+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    My post was mostly to encourage the discussion of the positive and negative points of allowing us to spawn emergencies that we want and need.

It is a good point that an Ark Spike might be too valuable in some peoples eyes to use, and I didn't want to put the idea out for a new currency. Having it tied to Salvage (like with upgrading turrets) or just Scrip might be another option.

There is also a point about allowing us to spawn emergencies takes away some of the "chase", to be fair I found searching for this to be time consuming and frustrating instead of just "longer and more fulfilling".
    Defiance Data the community resource site, Databases, Tools, Guides and News

Quote Originally Posted by Etaew View Post
    It is a good point that an Ark Spike might be too valuable in some peoples eyes to use, and I didn't want to put the idea out for a new currency. Having it tied to Salvage (like with upgrading turrets) or just Scrip might be another option
    Ark Spikes are basically just Scrip in another form so no problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by hawke View Post
    Are you joking? This isnt about hardcore or casual. This is about wasting too much time doin something easy because of the low RNG. Unlike something that require experience like WM, this is just a waste of time for people who have limited play time. Just because you have a whole day running around searching for it doesnt make you a hardcore gamer.
    No I am not. If you want to complete Pursuits invest some time. I never wanted just 500 Sniper kills instead of 5000 because it is also no fun and just a waste of time. This is the same thing. You want 5 EGO invest the time to get them. You can't you don't get what players who invest more time willl get. You don't seem to understand. Also: Did I claim I was hardcore?

Quote Originally Posted by 4ndreas View Post
    No I am not. If you want to complete Pursuits invest some time. I never wanted just 500 Sniper kills instead of 5000 because it is also no fun and just a waste of time. This is the same thing. You want 5 EGO invest the time to get them. You can't you don't get what players who invest more time willl get. You don't seem to understand. Also: Did I claim I was hardcore?
    Agreed that you'll have to invest time into it. But pursuits like 5k sniper kills or 50k kills require you to work for it and whether or not it is completed depends on you. While this pursuit gives 5 points, but it's entirely depends on luck and ingame RNG.

If a lucky person happen to stumble upon the emergency, he'll get the achievement easy. While if you're unlucky, you'll never come across any. I happen to be driving around and accidentally hit 2 restless dead and I got the credit for it. Is that hard work? I think not. While my friend actually spent hours and hours hunting it and still havent got 1. Is that hard work? Yes it is, but he still didnt get it. I dont think that's fair. Other pursuits only require you to put time and effort into it. It's not a matter of luck, if you work for them, you can earn them. I think you're confused between hardwork and luck.

Also: You used the term "hard searching players". Please do explain more about it, cuz if you dont, I automatically assume you're talking about hardcore players. Is there even a term called "hard searching players"?

IGN: Escalius
    Ego: 55xx
    Server: PC/NA

Buying thread!

Also, how about instead of calling down an emergency, you can search for the emergency you need on the map? For example, they can add a bulletin board that list the emergencies that need to be dealt with. If you like any of them, you can take the contract and go to the location.
    Maybe like a quest system, but instead of objective spawn on quest acceptance, the quest will spawn base on the existed emergencies on the map.
    Doin that should be more immersive, since why wouldnt a NPC phone for help when they're attacked on the road?

IGN: Escalius
    Ego: 55xx
    Server: PC/NA

Buying thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Etaew View Post
    So finding the Restless Dead emergency has been a pain.

So we have arkbreaks that we can call down, let's have some non random ability with emergencies.

- Placing an arkspike at an emergency location
    - Can select left / right different emergencies
    This is one of those I am not sure on. I liked the recent troubles with getting the emergencies for the pursuits. I saw people helping out and calling locations of them and grouping up just to tackle them together.

You also have to take into account that Ark Spikes are only available for those who own the Arkbreak DLC.
    So you would be limiting the access to those emergencies to DLC owners only.

The proper way to fix this is by fixing the RNG, so those emergencies are spawn more frequently.

PC NA: Ivan Danko - Danko's Weapon Shop

If Trion would just set the emergency system up to have new one get spawning priority, it probably wouldn't be an issue.

But you have one emergency fighting against who knows how many others for a spawn point.
    The more they add, the harder it's going to be to do those types of pursuits.