+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

The Zagger. Oh boy. Here we go. again...

It seems that the set stat broken weapon known as the Zagger just keeps on finding ways to hold PvP down. The thing knows no bounds.

Zagger and Cloak are forever to go hand and hand as long as the Zagger stays broken.

The Cloak fix was good. Things seemed to be looking up for PvP again... but the Zagger wont allow that.

Now instead of the Zagger's main benefit of allowing players to stay in a constant state of air clear invisibility its has evolved in allowing players having "hacked shield" regeneration qualities.

My first assumption of seeing this in action was that this must be a hack since I have not seen such instant shield regain rates since the game came out and players were using 'hack shields'. I was dumb founded since I thought this was fixed awhile ago and I thought I was seeing this 'hack' all over again. Keep in mind that the days of truly hacked shields was a time when the Zagger wasn't in the game yet.

So for those of you who have been posting and reporting as of late saying on how you have come across players that you think are shield glitching your not. The effects of what you are seeing now is because of the Zagger.

Thinking about it I put the puzzle pieces together for myself. What I'm going to share is going ruin PvP all over again just like how the Zagger ruined PvP with allowing players to stay constantly invisible... So yeah.. lets knock PvP down a peg again.. unfortunately. But then again its the broken overpowered weapons that are truly to blame here. And this is why...

It all stems from the Zaggers stupid bonus rolls that allow it to have 0.0 reload. Its 10% Ego recharge on reload along with Pumped Up that can make it 25% on reload along with these Ego recharges not having any kind of cool down times whatsoever. And not to mention the capability of having a 45% speed boost on reload without any kind of cool down either. The 0.0 reload allows these things to happen instantly on every shot. There are no doubts that this all here is not balanced.

Now for the good stuff.. or the bad stuff depending on how you view it...lets lay it out.

• Zagger with its instant 25% Ego recharges.

• Cloak with being able to recharge shields upon activation (nothing wrong with this in itself btw, perfectly fine)

• Cloak being able to cancel itself at any giving time while active (nothing wrong with this in itself btw)

• Tachyon shield with its 75% to 95% shield regain (nothing wrong with this since it makes up for it by having a 9.6 charge delay.)

...starting to put the pieces together yet??

The Zagger is allowing players to be in unrivaled rate of shield recharge.

So the Zagger recharges Ego in a few instant shots. Player then goes into battle. Gets shot. Activate cloak. Cloak upon actvation recharges shield. Tachyon recharges at 95%. Cancel Cloak. Zagger recharges Ego in a few instant shots. Get shot. Activate cloak. Shield recharges at 95%. Rinse and repeat.

And when you have speed boosted players running you down with Zagger and popping off 95% shield regains.. well... you will get the picture when this spreads and everyone is using it.

Trion, you should of listened to players the week the Zagger debut when everyone was pointing out on how it was over powered and put the kibosh on it then. But you kept it as is and allowed it to spread and the thing just keeps finding ways to mess everything PvP has going for itself and beyond.

PvP just started to look good again, it really did. Now the Zagger is going to put it back to the way it was before. The Zagger anchors and brings the newly revitalized PvP down before it even got a chance to leave the run way.

Not to mention this coupled with the Canker or Big Boomer. wtf, seriously. Fix these things, don't let them hold the game back. PvP has all the makings of being sharp but these things just dumb it down.

TLDR

Nef hates the Zagger. In other news, the sky is blue...
    1.05 shotgun mag boost? REALLY?
    PC/NA&EU, too many toons to list.
    "If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."- Jayne Cobb.
    "Daredevil"

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    TLDR

Nef hates the Zagger. In other news, the sky is blue...
    In other news? I don't know if you been keeping up with current affairs but the Zagger has been a over powered and all around broken weapon since forever.

And the players using it to exploit its unbalance features sure in hell wont lay it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    In other news its a broken weapon.
    If anything its balances PvP out a bit.

You know there are other sawed-offs with Zagger rolls right?

It seems like every few months you make a nerf the zagger thread.

It's here you go again Nef not "we".

Quote Originally Posted by Chump Norris View Post

Honestly, slugger/wanyu is better than a zagger in terms of killing.

In other news? I don't know if you been keeping up with current affairs but the Zagger has been a over powered and all around broken weapon since forever.

And the players using it to exploit its unbalance features sure in hell wont lay it all out.
    Case closed.
    1.05 shotgun mag boost? REALLY?
    PC/NA&EU, too many toons to list.
    "If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."- Jayne Cobb.
    "Daredevil"

Quote Originally Posted by Chump Norris View Post

No... I have no idea at all the other Sawed offs can roll the same bonuses.

Its not like whenever I ever point out the Zaggers rolls before I dont mention how the rolls themselves for sawed offs should be fixed also.

How is it an exploit? Every player has the same opportunity to obtain/use a zagger. And don't give me this crap about how you won't use it. If you don't like the way it's used in pvp you're better off not pvping.

You don't have a zagger I assume?