+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ark Hunting as a Way of Life III is it bugged or just freakin hard?

I've been trying to get the kill shot pursuit for the hellion and progenitor.
    I'm positive I've gotten the hellion kill shot at least twice but the pursuit doesn't update.
    Is it a known bug or am I just wrong?
    Is it possible to get points for kill and not get the "kill shot"?

It's just really, really hard to get the kill shot. Doesn't appear to be bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    It's just really, really hard to get the kill shot. Doesn't appear to be bugged.
    I had to go through Support to get those ticked for me. I certainly don't want to argue, but I've seen the score window show "Power Kill" on both the Hellion and Progenitor a couple times before I finally gave up and sent in a ticket.

I could just be misunderstanding how the whole thing works, but I thought I'd throw this out there.
    PC NA characters: Market & Yanna Walkingbear
    XBox NA character retired.

PTS Reviews on Defiance Data!

"You must understand, young Hobbit, it takes a long time to say anything in Old Entish. And we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say."

Quote Originally Posted by Market View Post
    I could just be misunderstanding how the whole thing works, but I thought I'd throw this out there.
    I wouldn't rule it out! OP, if you're seeing that as well, submit a ticket. Make sure to file a bug report as well. Not many reports on this currently.

Yeah, I've seen it say crit kill, power kill and my score jumps up by 80 to 100k so I thought I had it.
    I wasn't sure if it gives credit for crit or power kill when it isn't the very last shot.
    I'll mention it when I call live chat, I have the piercer and cerberus pursuit problems to also.

The score announcements are misleading because they award you if you did not get THE SHOT that killed him but did enough damage (relative) and damaged the enemy while he was about to die. This system si to forgive some lag but to actually get the Pursuit you jave to land the very shot that killed him.

As such CS should not just casually fix it unless it is confirmed to be broken (which is does NOT seem to be) because it would be a slap in the face of hardworking players (as so many things lately).

I had to file multiple tickets, all of which got the response of "well, we can't verify it in our logs" to which I said, OK, here is a bunch of pictures of me getting every possible type of killshot and then the CS team FINALLY fixed it after basically calling me a liar 7 times previously and telling me I had not in fact landed the kill shot, even though I had photo evidence to the contrary. So to this, all I can say, is GOOD LUCK and be persistent. To CS those logs are the only truth, and players can not be trusted.

Yes it seems the killshot pursuits for those are on the old system for killshots. If anyone remembers the Warmaster pursuit before they fixed it it's basically the same way that used to work.
    PSN ID (NA) - maverick--07--
    Characters - Odessia Tonra, Cynthia Vera, Dahlia Vasir

Defiance Data

Quote Originally Posted by 4ndreas View Post
    The score announcements are misleading because they award you if you did not get THE SHOT that killed him but did enough damage (relative) and damaged the enemy while he was about to die. This system si to forgive some lag but to actually get the Pursuit you jave to land the very shot that killed him.

As such CS should not just casually fix it unless it is confirmed to be broken (which is does NOT seem to be) because it would be a slap in the face of hardworking players (as so many things lately).
    I had also been the ONLY person at a Progenitor and landed the kill shot, and still did not receive credit. As much as I wish it had to do with landing the very last shot that killed it, I have also been in groups where multiple people got credit for the kill shot, some of whom were not even firing at the enemy when it died.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick07 View Post
    Yes it seems the killshot pursuits for those are on the old system for killshots. If anyone remembers the Warmaster pursuit before they fixed it it's basically the same way that used to work.
    Funny how they fixed the Warmaster, yet NEVER considered looking into other enemies that had pursuits tied to getting the kill shot.