+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is it even possible for the devs to do this?

I know i've mentioned it in a couple threads but, is it possible for the devs to apply certain coding that would kick in and activate during pvp specific or pve specific situations?

Example: Lets take a pistol. Lets say, against a mob it does 100% of the damage it's supposed to do, but to a player, it does around 80% or whatever.

I'm really not sure how to word this ._.
    IGN: Terrato137 (2057), Clyr (1082)
    PSN: Terrato37

I really dont think they can. If they could and have continued to nerf PvE gear out laziness that would be sad.

I don't know if this dev team can do it but bifurcated damage rules for PvE and PvP have always been possible in MMO's. Good MMO's use them as a balancing mechanic instead of nerfing weapons for PvE.

dyunan.natsuu デュナン・ナッツ - PC NA

Quote Originally Posted by Deunan View Post
    I don't know if this dev team can do it but bifurcated damage rules for PvE and PvP have always been possible in MMO's. Good MMO's use them as a balancing mechanic instead of nerfing weapons for PvE.
    I know, that's why I was mentioning this. It just seems odd that they haven't done anything such as this. Why change something for both when you only need something changed for pve only or pvp only?
    IGN: Terrato137 (2057), Clyr (1082)
    PSN: Terrato37

Quote Originally Posted by Terrato137 View Post
    I know, that's why I was mentioning this. It just seems odd that they haven't done anything such as this. Why change something for both when you only need something changed for pve only or pvp only?
    It's possible the original dev team didn't include separate pvp/pve weapons stats or even a global damage modifier for pvp. Unfortunately the current team don't have any programmers, so that is where we are.

I am surprised that they nerf weapons based solely on PvP feedback but completely ignore PvP in all other areas.
    That being said my guess is not to expect differences for the forseeable future.

Good mmo's don't need reduced damage values for pvp. Don't have over inflated numbers that mean nothing in pve and you won't need to reduce them for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by mcal9909 View Post
    Good mmo's don't need reduced damage values for pvp. Don't have over inflated numbers that mean nothing in pve and you won't need to reduce them for pvp.
    Meh, people want to feel godlike because they see da big numbarz.
    PC EU 5.666 [Blood Oath Brotherhood] -Revived
    PC NA 5.556 [Death on Wheels] on hold
    Does not play Defiance at the moment, forums are way more entertaining

Could stubbornness prolong life, then I'd be immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 4ndreas View Post
    I am surprised that they nerf weapons based solely on PvP feedback but completely ignore PvP in all other areas.
    That being said my guess is not to expect differences for the forseeable future.
    The nerf of Bloodhound wasn't solely because of PvP, although it was needed for pvp. However Trion stated that the skill of aiming should be rewarded and that the bloodhound was going straight towards their own goals, hence the range got reduced. The nerf of fire rate is a mystery to me tho. Reload speed and critt recutions were unintended and will get reverted back
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Shakk10k

Keeping gear as close to your own ego rating and why it is important
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ow-EGO-players!

Wich gunmodels you should look after when gearing up for pvp.
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...viable-for-PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Shakk View Post
    The nerf of fire rate is a mystery to me tho.
    "The rate of fire changes help fix the damage issue as well as the massive amount of screenshake these weapons were causing in groups." (Rarnok)

The annoying visual effects did need fixing, I guess reducing rof was the quickest way.