+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: We Failed..

We Failed..

Ladies and Gents..

Today.. is officially a sad day. With more than 40 people around, we FAILED a DM Monolith Arkfall, by TIMING OUT.

This is an unacceptable situation.

This should not happen.. EVER.

Our problem was simple: We had too many new players that didn't know what they where doing. We had groups of people popping the ego boost poles with DM troops right next to them, getting entire areas of people wiped out. We had people shooting at motivators that where already gone (gray'd out). We had people rezzing in the middle of the artillery field and dying like flies on a bug zapper.

We, as experienced players.. need to start taking the F2P people that have just arrived and who WANT to learn (and yes, I've already ran into a few who don't) and we need to TEACH them. There is no arkfall in this game that is not beatable with proper knowledge.

To the new F2P people.. you know who you are *grins*.. listen to open/area/zone chat. Pay attention to what the experienced players are telling you and APPLY it. If you do, you will have a much better gaming experience in Defiance.

Consider this your PSA from PseudoCool for the day

not bad atleast you made it to the final part. took 22 minutes earlier on the xbox 360 na to finish the 5 shards which if people split up would take at most 8 minutes to do.
    GT: Dan0245
    Xbox One: North America

wow sounds funny

Quote Originally Posted by AmnesiaHaze View Post
    wow sounds funny
    I can assure your.. it was NOT funny. I had over a 220K score without the monolith dropping, and because it timed out, NO ONE got anything. I wouldn't call that funny, or fun, or worthwhile.

I'm rushing to get everything done before 360 goes F2P, I know it's going to be ****ing awful, especially considering how bad anything MP is on 360 in general. Considering how often it lags/crit errors I'm not convinced the servers can even handle the influx of people in the first place...

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoCool View Post
    Ladies and Gents..

Today.. is officially a sad day. With more than 40 people around, we FAILED a DM Monolith Arkfall, by TIMING OUT.

This is an unacceptable situation.

This should not happen.. EVER.

Our problem was simple: We had too many new players that didn't know what they where doing. We had groups of people popping the ego boost poles with DM troops right next to them, getting entire areas of people wiped out. We had people shooting at motivators that where already gone (gray'd out). We had people rezzing in the middle of the artillery field and dying like flies on a bug zapper.

We, as experienced players.. need to start taking the F2P people that have just arrived and who WANT to learn (and yes, I've already ran into a few who don't) and we need to TEACH them. There is no arkfall in this game that is not beatable with proper knowledge.

To the new F2P people.. you know who you are *grins*.. listen to open/area/zone chat. Pay attention to what the experienced players are telling you and APPLY it. If you do, you will have a much better gaming experience in Defiance.

Consider this your PSA from PseudoCool for the day
    One reason that damage text should be on by default. Perhaps then they will stop shooting at it in the air, or actually hit the spots that do damage when it is on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by tetiona View Post
    One reason that damage text should be on by default. Perhaps then they will stop shooting at it in the air, or actually hit the spots that do damage when it is on the ground.
    that patch might potentially break the game because of all the people starting to actually damage things.
    GT: Dan0245
    Xbox One: North America

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoCool View Post
    I can assure your.. it was NOT funny. I had over a 220K score without the monolith dropping, and because it timed out, NO ONE got anything. I wouldn't call that funny, or fun, or worthwhile.
    You still get key codes and ark forge for your score. I was there and had over 300k and received mine. You just get fewer of them because of no kill shot or completion bonus and, of course, you get no loot drops.

I suspected it would end in a fail when the group couldn't even expose a motivator on the Monolith's first landing. >^^<

dyunan.natsuu デュナン・ナッツ - PC NA

Quote Originally Posted by Deunan View Post
    You still get key codes and ark forge for your score. I was there and had over 300k and received mine. You just get fewer of them because of no kill shot or completion bonus and, of course, you get no loot drops.

I suspected it would end in a fail when the group couldn't even expose a motivator on the Monolith's first landing. >^^<
    Must have been bugged for the rewards then, because I didn't get anything at all, not even the pop up window at the end. Maybe you have a different perspective on how they could have done it differently, since you where at the one I was referring to. I'm sure the F2P-Newbies would like more than just my perspective.

O.o ye gods,i feel sorry for ya dude that something like that happened to you

even the first monolith holding arkfall i was at,i could tell immediatly what to do

but then again i am a deadspace fanatic,and that game is quite similar in terms of function to defiance,abit slower paced mind you but the mechanics are very similar...even down to the final boss battle on dead space three with the giant necromorph moon