+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Strange lag since last night. Suggestions?

First I'll give you my specs:
    AMD-FX 8350
    8GB RAM
    GTX 760X2 (SLI)
    100/10 Megabit (Download/Upload)
    Windows 8.1

Since last night I have noticed this strange lag. It's like data is "bottlenecking". I still see players moving and shooting, however the NPCs are standing still for a good 10-20 seconds. After that elapsed time the game "catches up" and I'm usually dead. The person I was grouped with didn't seem to be experiencing it. I tried playing again about 10 minutes ago, did a Volge Swarm at North Point and the exact same thing happened.
    Is there a traceroute I can run to see if I'm dropping packets?
    Here is the speedtest result I ran to a Palo Alto server in California as I was led to believe the Defiance serves are located there (California, not Palo Alto Specifically).

Suggestions please?

occasionally you get lag like that, been noticing it a bit more frequently on the computer. I atleast notice it within 5 minutes of signing on or instantaneously once in matchmaking. I just close the game entirely and reload it and under 30 seconds later when it fully reboots it tends to work. Never happened to me for the day and a half of game play I had on the windows 8.0. But currently I have 8.1 unfortunately for gaming. Might be that or it could just be a server problem that has been reoccurring throughout the times.
    GT: Dan0245
    Xbox One: North America

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaREDBLACKS View Post
    occasionally you get lag like that, been noticing it a bit more frequently on the computer. I atleast notice it within 5 minutes of signing on or instantaneously once in matchmaking. I just close the game entirely and reload it and under 30 seconds later when it fully reboots it tends to work. Never happened to me for the day and a half of game play I had on the windows 8.0. But currently I have 8.1 unfortunately for gaming. Might be that or it could just be a server problem that has been reoccurring throughout the times.
    The only issue 8.1 gave me was with ARMA 2 and I found the workaround for that.
    I restarted the game last night twice, ran a repair from the Glyph dashboard, reset my modem, restarted the computer, pretty much everything short of a voodoo incantation.

Nothing new. Happens all the time. Trion doesn't know (or won't say) what causes it and thus can't/won't fix it.

Welcome to Defiance.

Quote Originally Posted by squidgod2000 View Post
    Nothing new. Happens all the time. Trion doesn't know (or won't say) what causes it and thus can't/won't fix it.

Welcome to Defiance.
    That's not very encouraging. Anyone know of a traceroute I could run to see where the bottleneck happens?

im runing a cheepy walmart fallapart laptop that has 2 gigs of ram and 225 gigs of memory and have yet to feel this " lag " every one else is. sure i admit to minor lag pockits but beond that im not seeing or feeling a heavy lag that sticks. for more then 10 secends at a time .

o.o my only sajusttion. even if your system is ment to handel the game at max setings. change them to the lowest settings you can. this should lower lag a little or alot depending on the user. also if u have your proxy memory all the way up turn it off. it only loads caricter models and its better to see steves then see every one in there full armour. also means less stuff to load.

just my thoughts. and the little bit of info i know. hope it helps some

There was massive delay lag last night. I experienced the same thing you did. Basically you knew it was going to happen when the enemies had 0 HP and were running in place. Then a massive "explosion" would happen and all the enemies that were supposed to be dead disappeared and sometimes you were dead too.

As posted it is just Defiance. I stopped playing since it was so bad. All you can do is completely quit the game and re-login and hope you hit a different shard than the one you were just on.
    AMD FX 9590 BE 5.5GHz, ASUS CH V:F-Z, 4GB Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X 1200/1600, 4x 4GB KHX 1866, Corsair AX860i + TX850W - F3 240GB - K70/M65, Xigmatek Elysium

Quote Originally Posted by JadedSinn View Post
    im runing a cheepy walmart fallapart laptop that has 2 gigs of ram and 225 gigs of memory and have yet to feel this " lag " every one else is. sure i admit to minor lag pockits but beond that im not seeing or feeling a heavy lag that sticks. for more then 10 secends at a time .

o.o my only sajusttion. even if your system is ment to handel the game at max setings. change them to the lowest settings you can. this should lower lag a little or alot depending on the user. also if u have your proxy memory all the way up turn it off. it only loads caricter models and its better to see steves then see every one in there full armour. also means less stuff to load.

It's network/server processing lag, not graphics lag. Your graphics settings and the computer you play with are irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by JadedSinn View Post

Hi Jaded and thank you for taking the time to answer. I never experienced this until last night and this morning, subsequently.
    I will try what you suggested, however it's not FPS lag I'm experiencing, it's like someone flips a switch, turns off my interwebz, then turns it back on 10-20 seconds later. I can still move and shoot but nothing registers until data exchange catches up.
    It clearly is not my connection and/or computer as the specs far surpass what is required.

I experienced some lag a few minutes ago while doing an Arkfall and an invasion makes it NO fun to play.