+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Keycode Cost, Rebalanced Rewards, and Drop Rates O My!

*To balance the accrual rate of Keycodes, we have increased the purchase cost of Keycodes on Lock Box Merchants, rebalanced the rewards gained from score in events, and updated equipment drop rates from enemies

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...Silicon-Valley

I have a feeling this will negatively impact players in an attempt to drive them to the bit store. What are your thought? Lets speculate until we experience it first hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scapes View Post
    Yes, one million scrip. Why? We wanted to create an additional path to these weapons and their synergies for dedicated players who didn't want to purchase the Corporate Espionage Lock Box via the Bit Store.

GT: ConcreteSnake

Every update so far has been to "entice" (read push) People to the bit store.

This change will be no different. /shrug

Seriously start to get hate feeling towards TRION atm.

I used to respect them quite a bit during the early days with RIFT.

Oh how the mightly have fallen and sunk so low!

This game used to be good around launch. Sure some issues and bugs and dissapointment of the small map, but it was a good game overall. Focussed on horizontal progression and pretty balanced.

Now they turned it into a stupid vertical progression themepark cash grab!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronan View Post
    Every update so far has been to "entice" (read push) People to the bit store.
    Well considering I can live without those shotguns & grenades I usually get from Lockboxes, nothing will "entice" me to go to the bitstore lol
    - -

I read:

You get to many keys so we are reducing that.
    T4 boxes now cost more. (hahahahaha evil laugh)
    No more stim or spike drops. Please visit the cash shop(or vendor).
    www.youtube.com/user/combo65

IGN: Combo Breaker

From what I read about Rift's free to pay to play, this is about par for the course.
    www.youtube.com/user/combo65

IGN: Combo Breaker

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteSnake View Post
    *To balance the accrual rate of Keycodes, we have increased the purchase cost of Keycodes on Lock Box Merchants, rebalanced the rewards gained from score in events, and updated equipment drop rates from enemies
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...Silicon-Valley
    I have a feeling this will negatively impact players in an attempt to drive them to the bit store. What are your thought? Lets speculate until we experience it first hand.
    Sounds like cryptic talk for "we're about to shaft all of you"...go to our bits store and PAY TO WIN...errr wait...we said we wouldn't do that...whatever...
    Go to the bits store and PAY TO WIN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Combo Breaker View Post
    I read:

You get to many keys so we are reducing that.
    T4 boxes now cost more. (hahahahaha evil laugh)
    No more stim or spike drops. Please visit the cash shop(or vendor).
    I'm seeing the same thing, with a Nerf to loot drop rates and quality to make us buy lockboxes, which now cost more, and we will get less keys naturally by decreasing the "rewards" of forge and keys from events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scapes View Post
    Yes, one million scrip. Why? We wanted to create an additional path to these weapons and their synergies for dedicated players who didn't want to purchase the Corporate Espionage Lock Box via the Bit Store.

GT: ConcreteSnake

I've bought over a thousand lock boxes using keys, i can't think of any weapon I use regularly from one. They could decrease it to one key per year and it wouldn't affect me. Anyone who buys a lock box from the bit store has more money than brains.

Making Keycodes cost more... so what, 50 - 100% on the prices. 15 - 20k Ark Salvage and 7.5k - 10k scrip for 10 keys. Sounds about right considering their need to have us go to the bit store for every little thing. As for adjusting loot rate and the drops on bosses, this means less keys from doing stuff. I suspect that will get nerfed about 20%, maybe 30%. Nothing much when you look at a single arkfall, but when you are building for 64 or 75 for a purple box... it adds up. However I think the boxes will cost the same number of keycodes. They said they are increasing how much keycodes cost on lockboxes. Nothing about increasing lockbox prices. So shuuuuush, you'll give them ideas!

hey snake i think the new players wont know the difference and tell us to stop complaining . then theyll be gone in a month if that.