+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Devs ! Why not making the Openwold PVP like the freeroam from red dead redemption ?

I think the shadowwar kinda thing is Okish but iam really disapointed , i was hopping to have a TRUE openwold PVP where all the wold is open to us and where we can do PVE mission with PVP clan mercenarys bandits cherif elements into it , i could have been way better than just having a standard shadowwar multiplayers with maps randomisation

I would like to have a 100 % PVP /PVE wold so guild could figth for the arkfall for the loots or cooperate with trahison and backstabing and really fun elements thats can happen it a true sandbox PVE/PVP like eve online

Please devs make this happen , i would like players to write history not a multiplayer mode with time limites ...

I would like to see this kind of buttlefly effect into defiance

I don't like being forced into PvP or forced into competitive PvP. I don't think it's fair. I like the idea that if one day I want to do it, I can, and if another I just want to introduce a player to the game, I can without the fear of being snipped from 500 yards away. Introducing new players to a game where they are trying to learn the ropes and they stumble upon a huge pvp battle isn't all that cool. They spend the next three hours gaining nothing, and losing interest, especially if they are under leveled.

I kindly disagree. I'm not much of a PVP person in these kind of games. Hated trying to quest in WoW while some lvl 85 Rogue in PVP gear rapes me over & over.
    I used to be an eager Ark Hunter like you, then i took a "soon" to the ear.

yes because all of us LOVE being shot in the back for the 1000th time when just trying to do missions.

besides red dead wasnt really a true open world pvp, for a start the maps were lobbied and only held 16 players. so it was more like a giant arena. without the score boards, or objectives.

as for eve as much as i enjoyed my years on eve, they can stay on eve. true it made for some hughly dynamic game play, but it made doing anything else painful.

this game is built around coop. humanity and alien coming togther to survive. how would open world pvp really fit with those ideals?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyren3402 View Post
    I don't like being forced into PvP or forced into competitive PvP. I don't think it's fair. I like the idea that if one day I want to do it, I can, and if another I just want to introduce a player to the game, I can without the fear of being snipped from 500 yards away. Introducing new players to a game where they are trying to learn the ropes and they stumble upon a huge pvp battle isn't all that cool. They spend the next three hours gaining nothing, and losing interest, especially if they are under leveled.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Phoenix View Post
    yes because all of us LOVE being shot in the back for the 1000th time when just trying to do missions.

besides red dead wasnt really a true open world pvp, for a start the maps were lobbied and only held 16 players. so it was more like a giant arena. without the score boards, or objectives.

as for eve as much as i enjoyed my years on eve, they can stay on eve. true it made for some hughly dynamic game play, but it made doing anything else painful.

this game is built around coop. humanity and alien coming togther to survive. how would open world pvp really fit with those ideals?
    there will be PVE only servers for those who dont want PVP and PVP/PVE servers for more advanced or hardcore players

I do not ask for all servers to be openwold PVP but having some could be awesome

Figting real players bandits to get the ressources of the arkfall having real meaning to a dead etc.. having factions forming inside the servers etc.. could be amasing

Quote Originally Posted by Stew360 View Post
    there will be PVE only servers for those who dont want PVP and PVP/PVE servers for more advanced or hardcore players

I do not ask for all servers to be openwold PVP but having some could be awesome

Figting real players bandits to get the ressources of the arkfall having real meaning to a dead etc.. having factions forming inside the servers etc.. could be amasing
    Now this would be alright with me.
    I used to be an eager Ark Hunter like you, then i took a "soon" to the ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaricane View Post
    Now this would be alright with me.
    Its like in EVE online you have ( highsec ) PVE only ( Low sec ) PVE PVP ( nullsec ) PVP only the same systhem could be aply to servers

So everyones can find something to their taste , but iam sure the DAYZ like players also the EVE online players who like shooter as well Will definitly run into this game is their is a true Openwold PVE/PVP servers

And the high risk high reward create another dimension for advanced players who want to experience something more chalenging and will also help us to build out own history whithin the game /tvshow

Quote Originally Posted by Stew360 View Post

well cant argue with that tbh freedom of choice and all that.

my only concern would be spilting the population. this would make for quieter servers = more frustration = more quitting etc etc etc. not suggesting this to be a huge reason but just a thought

im all for the pvp game modes and would like to see the entire map sat as pvp when doing missions or co-op, I understand lots of people dont like this but couldn't you make it so you had the option. If you opt to only play pve then you cant effect a pvp player and vice vers. Make player name tag red if they are a threat.
    http://www.keqonline.com/
    http://forums.keqonline.com/index.php
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome
    STAND TOGETHER OR DIE ALONE

[KEQ] DEFIANCE DIVISION LEADER