+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Removing Bit Option fro Lock Boxes (or at LEAST give warning)

Hello. I am hoping this will be considered, as there's nothing more frustrating than realizing you bought something you didn't need to. I have more than enough resources and keys so I cannot see any reason to waste real money on something that I can get in game. The Store should really be separate from the game.

I'm usually running about and buying lock boxes when I am maxed out on keys. Most of the time I have a group waiting on me and simply don't want to lose keys by joining an events, which means I'm rushing to grab some T2 lock boxes so I can get back into the fray. I shouldn't have to worry about spending real money for something outside of the Bit Store.

I know there are a few other people who have also stated this as being an issue so I wanted to make sure it's put out here as an official request.
    Platform: XBox 360 | Server: NA | Clan: Das Reboot
    Toons: Odessa (EGO 5881) | D1rk (EGO 5191) | C0r1nne (EGO 21xx) | Bella Dora (EGO 7xx) |

+1
    Good idea. The way it is now is SNEAKY.

I'll agree to that.
    Support me in Extralife

Xbox Gt and Defiance Character (Na): Atticus Batman
    DEFIANCE CLAN: DAWN PATROL(forum page)

(Azrael Batman) Clan: Nuclear Elite (EU)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    That's because Batman is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOz View Post
    As usual Batman is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaQkarri View Post
    Because Batman is ALWAYS RIGHT!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper2662 View Post
    Batman is boss. He will never lose because he is the best. That's that. Oh yeeeah

Simple fix.... don't buy bits anymore...

I started a thread about this a week ago and have been sending in tickets/bug report and when live chatting asking them to pass it along as well. I highly doubt they will do anything about. Until they remove then from lockboxes I will not buy bits anymore.

They have to make money somehow. If they cant to it an honest way they will do it a sneaky way. It;s the wrong way, and in no way to run a business..

This is something we might be able to complain to sony and xbox about. It's very deceptive particularly when a lot of players are underage and may be using mommy or daddy's credit card.
    They might be able to press Trion into actually doing something.

Or take your time buying boxes instead of the typical rush buy everyone does

GT: Dc Chimera

Characters:
    Mcshulte- ego: 5306
    DGgeoff- ego: 825

great idea

Quote Originally Posted by mcshulte View Post
    Or take your time buying boxes instead of the typical rush buy everyone does
    OR you can learn what the biggest issues are with it! You can make sure you click on buy with resources, but sometimes if you have bits it pretends you clicked buy with bits and uses your bits. Or sometimes you click buy with resources but then a server spike causes the cursor to jump to buy with bits as you click it. Besides how do you know EVERYBODY does a rush buy, just because you do? Would it really be a burden to YOU, if it was removed from the boxes at the lockbox vendors, so cash spenders would have to go into the CASH shop to buy them with CASH? No it would not, but it would be a good thing for Trion. By forcing people who want to buy boxes with cahs to go into the CASH shop, those buyers will then browse while there and most likely buy other stuff as well.
    Support me in Extralife

Xbox Gt and Defiance Character (Na): Atticus Batman
    DEFIANCE CLAN: DAWN PATROL(forum page)

(Azrael Batman) Clan: Nuclear Elite (EU)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    That's because Batman is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOz View Post
    As usual Batman is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaQkarri View Post
    Because Batman is ALWAYS RIGHT!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper2662 View Post
    Batman is boss. He will never lose because he is the best. That's that. Oh yeeeah

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Batman View Post
    OR you can learn what the biggest issues are with it! You can make sure you click on buy with resources, but sometimes if you have bits it pretends you clicked buy with bits and uses your bits. Or sometimes you click buy with resources but then a server spike causes the cursor to jump to buy with bits as you click it. Besides how do you know EVERYBODY does a rush buy, just because you do? Would it really be a burden to YOU, if it was removed from the boxes at the lockbox vendors, so cash spenders would have to go into the CASH shop to buy them with CASH? No it would not, but it would be a good thing for Trion. By forcing people who want to buy boxes with cahs to go into the CASH shop, those buyers will then browse while there and most likely buy other stuff as well.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I flick up twice but it bounces back to Bits. I always try to be cautious simply because the Bit button is the first it goes to. There have been times I didn't realize it until it's done and I've looked at my Bits after selling off. I definitely don't plan on purchasing any more bits. Throwing away money for absolute junk isn't going to make me want to buy more. The outfit I was going to get will have to stay in the shop. i just need to spend the remaining so I don't do this again.

Once again, the Bits should be in the shop. Atticus is right. You want people to purchase items? Put it where they have all the items to purchase. I dread even knowing how many boxes I've accidentally bought... simply because I buy, sell to vendor and move on.
    Platform: XBox 360 | Server: NA | Clan: Das Reboot
    Toons: Odessa (EGO 5881) | D1rk (EGO 5191) | C0r1nne (EGO 21xx) | Bella Dora (EGO 7xx) |

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa View Post
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I flick up twice but it bounces back to Bits. I always try to be cautious simply because the Bit button is the first it goes to. There have been times I didn't realize it until it's done and I've looked at my Bits after selling off. I definitely don't plan on purchasing any more bits. Throwing away money for absolute junk isn't going to make me want to buy more. The outfit I was going to get will have to stay in the shop. i just need to spend the remaining so I don't do this again.

Once again, the Bits should be in the shop. Atticus is right. You want people to purchase items? Put it where they have all the items to purchase. I dread even knowing how many boxes I've accidentally bought... simply because I buy, sell to vendor and move on.
    Because Batman is ALWAYS RIGHT! So, it seems, is Odessa