+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    I don't think anyone actually noticed when I did it, so no complaints, and no, I was too busy making sure I didn't get fried and switching load-outs to really notice the damage.

Warmaster patch will include Valarian Steel for those who like hack and slash.
    http://www.texarcana.com/
    It's not the bullet with my name on it that worries me. It's the one that says, "To whom it may concern".

Need a monofilament blade for the big monkey...
    Xbox NA
    <WHY SO SERIOUS>
    Midnight Shadow
    Ego 59xx
    Raven Lunatic
    Ego 35xx
    Xbox NA

Xbox One NA
    Midnyght
    Xbox One NA

"Because Grenades"
    GT :X Midnight X

Quote Originally Posted by Logain View Post
    On another note has anyone else noticed that rewards weapons seem to be a little bit stronger and easier to aim? (ie the XAR or the Detu Ara or even the Chaos Reigns Wolfhound?)

You know the black circular recital wolfhound that you get from one of the early missions "Chaos Reigns" seen here:

Attachment 7275

I have held onto it because I liked the look and feel of it. I finally upgraded it to legendary:

Attachment 7276

because I felt like it was easier to aim than a standard wolfhound. Is it just me or have other people seen this as well?
    The EMC XAR-22 is damned accurate. That's all I know . And seems to shoot forever as well.
    I'm still without DLC's, so it's been one of the best all-rounders I've seen so far.
    I'm sure there's better; but for now: It serves well. I've been up-rating it for the time being.
    Thinking about putting in a different nano than electrical...
    I have the Detu Aru; but haven't tried it yet. Time to try it before I out ego it too much.
    Didn't even THINK of keeping the Chaos Reigns 'Hound...ah well. I have more character slots to fool with.
    It's not the bullet with my name on it that worries me. It's the one that says, "To whom it may concern".

Hi all

Fairly new to Defiance and still working on getting a WM kill.

I've done a number of WM attempts and would like to ask for some feedback.

Bio grenades: Bio grenades do not appear to have the same effect as the nano proc of similar name. The description describes it as a snare effect weapon. There seems to be some implication in forum posts that it has an additional effect similar to the weapon nano proc. I see no indication that this is the case.

When the WM is hanging you can shoot at the knuckles of the right hand (the hand he is hanging by) and get crit damage numbers. Is this of any significance? If he is recharging his armor or ability to do the spark attack, can his ability to charge be reduced by focusing attacks on the knuckle while he is hanging?

When he is hanging, people tend to group up to get a shot at his back and the attrition rate for the people who are close seems to be very high. With medium range weapons you can stay back far enough to have time to evade the sparks. DPS calculators assume you are staying alive.

Tia
    Elsy, OMD

The Bio nano does 125% damage to armor plates. The Bio grenade does 100% damage to armor plates. The difference is that a Bio weapon has the damage attached to each shot, therefore you need to toss the grenade and shoot the target to see armor plates go down. In addition to the snare, its effect is that it reduces the damage that the affected enemy deals, this works as intended. The downside to Bio is that it doesn't do anything useful once the armor plates go down.

You won't get crit numbers often enough for it to be a viable strategy. You can stop the EMP attack one time during the whole fight when shooting the right arm, and it will only force a mechanic that the boss would normally use later to come into play sooner. Shooting the right arm isn't viable because the Sucker Punch perk exists. 15% extra damage done will always be greater than 0.

The close spots aren't for those with doubt as part of their strategy. You're only going to achieve maximum kill when you get in there and get some. Learn that the fight is very scripted. Know how the boss will move and respond to situations. Ablative Armor Stim whenever you can while he hangs, always deal with death from above as necessary. Sure, dodging a bomb can save your life and only cost you a second or two of DPS. Depending on your loadout, getting hit by a bomb can also restore 30% of your EGO power. Do what works.

EDIT: Don't be a Spike Humper. When you drop a spike or see one go down, GET AWAY FROM THE CENTER OF IT. Enemy units can attack and kill spikes. When you stand next to a spike and get hit by a bomb, the spike takes damage too. Spikes have a good effective range for those gaining their benefits, you don't need to hump them. I don't know how many times I've seen innocent spikes perish at the whims of a Spike Humper.

Quote Originally Posted by SirServed View Post
    The Bio nano does 125% damage to armor plates. The Bio grenade does 100% damage to armor plates. The difference is that a Bio weapon has the damage attached to each shot, therefore you need to toss the grenade and shoot the target to see armor plates go down. In addition to the snare, its effect is that it reduces the damage that the affected enemy deals, this works as intended. The downside to Bio is that it doesn't do anything useful once the armor plates go down.

SirServed,
    What my clan mate (Gurnolla and I are a Clan of two) REALLY wants to know is how/where the empirical evidence of bio grenades actually causing armour plate damage comes from?
    Gurnolla is a data loving s.o.b.
    He's scratching his head on that so hard he's digging a furrow in his skull .

I think the initial blast of the Bio grenade does 125% damage vs plates.

Also, 25% less damage + speed reduction may not mean much, but they do give an extra edge to survive aginst powerful enemies, like Bombers or Viscera.
    "Fight! Win! Prevail!".

Sugestion threads
    Weapon rolls | Lockboxes | Nanos balance | AP pickups | Vehicles and armor

SuperEGO V2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Tex_Arcana View Post
    SirServed,
    What my clan mate (Gurnolla and I are a Clan of two) REALLY wants to know is how/where the empirical evidence of bio grenades actually causing armour plate damage comes from?
    Gurnolla is a data loving s.o.b.
    He's scratching his head on that so hard he's digging a furrow in his skull .
    Trick mentioned it during a livestream a few months back.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTalons View Post
    I think the initial blast of the Bio grenade does 125% damage vs plates.

Also, 25% less damage + speed reduction may not mean much, but they do give an extra edge to survive aginst powerful enemies, like Bombers or Viscera.
    I don't have issues with Bombers or Viscera. Radiation Needler and Jackpot Wildcat > Those guys. I'm actually more threatened by the standard burst shots vs. 10 Troopers.

Trick mentioned it during a livestream a few months back.

Ah Ok. Thanks.
    Got my first WM kill yesterday morning: great group with only 5 or so that didn't know what was up.
    We got them to stop shooting locks, and had a good group fire at the back at the start.
    I picked up a Blue HP-6 with Assassin Synergy and have been keeping it up with my ego: Damn thing crits like a truck even as blue.
    managed to empty the clip into WM as he went down: So much fun

+ Reply to Thread