+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Extraction During War Master Waste of Time.

You know what really grinds my gears? Extractions during War Masters, here I am trying to help my fellow Ark Hunters by taking time out of my busy shooting the War Master in the face schedule and poof you extract. How about we lock the two trapped doors after the War Master is released so if you're stupid enough to extract you get locked out, just like in any other raid, if you die and extract/respawn etc. you are locked out of the fight until is is over of failed. You have a timer before extraction for a reason. Use it, or pay the price of sitting out and waiting till its over.

When this instance first started over six months ago it was the general belief that stopping from shooting to help someone was a waste of time when you should be killing the WM , The more people laying on the floor the less damage being done. Alot of people still go by that belief but there are also those who dont want to extract because of the possibility of the 5 min loading screen. This is still something that everyone cannot agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by ryleb89 View Post
    You know what really grinds my gears? Extractions during War Masters, here I am trying to help my fellow Ark Hunters by taking time out of my busy shooting the War Master in the face schedule and poof you extract. How about we lock the two trapped doors after the War Master is released so if you're stupid enough to extract you get locked out, just like in any other raid, if you die and extract/respawn etc. you are locked out of the fight until is is over of failed. You have a timer before extraction for a reason. Use it, or pay the price of sitting out and waiting till its over.
    You must not do a lot of damage. This fight is a timed DPS race. If you want revives, do it upstairs during trash or go fight a Dark Matter Monolith.

floor crawling is a waste of resources. If you came in thinking you weren't lagging enough to dc then you should be extracting. so the dps can be kept up and not lessened by floor crawlers. this used to be the only practice when the leader board was based on damage and not score. When the score board was implemented is when ppl stopped extracting because of the score penalty and thus why we ended up with an abundance of floor crawlers. If you don't immediately extract, it's been more than 5 secs, and nobodies reviving you your finger should be holding the X button down
    IGN: Severous 5881, Txxx McGee 1135, JJ Fad 743
    PSN:MadMatt-a-tat-ta
    Insomniac Hunters

On the PC servers there's nothing to debate. If you don't self-revive or immediately extract you're not using proper tactics. If you're attempting to revive players you're not using proper tactics.

When you stop to revive a player the group DPS drops. Contrary to the false assertions of players that advocate reviving, it does not just take a few seconds away from damaging the Warmaster. The revive itself takes a few seconds but you immediately abandon target acquisition, take additional time to move to the player and even more time to reacquire your target which may be on the other side of the chamber by then. This is all assuming you don't die during the attempt, something that happens all too often and can start creating a domino effect. That's hundreds of thousands of points in lost damage.

If you don't spend time reviving a player and the player extracts immediately then you keep that lost damage but on top of that the downed player minimizes their lost damage by not crawling around wasting time looking for a revive. Long reload times may be an issue on the other servers but on the PC servers extraction occurs in seconds (less time than a revive takes) and the player can make up for lost damage by restocking ammo on the way down and by immediately taking advantage of their ability to use Overcharge and lay down a spike, which are fully recharged due to the extraction.

dyunan.natsuu デュナン・ナッツ - PC NA

Reviving not only doubles the amount of players dealing no damage, but also increases the chances for more people getting downed. None of these increases odds for success.
    Preventing rez rushing -read extracting and returning to the fight- will turn party wipe into the most common cause for WM failure. Timers already dramatically reduced chances for random groups, what you're advocating will drop them down to virtually zero.
    PC EU 5.666 [Blood Oath Brotherhood] -Revived
    PC NA 5.556 [Death on Wheels] on hold
    Does not play Defiance at the moment, forums are way more entertaining

Could stubbornness prolong life, then I'd be immortal

Crawling around for a minute waiting for the extraction timer to run out is what the OP is advocating? In a 6 minute fight where DPS is king?

LOL

Good stuff.
    LF: Respark Energizer ARK, 7th Legion Gashima Unity Synergy, Double DMG & EGO on Reload

Quote Originally Posted by bigguy View Post
    When this instance first started over six months ago it was the general belief that stopping from shooting to help someone was a waste of time when you should be killing the WM , The more people laying on the floor the less damage being done. Alot of people still go by that belief but there are also those who dont want to extract because of the possibility of the 5 min loading screen. This is still something that everyone cannot agree on.
    Platforms are a good point and distinction to make. I can see on consoles especially the PS3 reviving others might be a good idea. On the PC extracting is the better option.
    EGO - 5900
    PC-NA Character Name - Dod, Account Name - ironcladtrash

Quote Originally Posted by ironcladtrash View Post
    Platforms are a good point and distinction to make. I can see on consoles especially the PS3 reviving others might be a good idea. On the PC extracting is the better option.
    Nah, even on PS3 reviving is a bad proposition. The only proper way to enter a WM is on a fresh connection on the PS3 in which case extraction will be just fine - otherwise just be a general badass and don't get downed - an extraction on a not-so-fresh PS3 connection is a 50/50 proposition, maybe 60/40 if it's just a little not-so-fresh.

PC & X-Box ever get that not-so-fresh connection feeling? LOL
    LF: Respark Energizer ARK, 7th Legion Gashima Unity Synergy, Double DMG & EGO on Reload

If you Extract you should not be allowed back down to fight that is not how raids are supposed to work, I have fought tougher mobs with fewer people, reviving is part of the process, yes it may slow down the DPS but it can easily be made up, extracting on consoles takes just as being revived majority of the time. The fact that you can extract in the middle of a battle and come back perfectly healthy is absolute rubbish and should not be happening that is not how raids should be setup. You die you should be locked out, no ifs ands or buts about it.