+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Introducing Silicon Valley's Encrypted Items

Ark hunters,

The premiere of Season 2 of Defiance on Syfy heralded the beginning of a rapid content release schedule for the Defiance Team here at Trion Worlds. Our designers are working day and night to get the game's first map addition, Silicon Valley, ready to launch in the coming weeks. One of the upcoming gameplay mechanics introduced with this major update is encryption, a new approach to upgrading equipment while improving the overall item chase of Defiance.

Weapons and shields that are looted after the Silicon Valley world expansion launches may drop as an encrypted item, a status which buffs damage or capacity while preventing rarity upgrades via the Salvage Matrix. For more details about this new mechanic, Creative Lead Trick Dempsey and Senior Producer Rich "Phantasie" Barnes have addressed core questions about encryption and what it means for Defiance and its community.

Read the full article on the website.
    "Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

Yup, yup...right.
    Keep up this way...

Ps: by the way, this should be stickied.

Quote Originally Posted by Introducing Silicon Valley’s Encrypted Items
    A weapon or shield will also become encrypted when its rarity is increased in the Salvage Matrix. When a piece of equipment’s rarity is upgraded in the Salvage Matrix, its rarity is increased by one tier (as players have already experienced in the current version of the game). The equipment also gains the encrypted modifier on its details window. Additionally, while an encrypted item’s EGO rating can still be increased, its rarity tier cannot be increased any further.
    I guarantee that there are going to be many players that will not like this feature. It will certainly be an unwelcome change for high EGO players that want to upgrade Arkbreaker weapons all the way to Legendary that are not Epic to begin with, especially after what you did to the mechanics of the Warmaster fight.

dyunan.natsuu デュナン・ナッツ - PC NA

http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/...crypted-items/

The link at the bottom to discuss this update that should link to this thread links to this thread instead http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?169175 - which doesn't exist.

Our priority is to make Defiance the best game possible, and after reviewing the data we see fewer players purchasing lockboxes with both our in-game currency and Bits. And as we dig through this data from the past 2 months we realize the mistake we made: our introduction of essentially unlimited rarity upgrades removed the item chase from the game for many of our players.
    You really think that lockbox purchases are down because of unlimited rarity upgrades? oh dear....

This is change is not solely about revenue – but at same time we make no secret about it: Defiance is a business – and to be a successful business we need to ensure that our gameplay systems are fun and that they encourage long term play and enjoyment. While not all players may agree with this change, we hope you appreciate our transparency in communicating the rationale behind it. You have asked for us to be upfront with you about the reasons for changes; this is an example of us doing so.
    You call it transparency, most will call it a disconnect between players and the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Deunan View Post
    I guarantee that there are going to be many players that will not like this feature. It will certainly be an unwelcome change for high EGO players that want to upgrade Arkbreaker weapons all the way to Legendary that are not Epic to begin with, especially after what you did to the mechanics of the Warmaster fight.
    Major slap to the face, eh?

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,xxx - Clan Level 3,100 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO & Firefall

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenic_Touch View Post
    http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/...crypted-items/

The link at the bottom to discuss this update that should link to this thread links to this thread instead http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?169175 - which doesn't exist.
    Noticed that as well, will fix.
    "Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

lol I know people who stopped buying things from the bit store because they are pissed off with idiotic nerfs (lockbox forge then Defiant few gear). This is only going to piss them off more GG Trion.

I really like this idea. But they dont seem to understand how the difficulty of the game cant seem to really scale with the rewards we get. We should be getting higher rarity weapons based on how difficult something is. The reason people abused the upgrade rarity function was because the game felt unfair at times. Allowing ua to use this and feel more rewarded. You think you are adding fun but you arent. What kind of a game do you play where you cant win? They did it with the warmaster now this.
    Smitty-Ego 5114 | Mrs. Smitty- Ego 1563 GT: MASSIVEHVAL
    Founder of HE WAS NUMBER ONE on Xbox NA
    The clan is dead, but I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by Deunan View Post
    It`s the final axe blow in the game for many players...

I actually like this change. Getting godly guns has never been this easy as it is now.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Shakk10k

Keeping gear as close to your own ego rating and why it is important
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ow-EGO-players!

Wich gunmodels you should look after when gearing up for pvp.
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...viable-for-PvP

Well I can tell you right now without a doubt why my lockbox consumption has gone down.
    There's no arkforge to be had there anymore and i really have enough blue weapons.

Since i ran out of rep for Epic mod hoards I'm buying T4s again though just to get rid of the Keycodes.
    Funnily enough the last useful legendary in ages (a decently rolled Thunder) came from the free powertech box lol.

+ Reply to Thread