+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Why I dont like the scoring system

At first when they implemented it I was like COOL! Now, months after I realize why this thing sucks so badly. Before, when the leaderboard was damage based everyone tried their best to kill the hellion (example) targeted its weakpoint for maximum and critical damage. Now everyone is trying to keep certain bosses or enemies alive so they can do the least amount of damage to get he maximum score using teamwork points. Really doesnt feel as satisfying as the damage based score.
    Smitty-Ego 5114 | Mrs. Smitty- Ego 1563 GT: MASSIVEHVAL
    Founder of HE WAS NUMBER ONE on Xbox NA
    The clan is dead, but I'm not!

On top of the low damage output players, high EGO players are even investing in Bio weapons for armor plate breaking points while they kill everything slowly. It's a damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by SirServed View Post
    high EGO players are even investing in Bio weapons for armor plate breaking points while they kill everything slowly. It's a damn shame.
    And what's wrong with that? If they choose bio it's because of its usefulness compared to other nanos, it also gives an advantage for everyone who is shooting the same enemy. So don't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by SirServed View Post
    On top of the low damage output players, high EGO players are even investing in Bio weapons for armor plate breaking points while they kill everything slowly. It's a damn shame.
    Playing according to game design we are. I would mind running around using so-called "high damage" nanos exclusively while cursing I have to use insane amounts of ammo, instead of using bio to remove armor and switch to fire once those pesky plates are gone, which allows me both to score well and deal sufficient damage.
    That being said, I do agree armor/full armor break bonuses tend to be ridiculously high, therefore making bio the most profitable nano.
    PC EU 5.666 [Blood Oath Brotherhood] -Revived
    PC NA 5.556 [Death on Wheels] on hold
    Does not play Defiance at the moment, forums are way more entertaining

Could stubbornness prolong life, then I'd be immortal

Gaming of the score system does bother me, like the encouragement to deploy an ego power just before the boss dies.

But what bothers me more is that I feel I am forced to drop everything and shoot the boss (I'm looking at you Monolith) or I feel that I am losing out, I feel that if I am reviving someone, or clearing adds which are endangering people I am contributing just as much to the fight as people hitting the boss.
    Defiance Data the community resource site, Databases, Tools, Guides and News

Quote Originally Posted by Smiit View Post
    At first when they implemented it I was like COOL! Now, months after I realize why this thing sucks so badly. Before, when the leaderboard was damage based everyone tried their best to kill the hellion (example) targeted its weakpoint for maximum and critical damage. Now everyone is trying to keep certain bosses or enemies alive so they can do the least amount of damage to get he maximum score using teamwork points. Really doesnt feel as satisfying as the damage based score.
    What does the Teamwork points stand for?
    "Fight! Win! Prevail!".

Sugestion threads
    Weapon rolls | Lockboxes | Nanos balance | AP pickups | Vehicles and armor

SuperEGO V2.0

Quote Originally Posted by PiccolaRivolta View Post
    And what's wrong with that? If they choose bio it's because of its usefulness compared to other nanos, it also gives an advantage for everyone who is shooting the same enemy. So don't complain.
    It doesn't give any advantage to players that go straight for the crit spots on mobs because hits to the crit spot bypass armor plates. It doesn't give any advantage to players that use radiation weapons unless the mob has a lot of armor plates. With 2 exceptions, the bio-nano weapons that players are using to increase the chance of getting armor break, and full break points aren't high DPS weapons. If you want to kill mobs fast there's no reason to not use a high DPS weapon regardless of the nano effect of the weapon and there's absolutely no reason to have more than one in your loadout but I see players that have 2 guns and a grenade all for bio damage.

dyunan.natsuu デュナン・ナッツ - PC NA

The worst part with the scoring system is the "Power kill".

Where saving your EGO power until the last 10 seconds grants you about 100k score in arkfalls.
    So basicly not using your +30% damage ego power untill the last moment gives you far more score than someone with overcharge constantly activated EXCEPT when the hellion dies.

Nice brain.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Shakk10k

Keeping gear as close to your own ego rating and why it is important
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ow-EGO-players!

Wich gunmodels you should look after when gearing up for pvp.
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...viable-for-PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Etaew View Post
    Gaming of the score system does bother me, like the encouragement to deploy an ego power just before the boss dies.
    Scoring is a winning tactic and defines the loot. It is linked with the score boost, score matters. So is behaviour surrounding it. You do not clear adds or revive others when an arkfall boss is vulnerable. You do not revive others when you do WM (period).

If you aren't shooting the boss when you should, you are being a d0uche to yourself. Play the game as it is intended and use the winning strategy (with boost).

The score mechanic supports teamplay because you will be searching for bosses who are ready for the slaugther instead of searching solo for arkfalls and killing the smaller sites before getting to the boss. It promotes cooperation. Some bosses (like Matron) just need more HP.

Another downside I see is that only the BIO nano has become usefull lowering the popularity of the other (4!) nano effects. The other types have become obsolete and less valued.

Quote Originally Posted by Deunan View Post
    If you want to kill mobs fast there's no reason to not use a high DPS weapon regardless of the nano effect of the weapon and there's absolutely no reason to have more than one in your loadout but I see players that have 2 guns and a grenade all for bio damage.
    You do not kill WM unless you are in a fixed group. If you PUG, you go for score. This has been supported by Trick, I will refer to posts about timer and (upcoming) score changes.

I do not understand what all the drama is about. Trick explained he does not want lock keepers. You go in, you score, you get out. That's the way WM is intended to be played.

You want to go do DPS and kill WM, do it in your own time (with your own team).

Quote Originally Posted by 430005 View Post
    This tactic has been supported by Trick

Quote Originally Posted by 430005 View Post
    You want to go do DPS and kill WM, do it in your own time. Just don't do it in a PUG.
    Every last little thing I do in this game, I do on my own time.
    1.05 shotgun mag boost? REALLY?
    PC/NA&EU, too many toons to list.
    "If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."- Jayne Cobb.
    "Daredevil"