+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lets play hide and seek, it`s fun :)

ps3 version of defiance isn't optimized for the loading textures of an ark fall huh?
    http://forums.defiance.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6099394&dateline=1366  511466
    Processor:AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.30GHz Motherboard:AsusTeK M4N98TD EVO Memory:Corsair DDR3 16GB (4X4GB sticks) Graphics:2X NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti 2GB in SLI mode OS:Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1

I want to say this is the same place that glitches in and out for us on the 360. You have to stand outside of the circle in order to see anything.
    Platform: XBox 360 | Server: NA | Clan: Das Reboot
    Toons: Odessa (EGO 5881) | D1rk (EGO 5191) | C0r1nne (EGO 21xx) | Bella Dora (EGO 7xx) |

It is that one particular spot that it does that. Happened on Xbox yesterday, again.
    www.youtube.com/user/combo65

IGN: Combo Breaker

I wonder if this is due to the resource limitations of the consoles, or if this an issue with the higher end PCs as well? (client or server?)
    XBOX, NA, DAWN PATROL (recruit for life!)

does it all the time on ps3 in that exact place.

I`ll have my little Nikon at hand to film some more stuff once in a while. We all know that some things are just outrageous, but we tend to ignore because we are used to that already and we just don`t care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Quebra Regra View Post
    I wonder if this is due to the resource limitations of the consoles, or if this an issue with the higher end PCs as well? (client or server?)
    It's a cross platform issue and it does happen in that location in particular. It is not a mere rendering issue. The Ark fragment simply goes out of phase with the instance. It's probable that it is a server side issue as it's a shared experience by all the players there depending on where they are positioned relative to the Ark fragment. From certain positions staying in phase with the Ark fragment is stable and on the PC NA server players tend to stick to those locations once discovered and use long range and area suppression weapons to do the Ark fragment. This is also a reported and therefore presumably known issue for the devs.

dyunan.natsuu デュナン・ナッツ - PC NA

It's a problem with being too close to the Siege at the Mutant District (I think). Have you noticed a problem of not being able to complete certain conflict sites before, such as North Point, because the Siege instance doesn't fully despawn when it completes? Same story here I think. The Mutant District Siege instance isn't despawning sometimes when that Siege finishes.

So... when you go to this Arkfall location... it's too close to the Mutant District phase area. If you get too close to the Mutant District, it phases you into that location, and the Arkfall disappears.

Another reason why I believe this is causing it are the ammo crate locations in the Mutant District when this happens. When the Arkfall disappears, and you go over to the Mutant District, the ammo crates are placed as they would be in a siege over there. This happens at North Point as well when it is glitched out. Not sure how it happens but I think the Mutant District Siege bugging out is to blame.
    PSN ID (NA) - maverick--07--
    Characters - Odessia Tonra, Cynthia Vera, Dahlia Vasir

Defiance Data

Quote Originally Posted by maverick07 View Post
    It's a problem with being too close to the Siege at the Mutant District (I think).
    I think you may be on to something. Siege locations have always had phasing issues. An additional example is one where when you get to the active Siege area, there is nothing but the normal conflict site content.

dyunan.natsuu デュナン・ナッツ - PC NA