Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Community Q&A Collection Thread

I'm going to alter the way I collect questions for the moment. For visibility and conversation sake I want to make weekly collection threads again, but maintain the sticky master thread list.

Kiwi has done some great work addressing some of the backlog of questions and that trend should continue. However I need fresher content.

So please feel free to ask any questions based on the current state of the game or recent patches.
    Defiance Data the community resource site, Databases, Tools, Guides and News

Can we expect longer term PTS usage again (not just for hot/notfixes)? The Defiant Few weapon disaster could have been avoided easily by doing this unless you have content NDAs which prevent this (if so just say it).

Among those I'd like to have are :

- immediate list refresh when breaking down claimables
    - tagging multiple items for breakdown in claimables
    - ability to sell items directly from claimables, coupled with multiple selection.
    - appliable rarity filter to mass-sell feature.
    - fixing disconnections when mass-selling/breaking down items in large quantities.
    PC EU 5.666 [Blood Oath Brotherhood] -Revived
    PC NA 5.556 [Death on Wheels] on hold
    Does not play Defiance at the moment, forums are way more entertaining

Could stubbornness prolong life, then I'd be immortal

Can we get some sort of grace period to log back in, and be placed on the same shard, so we are not dumped onto another shard when we are doing incursions, sieges, or akrfalls?

Can we get an option to disable middle-mouse button swapping weapons? For mice with hyper scroll wheels it is really easy to swap weapons by accident.

Platform: PC | Server: NA | Clan: none
    Toons: Aellura (EGO 5551) | Zhedda (EGO 600+)

I skimmed over the questions you have listed already and didn't see this one amongst them. If I missed it in the list, please forgive my aged eyes!

-Are there plans to adapt the Favorites system to include Outfits, Headgear, Titles, and Vehicles? Some of us have very long lists of goodies in each of those and I think it would be quite helpful to be able to select favorites as we do with the rest of our gear.

Side note: Etaew, you are a trooper! I know many of us truly appreciate the work you do and it isn't voiced nearly enough!
    PC NA characters: Market & Yanna Walkingbear
    XBox NA character retired.

PTS Reviews on Defiance Data!

"You must understand, young Hobbit, it takes a long time to say anything in Old Entish. And we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say."

Quote Originally Posted by Market View Post
    -Are there plans to adapt the Favorites system to include Outfits, Headgear, Titles, and Vehicles? Some of us have very long lists of goodies in each of those and I think it would be quite helpful to be able to select favorites as we do with the rest of our gear.
    Thanks, and wow I like this one. I'm a collector and I'd love to favorite 1 or 2 vehicles, and a handful of outfits
    Defiance Data the community resource site, Databases, Tools, Guides and News

Since I'm new here (and hopefully the devs actually look at the questions here):

1) Will there ever be any attempt to match the art design of the game with the designs presented in the show? By that I mean:

E-REP soldiers that look like their show counterparts (padded shoulders, the unique helmets)
    EMC uniforms on mutants that actually look like what we've seen in the show (Urban Digital Camo ACUs)
    Gulanee looking like the one in the upcoming episode
    Weapons that are featured in the show

Right now there's a disconnect between what is seen in the show and what is seen in the game. It'd be nice if there could be more of a visual/artistic connection between the two.

2) Are there any plans to add in texture settings, specifically for users with high resolutions (1920x1080 and above)? The textures are low quality for high resolutions.

All I want to know is what is the status regarding fixing stability and new release date for console F2P?
    We are sad/mad that we didn't get our arkforge and patron passes on 7/15 as originally planned.
    While we can wait...we'd like to know what we can expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Market View Post
    Etaew, you are a trooper! I know many of us truly appreciate the work you do and it isn't voiced nearly enough!
    This is absolutely correct, and as always... Etaew: You are appreciated.

I'm pulling questions today and I'd like to address any concerns y'all have, so make sure to post here.

Spawn rates for Restless Dead were discussed in the July 18 Q&A, but a broader emergencies issue was not addressed in that question. Emergencies seem to be skewed to an extreme toward Hellbug emergencies lately, particularly Smells Like Victory, Thinning the Herd, and A New Pair of Genes. Players have estimated that 70% or more of the emergencies they're running into while hunting down Grid Emergencies are Hellbug emergencies, almost always one of these three. Is anything being looked into right now as far as the balance of different types of emergencies, particularly the imbalance that makes Hellbug emergencies almost ubiquitous and Grid emergencies relatively rare? (We know you did a spot check for Restless Dead to "debunk" the idea of them barely spawning, so how about some spot checking to see this extreme imbalance? Players aren't making this stuff up that they see in-game.)