+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Defiance Data Visits Trion HQ

For those who follow DD's news section you may have noticed a post appear last week talking about my trip to Trion HQ. You might have also noticed that it wasn't posted on the forums, I wanted to see what kind of reception it had locally first.

In the article you can see the devs making an effort with the community in and out of the work environment, so I invite you to read and look at some of the pictures from the visit.

Read Article
    Defiance Data the community resource site, Databases, Tools, Guides and News

I've been using your site since the earliest days. You helped me find all of those damned recorders.

I really appreciate the work that you have done for the community.

It worries me to see you this close to the company. Maybe it is a jobs/resume thing for you, if so, so be it.

Best of luck and I will try to keep this in perspective.
    Xbox NA: xlxJackxlx

Xbox EU: Jaclyn

GT: xlll Jack lllx

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jack Shepard View Post
    It worries me to see you this close to the company.
    It's a fair point, but don't worry. I'm not a propaganda piece, and I've always remained critical of what I see as flaws in design, communication and implementation. In fact some of these we are able to speak about during the visit.

I'm just jealous you got a "Precious"!

You got a hellbug pulshie!?

Damn you! Why don't they sell those stupid things!

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    You got a hellbug pulshie!?

Damn you! Why don't they sell those stupid things!
    Agreed. They'd make some decent money for those. I kinda wish I could get a few "action" figures from the game. I seem to recall a company that was able to make actual 3d castings of WOW characters. I think it would be cool to get one of my defiance toon.

Quote Originally Posted by alred View Post
    Agreed. They'd make some decent money for those. I kinda wish I could get a few "action" figures from the game. I seem to recall a company that was able to make actual 3d castings of WOW characters. I think it would be cool to get one of my defiance toon.
    Yup they should sell game merchandise, especially the plushie and I'd really love a 3d model of my character, I did investigate it with a 3d printer and the extracted meshes from the game client but I haven't actually run off a print yet. You know money and things, not to mention legal if I do it for others.

Quote Originally Posted by alred View Post
    Wow gives access to the models in the game to sties with APIs. Defiance wouldn't.
    The only way to do that would be if someone like Etaew use the Defiancedata model viewers to let you build custom character models as well as make them higher quality models.
    Then letting you save that data in a format that 3d printing sites or printers can use.

Which would be pretty awesome. lol I can picture someone making a bunch of Defiance characters and making a D&D game out of them.

Wow gives access to the models in the game to sties with APIs. Defiance wouldn't.
    The only way to do that would be if someone like Etaew use the Defiancedata model viewers to let you build custom character models as well as make them higher quality models.
    Then letting you save that data in a format that 3d printing sites or printers can use.

Which would be pretty awesome. lol I can picture someone making a bunch of Defiance characters and making a D&D game out of them.
    Blizzard gave access to a company that gave players a chance to own a bust or full figure of their in game toon. It wasn't cheap either. I think the full figure was something like 130 bucks, the bust was half of that. It's called FigurePrints. But then again, Blizzard allowed access to character data and AH from outside of the game. Trion doesn't, though I think they should.

Or Warhammer 40K armies.

Vega's Season Two Community Hunt for EGO Codes
    There is no such thing as the Illuminati.