+ Reply to Thread

Shield Upgrading - Secondary doesnt upgrade?

So I have a blue Respark Regenerator (50% health regen), however, if i go to upgrade it to purple (or orange), it doesnt show the health regen increasing to 75 (100)%.

Is this a bug, does it simply not display this upgrade, or is this a game mechanic and the health regen cannot be upgraded at all?

If I remember correctly upgrading the rarity only grants shield plates based on rarity...I could be wrong.
    GT: FTG Griffix
    Xbox Characters: Naomi Ryder and Denri Talak
    Clan: Dawn Patrol

PTS: Griffix
    PTS Characters: Naomi Ryder and Sage Winters

The level of regeneration is not based on the rarity of the shield. It is based on the suffix of the shield. Each rarity shield can create 25%, 50%, 75%, etc version of Regenerators.

PC NA :: Huggs 5.5K+ :: Marit 5.5K+ :: Kes Lien 1K
    <Soldiers of Defiance>

Quote Originally Posted by Kershoc View Post
    The level of regeneration is not based on the rarity of the shield. It is based on the suffix of the shield. Each rarity shield can create 25%, 50%, 75%, etc version of Regenerators.
    This, and since they changed shield stats a couple patches ago they have been broken. Here is how they used to work.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...69#post1107869

The secondary abilities used to be offset by things like recharge rates, delay and capacity. Now the shields of the same rarities all have the same base stats except maybe the IV versions should have higher capacity now. The secondary abilities and are still broke and uneven and cause clear discrepancies.

I have gotten 2 natural legendary Respark regenerators. They both have a nano resistance but one is 25% regen and the other is 75% otherwise the stats are identical. That is my most recent example I have I keep repeating hoping Trion will get a clue one day and fix it.
    EGO - 5900
    PC-NA Character Name - Dod, Account Name - ironcladtrash

Upgrading the shield doesn't upgrade the % of the effect. That's why they have values assigned to them. II, III, IV, V.

That is working as intended. You should see one of the other stats changing depending on shield type (I forget offhand which one boosts which stat, since I tend to use Rebels, not Resparks), but the health regen is based, as others have said, on the Roman numeral behind the name.

As another poster said, you should see armor plate upgrades, but remember that blue and purple have the same number of armor plates, so it won't change when you go blue to purple, but if you further go to orange, THEN you will get another armor plate. THAT stat is based on rarity too, but not just going up each time.

You were all correct - just wanted to be sure i wasnt missing something, or messing something up

thank you for the feedback, and the links!