+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Episode 3 discussion - The Cord and the Ax (Spoliers)

So we got our first glimpse of the Kaziri ship (maybe that was it) in some weird flash back scene showing Irisa and some other Irath dude talking about being ahead of the Votan Ark Fleet by 3000 years.

The ship was weird looking and had humanoid figures/guessing Votans in Pods. So what that whole thing was about is still up in the air.

As it turns out Irisa hasn't been murdering anyone but rather bonding/infecting select others with the Kelavar. And the reason behind the selection of people who have been targeted is totally unclear.

Datak is out of prison but only so to assist Doc Yewll as her muscle. And are both under of Pottinger's heel big time.

Its only amount of time before Datak snaps. He had no problem and didn't think twice before killing Colonel Marsh. He had no problem with trying to drown his wife. Datak will play the part as a asset for Pottinger but will no doubt revolt in a big way. He is just to crazy and he is not going to change now.

The same can be said with Doc Yewll. Keep in mind before she was just some town Doctor she was keen and calculating mind for the Votan during the Pale Wars that has giving her a big track record. She killed former Mayor Nikki and covered it up to the point that Nolan didn't even know it was a homicide (Fooling Nolan is pretty big because thus far that is the only time throughout the seasons Nolan didn't track or figure out a problem at hand). And Doc Yewll was pretty much the main reason of wiping out a whole Volge army in Episode 1 Season 1. She's pretty bad *** in her own way and not a push over. She is not going to conform to Pottinger in allowing him get anywhere close to the Kaziri, she hasn't let anyone before I don't see her doing it now.

Liberata females. Lulz. Dataks hooooooome XD
    360 NA GT X Alastar X IGN Alastar Crowley & RobinDeeBanks
    Sugar House Gang

And din't forget the Grid. When the Grid showed up in Paradise, it was right after Irisa killed that Casti woman in Angel Arc ( nearby to Paradise ), and now in this episode, we see her alive, and infecting another Casti with the tendrils, much like anyone who's fought the Grid can attest they do to the Raiders and the 99ers, and whoever else they "convert" to the cause.

I mean, sure, the processes look a bit different, but so do Charge Blades between the show and game. Irisa's Patient Zero, and the Grid are her infection.

Interesting episode, and I am looking forward to seeing how more of the overarching storyline crosses over.

I am glad to see Sukar is back, though I am disappointed on how they glossed over his exact return (the nanites went dormant when the threat was over in Season 1). I am also looking forward to Rynn making an appearance in Season 2 as well.

Perhaps it is just me, but I thought the "secret" of the Kaziri would be quite obvious - it was the scout ship sent to begin terraforming Earth - except there was a slight miscalculation in that the Earth already had life when it arrived.

          

Quote Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
    Interesting episode, and I am looking forward to seeing how more of the overarching storyline crosses over.

I am glad to see Sukar is back, though I am disappointed on how they glossed over his exact return (the nanites went dormant when the threat was over in Season 1). I am also looking forward to Rynn making an appearance in Season 2 as well.

Perhaps it is just me, but I thought the "secret" of the Kaziri would be quite obvious - it was the scout ship sent to begin terraforming Earth - except there was a slight miscalculation in that the Earth already had life when it arrived.
    And now, it's making the Grid. Toward what purpose, I'm not sure, but we'll see.

I don't know how the Grid will turn out. Before they were called the Grid they were called Modunauts. And they were made out as 'defensives mechs for the Ark Ships'. Im guessing their purpose was to defend the Arks and the Votan inhabitants as they slept though their journey to Earth. I think that the Grid will still hold this concept but will be malfunctioned causing them to go rouge or are under the control of the Kaziri.

Personally I don't think what Irisa is doing is the cause of the Grid. It could be though, idk.

Thus far in the game all we seen are Volge Ark Breaks that crash. I think normal Ark Breaks will make its way into the game. The interior for those would be that of what we seen in Gun Slinger Ark Crash trial and these Arks will have the Grid inside.

My only question this week was "What is the title referencing?" I couldn't find it on Google anywhere.
    It's a cold, and it's a broken Hallelujah.

Leader (and mostly the only member) of the Arkangel Corps

Uh-oh I guess we're in for an invasion of the body snatchers story this season

Good conversation. We are covering the episodes on our Aftermath Monday shows. Feel free to participate with us on K-TAM.