+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tarr Family reputation pursuit?

Anyone else missing this pursuit suddenly? I still have the daily and weekly contracts, but when I grabbed todays box of records I noticed the pursuit didn't update for five days. Went to look at it, and now it only shows Defiant Few listed under season 2 reputation.

There hasn't been a Tarr family rep pursuit, just Defiant Few. There are Contracts for both, but not pursuits for both.

the defiant few vendor has weapons,outfits,the standard type set of items for a faction

the tarr family vendor has 2 vehicles and a title

i spent afew nights pondering this logically,and then watched episode 5

at the end of it roughly,datak mentions to mccully guy about getting heavy weapons or something fro mthe votanis collective to "Take back this town"

logic would suggest that they will add weapons and outfits to the tarr family vendor,along with the aforementioned pursuit,when the relevant "votanis collective weapon fueled rebellion" commences

there was also an episode in season one where nolan busted what he thought was an illegal arms smuggling ring,only to found out that i nthe absense of the stasis net,the town council had made a deal with the votanis collective for "heavy weapons"

so there is lore basis,and now a much more recent lore suggestion

finally killed warmaster once,7/13/2014,twice on 7/15/2014,again on 9/8/2014

Quote Originally Posted by PhantasieTrion View Post
    Hi Moof........
    [*]We gave out the Defiant Few Recon Gear Outfit for free via a code.[*]Once that code expires for all regions, we will enable both the outfit and the helmet on the Defiant Few Vendor in game. (just like how we tested that event on PTS several weeks ago).

--Phantasie
    i did it for us!i did it!

PC NA - GunDownGrace - Cronus

Frankly, we don't even need the lore to tell us that we SHOULD have a pursuit, since every single other faction has one. But for whatever reason, they did not add a Tarr family pursuit. So, the original poster was incorrect in believing that there was a pursuit that disappeared. There never was one.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanpbutler View Post
    Frankly, we don't even need the lore to tell us that we SHOULD have a pursuit, since every single other faction has one. But for whatever reason, they did not add a Tarr family pursuit. So, the original poster was incorrect in believing that there was a pursuit that disappeared. There never was one.
    you put it better than i did

see what i mean though?all the normal faction stuff save for a couple placeholders is missing from the tarr family faction,like you said "we dont even need lore to tell us" that we will get the stuff once the show gets to the right point

finally killed warmaster once,7/13/2014,twice on 7/15/2014,again on 9/8/2014

Quote Originally Posted by PhantasieTrion View Post
    Hi Moof........
    [*]We gave out the Defiant Few Recon Gear Outfit for free via a code.[*]Once that code expires for all regions, we will enable both the outfit and the helmet on the Defiant Few Vendor in game. (just like how we tested that event on PTS several weeks ago).

--Phantasie
    i did it for us!i did it!

PC NA - GunDownGrace - Cronus

@_@

Not exactly the response I was expecting. I have always been a bit OCD over the episode pursuits, thanks to how they used to change and vanish when season one content first started being added. It drove me nuts to finish a pursuit, and then have it removed from the list the next week.

Not sure I am crazy enough to imagine my screen saying 0/2 reputations complete yesterday, and 0/1 today. It's a little more than "lol oops" considering I was comparing the cost to buy 3 items from each vendor, and telling myself the Tarr pursuit would take longer since the items are more expensive. It had the exact same reqs as defiant few, but no flashy reward like the challenger in DF's pursuit... Which I thought was odd.

I must be crazy though, cause pursuits have never actually vanished before... And Trion's coding is rock solid. It would be impossible for it to be a glitch.

What platform are you on?

I got on immediately after the new content was added, and have been diligently hitting pursuits and tracking what I do and don't have. I can say with certainty that there was never a Tarr Family rep pursuit on PS3. That should be the case for all platforms, since they don't tend to have different pursuits, and there were people on the forums almost immediately discussing how Defiant Few got a pursuit but Tarr didn't.

I suppose it's possible that if you were on a different platform and perhaps extremely early for the update, that there may have been a pursuit added that was immediately removed, but that's rather unlikely.

I have pc and ps3 both. Digital versions of each. I was playing on ps3 when I was comparing them. When I noticed it was gone, I asked in zone if anyone else was missing it and the only person who responded said it was still IN their list. I came here, browsed both bugs and general, saw no posts about it and created this thread. 40 people read it without responding (or disputing it WAS there) before I gave up, patched my PC version and looked for it there. After seeing it was not listed on PC, I decided to just accept it wasn't there for now, probably because of the glitch with the contracts giving out OJ shields or some such reason as to why Trion would turn it off.

All in all, I would say it's a remarkably elaborate delusion. I don't doubt YOU at all, when you say it was never in your list or the lists of other forum users. As you can see from my post count, I don't spend a large amount of time here on the forums unless I am just lurking and reading. I am gonna stick with believing my own eyes for now, however. Until the men with the white hats lead me back into my quiet room with padded walls. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    I must be crazy though, cause pursuits have never actually vanished before... And Trion's coding is rock solid. It would be impossible for it to be a glitch.

I'll go for it ...: Which ones have actually disappeared because of bugs or vanished (not actively removed)?

is the only way to get faction points by doing the tarr crates/ and mark of the defiant?