+ Reply to Thread

Trion, please learn to walk before running.. A slight plee

I just don't understand how people at your company have still got their jobs.

If I made as many mistakes at work as these people do, doing these updates, I would have been long gone..

It is a common fact now that when a new "patch" comes out it ends up breaking more things, I really don't understand computer game programming, but surely your Quality Control Department (if there is such a thing) should vet all these updates, before they go live to thousands of people.

It has gone on for far too long now, can I seriously suggest either releasing these patches on the test server first and/or just doing 1 thing at a time, slowly but surely.

I didn't really find anything wrong with the game before 1.505, okay a few minor issues but at least nothing crazy like random score boards/no loot dropping/no rewards for Warmaster.

Stop trying to fix a bunch of things at once, it clearly DOESN'T WORK for you guys. Change 1 little thing, get it right, release it, then move onto the next.

Pro-Active maintenance is far better than Reactive.
    Gamertag: DopedGoat
    Server: EU
    Console: Xbox
    Clan: Nuclear Elite

p.s. I really do enjoy this game! It's just sooooo frustrating at times! It still has massive potential.
    Gamertag: DopedGoat
    Server: EU
    Console: Xbox
    Clan: Nuclear Elite

I thought the title said "A slight pee" LOL

Most of the actual Defiance developers haven't worked for Trion since last May and those folks had great ideas but they just didn't have any time. (Working with a show release date as a deadline is a likely culprit here.)

Truly good ideas to change this game have to be based on the initial foundation laid - and since the ones who laid that are long gone - these current Defiance custodians are befuddled and confused at most times.

So we come to now, Trion doesn't vet anything, quality control is reserved for games they "like", and alpha testers are ignored. Why?

Because they need to change the game into something they understand (thus the D Student approach to game design) and we want to better the game we already understand (hence the massive disconnect between these custodians and the informed player base).

Every single patch since last April has come with bugs and glitches. It is actually expected at this point and I expect no less from the Defiance custodians in the future.
    LF: Respark Energizer ARK, 7th Legion Gashima Unity Synergy, Double DMG & EGO on Reload

Well put Overtkill

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdpig View Post
    Well put Overtkill
    Pro edit, broseph.

Quote Originally Posted by Error404 View Post
    Pro edit, broseph.

Thanks lemming.