+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I Used to Be an Ark Hunter

I used to be an Ark Hunter and it was fun and profitable, I had keys for buying boxes and arkforge for upgrading my weapons and shields and a few times during a play session I might get legendry weapons and shields from drops and or boxes. But if I didn't, I could use my Arkforge skills to upgrade any weapon or shield into a Legendry if I really wanted to.

But then the Silcone Valley expansion came out and I was forced to become a Grid Hunter. My ark hunter days were over since the decreased drop rates on keys and arkforge were so nill that it only made sense to hunt grids for completing the grid pursuits. The truth of the matter Defiance became a grind game that centers around buying bits n bribes and boosts. Sad but True and the encrypton has destoried one of the greatest crafting features that Defiance had the abilty to make any weapon or shield into a legendry.

All of this has forced me really to take a long hard look at Defiance which made me realise that spending anymore cash in this game would be a waste and just playing it now and then as a casual player is the only way to go.

I know how is this feeling. I can't find anything useful to do atm....

I'm sure another company would welcome our clientele and the amount of money we have spent on this game, including respect.
    Ozz Squad Warriors: PC D50 EU/NA
    Originally Founded D13: 23rd July 2013.

Old Clan Page: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ntries-Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabiano Batista View Post
    I know how is this feeling. I can't find anything useful to do atm....
    Yeah its kind of depressing what was once fun is now nothing more than a grind.

BTW The only thing I can see that this encryption has done is to make Orange weapons and shields Rare again, other than that it's all bad and has taken a lot of the fun out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SlicTrix View Post
    I used to be an Ark Hunter.....
    ... like you. But then I took a patch to the knee.

Now my cousin's out fighting monoliths, And what do I get? Guard duty!
    Vega's Season Two Community Hunt for EGO Codes
    There is no such thing as the Illuminati.

They say this change was for the new F2P players, but I am one of them. I usually plan to do 1 or 2 main mission or a season mission per day (I still have them to complete) but when I saw there was an Arkfall or Incursion event, I just could not resist going there and trying to score high to get this sweet sweet Arkforge. I never used a single Arkforge but somehow I felt that it is an important resource, that it was worth something and I enjoyed getting it for later. I even once scored 200,000 points and got 20 Arkforge, that was amazing!

Now the map it full of these events and I just don't care. I will continue the main and season mission to see all story and content and then... I don't know.

All of this has forced me really to take a long hard look at Defiance which made me realise that spending anymore cash in this game would be a waste and just playing it now and then as a casual player is the only way to go.
    We're all frucking doomed! Slic, we can't lose you. Who will pay for teh new servers?

The only thing I can see that this encryption has done is to make Orange weapons and shields Rare again
    They drop in T2 lockboxes like candy; Of course if you have they keys... oh wait...

I used to be an Ark Hunter and it was fun and profitable, I had keys for buying boxes and arkforge for upgrading my weapons and shields and a few times during a play session I might get legendry weapons and shields from drops and or boxes. But if I didn't, I could use my Arkforge skills to upgrade any weapon or shield into a Legendry if I really wanted to.

But then the Silcone Valley expansion came out and I was forced to become a Grid Hunter. My ark hunter days were over since the decreased drop rates on keys and arkforge were so nill that it only made sense to hunt grids for completing the grid pursuits. The truth of the matter Defiance became a grind game that centers around buying bits n bribes and boosts. Sad but True and the encrypton has destoried one of the greatest crafting features that Defiance had the abilty to make any weapon or shield into a legendry.

i thought it was strange that i wasnt geting many keys

I used to be a Ark Hunter like you, then I took a nerf in the knee
    Defiance 2050 - EU XBOX ONE | Clan: Ark Legion Elite | GT: mech | ign: tom
    Defiance - EU XBOX 360 | Clan: Ark Legion Elite | GT: mech | ign: tom