+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

video setting unable to save

i like to change the game into window(full screen), while each time i shut down the game and restart , it sticks to fullscreen mode. which is much harder to shift between apps.

I also like playing in Fullscreen (Windowed) on my multi-monitor setup to switch between screens without minimizing the game. When I first started playing this one a few months ago I noticed the setting not staying set. I found some old threads from last year about people complaining about it, but apparently it never got resolved and does not seem to be high on their priority list.

Unfortunately you're just going to have to live with it and reset it each and every single time you log in.

did anyone go and do a dig into ini files to make it able to save changes? Having to re-set it every time the game crashes is getting old.

I am having the same problem with the resolution being stuck in 1400x1050 Full screen every time I start the game. I prefer to play the game in 1680x1050 borderless windowed. I recently changed from the Glyph standalone launcher to a steam version of the game and I am thinking that has something to do with the error popping up. Anyone else on the Steam version or move to it recently?

Update: Reinstall Defiance through the Glyph standalone and the problem persists. I guess I will be stuck in 1400x1050 for a while. I submitted a ticket to Trion support 140820-001249 and referenced this thread, but unless Kiwi or another Trion Mod sees this post i have a feeling we will be waiting for a while on a fix.

the game will load in saved settings ive noticed but then the opening credits seem to reset our settings?
    i dont code but its something ive noticed.

like i play windowed with 800x600 and itll load that but as soon as opening credits start it resets to full screen at maz res.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrinx View Post
    did anyone go and do a dig into ini files to make it able to save changes? Having to re-set it every time the game crashes is getting old.
    edit: **workaround removed** - found a proper solution, see my post #10 below

Quote Originally Posted by Snib View Post
    There are no ini files that I saw. But being frustrated by the issue myself I did find a workaround: The game will start up in windowed borderless with these command line parameters passed to the defiance.exe
    Well it is good to know that Snib found a workaround, but I feel like seeing if there will be an official response within the 72 hour window. If not then Snib you can bet that I will be pestering you via a PM instead of the forum for that workaround because

Quote Originally Posted by Snib View Post
    Since I'm not sure whether I'd get the ban hammer over my head for telling you how to do that I'll leave it at that, sorry.
    It is better to be safe than sorry, I would rather you didn't get banned, and not put it out there publicly on the forums is probably the better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentUNDEAD View Post
    i dont code but its something ive noticed.
    hahahaha neither can .......................

Just wanted to let everyone know there is another recent thread with the similar issue in the General forum. They have gotten the attention of a Dev, but there is no solution yet. Thread is located here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...=1#post1603330

Quote Originally Posted by AREspirit View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know there is another recent thread with the similar issue in the General forum. They have gotten the attention of a Dev, but there is no solution yet. Thread is located here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...=1#post1603330
    Thanks for the link.

In the meantime I did their work for them and figured out the problem and how to properly fix it. The bug is caused by Glyph. I'll PM that dev from the thread you linked and tell him how to fix it, but in the meantime you can download and run this file to fix up your registry:

trion_registry_fix.reg

Important: You must make sure that neither Glyph nor the game or any other Trion games are running (check your tray to make sure glyph is not running) before you run that file or it will not work.

Afterwards open the game normally and your settings will start getting stored correctly.

PS: Some settings additionally require you to set your video preset to custom to get saved.