+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Been in a lot of PUG groups lately that have failed. Seem to get the crystal armor off but then fall behind when shooting at the exposed crit spot (i.e. the spot that is yellow).

I cannot stress enough how important point #6 is:

6. For the other weapon choose a high Crit DPS weapon (like the VBI HP-6 Wolfhound or VBI HP-7 Wildcat) ideally with radiation or fire (to increase damage and group DPS) close to your ego. Although syphon will help you stay alive if you die a lot. A VBI SS-2 Ranger is also a high crit DPS weapon but suffers from having a limited ammo pool. Shoot your high Crit DPS weapon at the cirt spot after the crystal armor breaks.

Please use one of three guns during the 2nd stage of Warmaster (i.e. when the crit spot is exposed):

1. VBI Wolfhound
    2. VBI Wildcat (essentially the a super charged wolfhound if you own DLC4)
    3. VBI Ranger

That's about it. The DPS is about double any SMG/AR/LMG out there. Practice with them they will become your friends. Happy Warmaster hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Logain View Post
    Please use one of three guns during the 2nd stage of Warmaster (i.e. when the crit spot is exposed):

1. VBI Wolfhound
    2. VBI Wildcat (essentially the a super charged wolfhound if you own DLC4)
    Critical damage per second is definitely an issue on PC NA. Weapon selection however is not the only thing that's relevant. I cannot emphasize enough how important damage increasing perks are:

Sucker Punch - +15% damage to the back
    Gunslinger - +12% critical damage when firing from the hip (you should always be firing from the hip with a Wolfhound/Wildcat)
    Kill or be Killed - +45% critical damage when your shields are empty - you should have a high capacity shield regardless but the effectiveness of this requires that you do not use a fast regenerating shield such as a Respark or Rebel

Hunter's Stance is a bit too situational for me to say it's a must have perk but it does give 9% critical damage when crouched so if you feel you can spare the perk slot it is something to consider.

If you have Arktech Revolution and are using a weapon with a radiation or incendiary nano-effect I would also recommend using the appropriate perk to increase that nano-type's damage by 15%. Those two nano-effects are also the only ones I would recommend after the crystal armor breaks. Incendiary in particular is a beast when combining it with Conflagration, Gunslinger and Sucker Punch for a total of 92% damage increase at all times and 137% whenever Kill or Be Killed kicks in.

dyunan.natsuu デュナン・ナッツ - PC NA

I added those two additional Nano perks on my WM loadout.

Predator (Nano effects have a higher chance to trigger against enemies that are not in combat)

Insult to Injury (Nano effects have a higher chance to trigger on a critical hit)

For those who need to know the different Perks, Defiance Data EGO Grid.
    Platform: XBox 360 | Server: NA | Clan: Das Reboot
    Toons: Odessa (EGO 5881) | D1rk (EGO 5191) | C0r1nne (EGO 21xx) | Bella Dora (EGO 7xx) |

the description of 'Predator', would that work while WM is hanging ?, seems your both in combat the whole time, I was looking at that one, but it was the "not in combat" that turned me away from using it
    I'm sure I have Insult to Injury, if not I need to check that.

I was going to ask if the critical percentages stacked from those perks but reading Deunan post i got my answer.

Well the one good thing with the upcoming changes to Warmaster in patch 2.1 is that maybe people will use strategy instead of trying to zerg it to death.

Will update guide to accommodate the new Timers for the Warmaster instance.

@ 1
    R.I.P. TP
    Funny line about female fighter outfits

Remember, don't believe everything you read on the Internet. That's how World War I got started.

Quote Originally Posted by SirServed View Post
    Organizing a WM raid may actually be pretty simple. Arrange your groups beforehand (all you need to do is get your party full) and clear the trash. When the terminal opens, the leader from each party goes in. While it's not a guarantee, you have better odds of getting 4-6 people into the same instance that have an additional 12-18 people waiting to hit Go To Leader than 16-24 people all queuing up. It's not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.
    This is a great idea.

BTW with the new timers in place you have to be very quick to get all your loot that has dropped on the upper level. It seems to go by very quickly to me.

Weekend bump. Will have an updated version of the guide on Monday.

In the meantime, how goes the Warmaster hunting with timers?