot easier to get the bonus. At least this is what Tekrunner told me and he usually seems to know his ****.

It just seemed odd to spend so little time there, shoot a short burst into the monolith, and end up on the leaderboard at all.
    1.05 shotgun mag boost? REALLY?
    PC/NA&EU, too many toons to list.
    "If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."- Jayne Cobb.
    "Daredevil"

well here you can see that showing up for the whole event doesnt help much...

I placed 10th tonight in a dark matter arkfall that just ended. I was there for about 1/2 the major, did no minors, and mostly did damage with a sniper. Only had 3 kills and I placed much higher than those with a couple dozen kills. Odd indeed.

C`mon people what`s ODD with this !? Nothing odd about this.

Working as intended.

Remember, they did this new scoring system so that players couldn't tag an ark fall and drive away gaining full rewards. Now all you do is wait till the boss shows up and time a power kill shot and end up with top score. Lets not forget the new scoring system was to also allow players the need to group up and play together, to bad dlp 5 made that point moot and is now better to solo content than grouping.
    http://forums.defiance.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6099394&dateline=1366  511466
    Processor:AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.30GHz Motherboard:AsusTeK M4N98TD EVO Memory:Corsair DDR3 16GB (4X4GB sticks) Graphics:2X NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti 2GB in SLI mode OS:Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1

Quote Originally Posted by SxB_xPUDDYTATx View Post
    well here you can see that showing up for the whole event doesnt help much...

last night at 3 monoliths in a row I pretty much only got to pump a few rounds into the tachmag drive with overcharge and got the power kill worth about 260,000 points! Keys and arkforge galore!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scapes View Post
    Yes, one million scrip. Why? We wanted to create an additional path to these weapons and their synergies for dedicated players who didn't want to purchase the Corporate Espionage Lock Box via the Bit Store.

GT: ConcreteSnake

I wish you all would pipe down.