+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What is the Darth Vader breathing about?

It happens all over the map now. Used to be confined to San Francisco but was chilling at Bloodbath Turnout and in the background you can hear what sounds like Darth Vader breathing....

Is this something plot / game related we don't know about yet?

It's not the Ark Hunter's breathing..... The Ark Hunter is a relatively mute character.

Anyone have any ideas?

Most likely your voice chat is turned on for area and you are picking up someone breathing? At least I hope that is the case, hehe.

This might help.

If you have Area Chat on then it might be someone breathing. Other than that I can't really say....
    GT: FTG Griffix
    Xbox Characters: Naomi Ryder and Denri Talak
    Clan: Dawn Patrol

PTS: Griffix
    PTS Characters: Naomi Ryder and Sage Winters

"It's coming from with in your house. Muwhaaaaaaa" LOL

I always wonder about this "breathing like sound" in sf too. Didnt ear it in other part though (except bloodbath but it seems fainter)

Hypothesis : its the breathing of some votan flora that appear after the terraforming
    Ig : Oswin_Oswald (5799)
    Clan : ---

I guess the mouth breathers hang out in San Fran mostly, not sure what has changed with the in game voice chat since I took a break. But it was pretty bad before, I just turned it off.

This sound has nothing to do with in game voice chat, its really background/environemental noise.
    Ig : Oswin_Oswald (5799)
    Clan : ---

I have never heard anyone at all on the in game voice chat. Everyone seems to use Ventrillo or Mumble or other apps..... Why doesn't anyone use the in game voice chat? Is it really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatelover67 View Post
    I have never heard anyone at all on the in game voice chat. Everyone seems to use Ventrillo or Mumble or other apps..... Why doesn't anyone use the in game voice chat? Is it really that bad?
    I know during test, it was HORRIBLE.. and caused a lot of lag. It also didn't have a PTT feature, so it was always on and you heard everything in someones house.. from their kids screaming to the dog barking to their significant other complaining. It's one game feature I've NEVER turned on since launch.

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoCool View Post
    It's one game feature I've NEVER turned on since launch.
    It's one feature in Defiance that is a legacy from instanced console games that is unsuited to an open world MMO.
    Defiance Data the community resource site, Databases, Tools, Guides and News