+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What the hell is it with the vanishing mission(s)???????????????

I was at Delores Park and doing Silicon Guardians.

Then when that was over driving away and a new mission "Medical Supplies C.O.D." appeared on the map and before I could pop back in time it vanished.......

What is this mission and why was it shown for only around 30 seconds?

It's a leftover side-mission, afaik.
    It gives you 1 or 5 VBI rep, if I am not mistaken. Only thing you have to do is get there in time, accept the mission, drive somewhere, interact with something and bring it back to the Overpass APS dropbox.

It's just really rare and doesn't pop up in every shard. It's not new though. Happens rarely, but sometimes, it is there

PC EU - GT: Fuzzy12 - EGO LvL: 6.000

I'm also on Trove as Fuzz - Want to help me? Use this referral link.

Site Manager on Defiance Data

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    It's a leftover side-mission, afaik.
    It gives you 1 or 5 VBI rep, if I am not mistaken. Only thing you have to do is get there in time, accept the mission, drive somewhere, interact with something and bring it back to the Overpass APS dropbox.

It's just really rare and doesn't pop up in every shard. It's not new though. Happens rarely, but sometimes, it is there
    I only saw it for the very first time today.......... Never been in Delores Park.... I just wish the timer was extended so you could actually get there in time.

Have driven through the area, just never stopped.

Its part of an emergency that can spawn in that area. You clear the emergency and some medical supply barrels pop up. You accept the mission form them to deliver the supplies to overpass. They don't last long cause they disappear as soon as the emergency disappears. Since they don't become able to be interacted with until the emergency is complete you got about a 10 second window to pick up the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kershoc View Post
    Its part of an emergency that can spawn in that area. You clear the emergency and some medical supply barrels pop up. You accept the mission form them to deliver the supplies to overpass. They don't last long cause they disappear as soon as the emergency disappears. Since they don't become able to be interacted with until the emergency is complete you got about a 10 second window to pick up the quest.
    That's kind of stupid to do that...........Which emergency is it? 10 second timer is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatelover67 View Post
    That's kind of stupid to do that...........Which emergency is it? 10 second timer is stupid
    I have the feeling it is sometimes a bit more.
    There is one after an emergency, that's true. I recently had that thing when I was looking for Grid emergencies down there.
    There is another one of those things though which I saw on the map, teleported down to the Overpass, drove there and it was still there.
    That combined took me a lot more than 10secs. Shortly after I arrived and took on that mission it was gone though. Called a clanie who was too late already.

I guess one is from an emergency and one is, like the Arkfall fragments, some leftover.
    I don't know what makes it spawn though. Maybe it even is the emergency and it is there more than 10secs.
    That would explain why it only happens in one shard and not in all shards.

PC EU - GT: Fuzzy12 - EGO LvL: 6.000

I'm also on Trove as Fuzz - Want to help me? Use this referral link.

Site Manager on Defiance Data

It's been awhile, but I want to say its the same name as the mission. Medical Supplies COD

Also 10 seconds is best guess. I didn't actually time it. It's just whatever that window is from when you complete the emergency to when it fully despawns.

There are several "hidden missions" like that. They have been in the game since development. As mentioned, they only appear once a specific emergency has been completed (there are at least one for each of the original Factions, iirc). I ended up getting the scrapper one for Top Notch the other day at Dead End Junction (south of Overpass). Only one person can actually get the mission after the emergency is completed, so that's why it is so rare to see them. They are only popping up more often now because we have to camp areas where they normally spawn to make a Grid emergency pop.

it is from an emergancy as people are saying, but its if i do the emergancy, and you are in the same phase as me, when i finish it and the 'mission' comes up. everyone on the shard will see it. but as i do it there and then... no one else can.

Well I camped out at Delores Park around 130 am my time....... There was an emergency to stop Mutant thieves and after that you had to meet an EREP and fight off Dark Matter. Then there was a small mission to deliver supplies to The Overpass.

But it wasn't the mission I mentioned in my OP....... Is that one any different?