+ Reply to Thread

Need an increasing cooldown for vehicles to avoid spam during incursions

I've noticed lately people will spam their vehicles all over the place during incursions.

I think they believe that will keep the node from being attacked by the invaders. Even if that's the case, this isn't something we need to have in the game (in the matter of exploits) simply because it's annoying and causes some issues with environmental awareness during the fights.

I think this is resolvable with an increasing cooldown each time a vehicle is spawned but not driven more than a set number of feet from (even if the owner gets in and out, for example).

Just to make it especially therapeutic maybe making the third time come with a nice 20 minute cooldown. Maybe hoofing it a bit might make them think twice.

Just my thoughts.
    Me on Steam: Here

Very nice well thought out and articulated first post.

Welcome aboard.

Absolutely love the forum name.

Good luck with the suggestions.
    1.05 shotgun mag boost? REALLY?
    PC/NA&EU, too many toons to list.
    "If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."- Jayne Cobb.
    "Daredevil"

I remember this was one of those well discussed problems when the game first launched--back then it was Arkfalls. Players gave it a ton of attention, because it's visually annoying. Some people just like to run over stuff and perhaps don't realize or care. Plus, there's a pursuit for killing stuff and vehicle perks. On top of that, I know better and still drive too far sometimes (on PC the keyboard/mouse combo is not the best for a vehicle seemingly designed around contorllers).

I don't see it getting changed.

didnt have this problem when i was playing
    i decided to tefresh my signature we have to walk along with time
    in game star : BLAMING TRION (nickname was changed i was CRIMEFIGHTER USER befre trion made mk2 patch sleep tight in grave cf ( it does not means i will not use it it means its imposible to farm cf ))
    clan name due to respect ( whats left of it ) to trion ill not post it in forum how ever if anyone dares to be brave to bring around our clan name we always culd use some fresh meat

Quote Originally Posted by Roez View Post
    I remember this was one of those well discussed problems when the game first launched--back then it was Arkfalls. Players gave it a ton of attention, because it's visually annoying. Some people just like to run over stuff and perhaps don't realize or care. Plus, there's a pursuit for killing stuff and vehicle perks. On top of that, I know better and still drive too far sometimes (on PC the keyboard/mouse combo is not the best for a vehicle seemingly designed around contorllers).

I don't see it getting changed.
    Those were the days...

Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    Ender Xenocide aka Justifiable187 aka one of the greatest ark hunters ever

other then spawning the cars to troll. it is also somewhere once said that spawning ur car it can be used as a shield to take fire from enamys. maybe some of the people spawning there cars are useing them as shields ? i know this can be used in shadow wars as a way to give ur self cover. in a tight spot. and it can also be used in some volge battles to stem the tide and give u a moment to regen shield if u need to.

that video is a perf example of why the raptor truck didn't come with a working turret,, I rem this was bad in alpha - beta, we even said something about the truck from the missions, ppl was using them back them to kill things during the arkfalls, the truck back then, couldn't be destroyed..

think what finally got out point across to trion was when everyone, even those who got sick of this, all started using there vehicles to do this exact thing, sending tons of ppl to the forums to complain, finally there was a fix for this, but it came with a nerf to vehicles....

sucked some cause the atvs after this nerf could hit like 2 skitterlings and would blow up,,,

still to this day the raptor needs a turret. >.> yet that idea falls on deaf ears. and still alot of people want it. why have the turret spot if theres no turret. or u cant use ur gun from it. atleast alow us to fire our own weapons from the turret spot o.o but anyway back on topic.

i still beleave what the op is talking about is not the driveing over things i think hes talking about random people just spawning in there cares for no reason during the incursions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Overlord View Post
    I've noticed lately people will spam their vehicles all over the place during incursions.

I think they believe that will keep the node from being attacked by the invaders. Even if that's the case, this isn't something we need to have in the game (in the matter of exploits) simply because it's annoying and causes some issues with environmental awareness during the fights.

I think this is resolvable with an increasing cooldown each time a vehicle is spawned but not driven more than a set number of feet from (even if the owner gets in and out, for example).

Just to make it especially therapeutic maybe making the third time come with a nice 20 minute cooldown. Maybe hoofing it a bit might make them think twice.

Just my thoughts.
    Welcome to the forum and let me say that some people do that so they can spawn bugs faster and constantly. If they hit another player car with an infector , it will spawn bugs, that way when enemies appear in the spawn points, they are immediately attacked by the bugs.
    At least that`s what some people used to do in the old days.

Some just go against the shyntetizer with the cars because it`s the best way to get out of the cars, at least on PS3 it`s the best way, just collide against something.
    I normally chose to collide against a fence or a rock, but to each is own.

If another person spawns their car, it has hitpoints so you can destroy it. Some have friends spawn a car then use an infector to fill it with bugs so it gets destroyed and lots of hatchlings run around to attack stuff and get the infector user more lazyboy points.
    Support me in Extralife

Xbox Gt and Defiance Character (Na): Atticus Batman
    DEFIANCE CLAN: DAWN PATROL(forum page)

(Azrael Batman) Clan: Nuclear Elite (EU)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    That's because Batman is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOz View Post
    As usual Batman is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaQkarri View Post
    Because Batman is ALWAYS RIGHT!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper2662 View Post
    Batman is boss. He will never lose because he is the best. That's that. Oh yeeeah