+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Charge Blade jump attack is ineffective

I've been playing with the Charge Blade recently for fun and noticed that the Jump Attack isn't working correctly against shielded enemies, such as Dark Matter and 99ers. It takes down their shield and health, but they don't die, you can keep jumping and jumping and they'll soak it right up. The jump kills them while I have Blur active, but not when it's not. Anyone else experience this ?

Additionally the jump attack doesn't damage the following things :
    1. Explosive Barrels
    2. Hellbug Pheromone Secreters
    3. Munition Crates

Also this is unrelated to the jump attack, but melee kill Perks can be triggered by "Killing" an Explosive Barrel. So say if I need some extra Ablative Armor, or want to move faster, then I can just whack an Explosive Barrel with my Charge Blade and get them for a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by SethC View Post
    I've been playing with the Charge Blade recently for fun and noticed that the Jump Attack isn't working correctly against shielded enemies, such as Dark Matter and 99ers. It takes down their shield and health, but they don't die, you can keep jumping and jumping and they'll soak it right up. The jump kills them while I have Blur active, but not when it's not. Anyone else experience this ?

Additionally the jump attack doesn't damage the following things :
    1. Explosive Barrels
    2. Hellbug Pheromone Secreters

Also this is unrelated to the jump attack, but melee kill Perks can be triggered by "Killing" an Explosive Barrel. So say if I need some extra Ablative Armor, or want to move faster, then I can just whack an Explosive Barrel with my Charge Blade and get them for a few seconds.
    all kill perks can be triggered by destroying a barrel, not just the melee ones.

As for jump attacks, they always seem to work for me. Even on barrels and secreters.
    Support me in Extralife

Xbox Gt and Defiance Character (Na): Atticus Batman
    DEFIANCE CLAN: DAWN PATROL(forum page)

(Azrael Batman) Clan: Nuclear Elite (EU)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    That's because Batman is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOz View Post
    As usual Batman is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaQkarri View Post
    Because Batman is ALWAYS RIGHT!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper2662 View Post
    Batman is boss. He will never lose because he is the best. That's that. Oh yeeeah

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Batman View Post
    all kill perks can be triggered by destroying a barrel, not just the melee ones.

As for jump attacks, they always seem to work for me. Even on barrels and secreters.
    Weird so it's only me that the jump attack is acting wonky for ? I had assumed that other perks were being triggered by those barrels. What gives, is there a little person hiding in there or something ?

Female/Male char?

I know Tekrunner has spotted a few glitches with the female player model. Could be that thing influencing this thing but what do I know...

Quote Originally Posted by KasperSheitup View Post
    Female/Male char?

I know Tekrunner has spotted a few glitches with the female player model. Could be that thing influencing this thing but what do I know...
    I'm not sure, but I've captured the issue I'm currently facing. In the video below you'll see that I can only kill shielded enemies with the jump attack while Blur is active, otherwise they just soak up my damage. I also show that the barrels don't get damaged by the jump attack either. (except when the smelter blows it up)

This is actually a problem if I'm trying to jump into a mob of shielded enemies that are at low health, because it wont have any chance of killing them unless Blur is active.

Quote Originally Posted by KasperSheitup View Post
    Female/Male char?

Possible since their character is female and mine is male, or it could just be a glitch that I have been lucky enough to avoid so far.
    Support me in Extralife

Batman is boss. He will never lose because he is the best. That's that. Oh yeeeah

That is completely weird. I have no issues with jump attacks either but my character is also male, I do not have the Chimera Fang, and I am on the PC.

The one thing I can say is does this happen with other swords or just the Fang? Did you try un-equipping and then re-equipping?
    Other than that. All I can say is file a bug report, if you can upload this video to Trion do so, and post in the Bugs in this Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Logain View Post
    That is completely weird. I have no issues with jump attacks either but my character is also male, I do not have the Chimera Fang, and I am on the PC.

The one thing I can say is does this happen with other swords or just the Fang? Did you try un-equipping and then re-equipping?
    Other than that. All I can say is file a bug report, if you can upload this video to Trion do so, and post in the Bugs in this Forum.
    Wow I didn't notice the Fang equipped. I have it but prefer the Katana so I can make use of the unity syn. Guess I might have to try the Fang to see if I notice the issue with it. Thorne arenas here I come, with a double blade loadout just to swap and test on both!
    Support me in Extralife

Good Idea Logain,

I went and tested the Shanjifyo and Amakuni blades, but I was met with the same results as in the video I posted. Those shields have an Iron defense against my jumps.

Let me know your result, Bats.

I am experiencing the same issue on PS3. Even if I have to jump to reach an enemy, I will wait to land because jump damage does nothing but trigger the GCD.

Female toon.