+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WAI? High % of encrypted from boxes and rep vendors

I bought probably 10 rep weapons from defiant few in the last couple days and found that almost all of them were already encrypted at blue and purple.

It seems to me that if you want folks to spend bits, you give them something they can spend on... such as AF to upgrade their weapon rarity.

If they can't... again, that seems like you're shooting yourself in the foot. Not that I'm judging and I don't have the entire picture or know where this is going (for all I know they may intend to start selling decryption keys for bits) the simple point of the post was to ask if anyone knows if this is working as intended, or if maybe someone needs to take a look at the code.

I spend probably more than a good portion of the player-base on the game, which is why I'm able to buy lots of bribes and, in turn, buy weapons from rep vendors.... but if they're all encrypted the only really viable option becomes to buy the purple box and HOPE that you get one that's not encrypted with all the right stats and nano. Unlikely as it is, that will keep people buying stuff, but only the folks that would do this anyway.

So.. anyone know about this or have more information about it?
    Me on Steam: Here

That's the beauty of lock boxes, it's pay to lose. If you don't enjoy the chase you're playing it wrong.

Seems to vary a bit. One day it seemed that every vendor weap was encrypted; the next; less than a third.

The encrypted thing hasn't been that big of a deal, overall, after messing with it for a couple of days.
    PC - NA Server: Strykewolf
    Celine D'ourden

Quote Originally Posted by TalynOne View Post
    That's the beauty of lock boxes, it's pay to lose. If you don't enjoy the chase you're playing it wrong.
    Alrighty.

Just to be clear, this wasn't a "flame Defiance" thread.

It's a question thread... looking for information from people that might know if this is working as intended or if there is something else maybe coming that will make this seem more workable.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykewolf View Post
    Seems to vary a bit. One day it seemed that every vendor weap was encrypted; the next; less than a third.

The encrypted thing hasn't been that big of a deal, overall, after messing with it for a couple of days.
    The chase for the perfect weapon with the perfect rolls and nano does require some work and time, sacrifice, etc. But if, at the end of the rainbow, you are blocked by the simple fact that you get a purple that is encrypted... that's something of a conundrum when they could make more money allowing upgrades.

But, that's where the question comes in.

Anyone know of something coming to make this more workable? Decryption keys? Maybe this is just an oversight and the coding was extended to lockboxes instead of just to drops? That would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykewolf View Post

If there's one thing I noticed about Trion RNG is that it's most likely based on an RNG algorithm that doesn't reseed on reuse (or more likely uses a seed that doesn't change often enough). So if you get 2-3 encrypted items, most likely they'll all be encrypted. If get a legendary at a Monolith then keep doing them to get more until the seed gets reset. Buying 10 lock boxes? Get ready to receive 5 of the same weapon. Personally since the patch I have not gotten one purple that hasn't been encrypted across two characters. I've also kept 0 new weapons since the patch.

If there's one thing I noticed about Trion RNG is that it's most likely based on an RNG algorithm that doesn't reseed on reuse. So if you get 2-3 encrypted items, most likely they'll all be encrypted. If get a legendary at a Monolith then keep doing them to get more until the seed gets reset. Buying 10 lock boxes? Get ready to receive 5 of the same weapon. Personally since the patch I have not gotten one purple that hasn't been encrypted across two characters. I've also kept 0 new weapons since the patch.
    I was under the impression that all weapons from lockboxes were encrypted. I bought well over 60 T2 boxes and every single blue and purple was encrypted. As a matter of fact, more than 9 out of 10 drops have been encrypted as well. I was shocked to learn that people were getting unencrypted items from lock boxes, my luck must have been extraordinarily bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickdoff Tank View Post
    I was under the impression that all weapons from lockboxes were encrypted. I bought well over 60 T2 boxes and every single blue and purple was encrypted. As a matter of fact, more than 9 out of 10 drops have been encrypted as well. I was shocked to learn that people were getting unencrypted items from lock boxes, my luck must have been extraordinarily bad.

So.. does anyone know if this is working as it was intended? Or if there's something coming that will fix this or make it more workable in terms of decryption keys or something? I hate to keep asking the same question, but..... that's what the thread is about actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Overlord View Post
    So.. does anyone know if this is working as it was intended? Or if there's something coming that will fix this or make it more workable in terms of decryption keys or something? I hate to keep asking the same question, but..... that's what the thread is about actually.
    Then you posted in the wrong place. There's a Trion support section. https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...-trion-support

This forum is for player discussion, not Trion support.

Then you posted in the wrong place. There's a Trion support section. https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...-trion-support

This forum is for player discussion, not Trion support.
    I guess I'll just have to explain this further.

I'm asking for a discussion.

About the original post.........

If we determine that it's not working as intended and there is no response about how this could potentially be a stepping stone to something else, then we will take the next most logical step and bring it to their attention in an official capacity.

So.. you're right. But, but not quite yet

What I don't want to do is get into drop rates and stuff that's not related to the encryption coming from lockboxes and vendors or how people hate Trion, etc etc etc.