+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Destiny the video game.

So who else is excited about Destiny coming out in a week for consoles, march 2015 for pc? I know its not an MMO but the fps rgp elements seem very well blended together to give it a halo/borderlands feel to it. Seeing how this is off topic section, I hope it is safe to discuss other games without reprisal.
    http://forums.defiance.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6099394&dateline=1366  511466
    Processor:AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.30GHz Motherboard:AsusTeK M4N98TD EVO Memory:Corsair DDR3 16GB (4X4GB sticks) Graphics:2X NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti 2GB in SLI mode OS:Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1

I'm excited about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut brittle View Post
    I'm excited about it!
    Ditto. (on PS4 and remotely via PS Vita)

Defiant Few group/clan: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/143322

The group/clan structure is interesting. You can be a part of many Groups. A Group can be a Clan, of which you can only be part of one at a time. Each Group or Clan can be part of an Alliance made up of many Groups and Clans.

With groups it doesn't matter which platform you play on either. So we can share with each other on shooting things in the face. Should be interesting splitting time between both games.

PS3: CECH-2101A | PC: Bahamut2 | Screenshots | YouTube | Extra Life

Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    So who else is excited about Destiny coming out in a week for consoles, march 2015 for pc?
    I'm over the moon, even Amack knows it.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...=1#post1611648

Defiance was my first taste of an mmo (if it indeed is, I've heard argument for and against) and I'm looking forward to Destiny as it does have an mmo aspect to it as I see it and that's to play with multiple players.
    My only other experience of playing online was in Borderlands and that was farcical with the god guns and ninja looters.

No Defiance on the whole has been a good experience and has paved the way leading to Destiny.

That said I'm not giving up on Defiance, I still have 2 characters at ego 2, 000 and want to get them up to 5,500 at least so my Defiance/Destiny play time will be split.

I'm looking forward to it. I only wish I had more free time to play it. I had the same problem with Defiance too though. This is also the first time I've played a mmo/rpg leveling style game from the beginning, let alone playing the beta.
    Recruiting Here

PSN - greanteebox (Yes I play on PS3... ****)
    IGN - Copperpot

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Yaaay, not been banned yet...so i can post.

Definitely i`m very excited waiting for Destiny, the same way i was about Defiance.

The social aspect to me is just a vertent of the game, not beeing essential to me like it`s not in Defiance also, because i`m a Lone Wolf.
    But don`t get me wrong, i like to play with other people too but the liberty that these games gives us to choose how to play is what i like most.
    If i have people who i can play with, cool. If not, just for the pleasure of exploring the story and the "worlds" maps, also very cool.

Destiny has a lot more positives going for it than negatives, the social aspect of it does need a bit more work mostly for the end game raiding. Having a group/clan who are sharing knowledge and playing together might be essential for completing that vault of glass on hard mode. It is coming "soon".
    http://forums.defiance.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6099394&dateline=1366  511466
    Processor:AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.30GHz Motherboard:AsusTeK M4N98TD EVO Memory:Corsair DDR3 16GB (4X4GB sticks) Graphics:2X NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti 2GB in SLI mode OS:Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1

Quote Originally Posted by drackiller View Post
    Yaaay, not been banned yet...so i can post.

Definitely i`m very excited waiting for Destiny, the same way i was about Defiance.

The social aspect to me is just a vertent of the game, not beeing essential to me like it`s not in Defiance also, because i`m a Lone Wolf.
    But don`t get me wrong, i like to play with other people too but the liberty that these games gives us to choose how to play is what i like most.
    If i have people who i can play with, cool. If not, just for the pleasure of exploring the story and the "worlds" maps, also very cool.
    Same here. I mostly like to play alone simply because I enjoy playing at my own pace. Sometimes playing with others can be fun, and sometimes not. I look forward to playing with old & new friends alike on Tuesday with DESTINY

So who else is excited about Destiny coming out in a week for consoles...
    Yes. I am verrrr excite!

Destiny has a lot more positives going for it than negatives, the social aspect of it does need a bit more work mostly for the end game raiding. Having a group/clan who are sharing knowledge and playing together might be essential for completing that vault of glass on hard mode. It is coming "soon".
    I completely agree on the missing social aspect. Did they ever fix the chat in Defiance? When people ask me about similarities between the two I can really only say that they both carry very basic similarities which other games have. Loot, Ammo drops, minimal open world contact, public events. It's really hard to say what the full game will be like, though. They added more members to the raid/firefight team, which is good. Three is such an odd number. Defiance has a solid 4 for coop, which I think should be the minimum. I'm not sure what the maximum is for raid parties though.

Beyond those comparisons, I really don't see what people visualize as being similar. Ironically we found ourselves wishing more aspects were like Defiance. Ammo drops, especially for the secondary weapon, need to be increased. 14 mag for a sniper? Needs more ammo in my opinion. I would have killed for an ammo spike a few times. Prior to the chat breaking in defi, I would have loved to have that interaction in the Beta. I understand they were focusing on stability, but more people per map would have been fun as well.

Perks: I didn't feel the lag like with Defiance. Slight momentary phasing out of friends when traveling across maps, but otherwise you were able to see your friend AND their character. General Steve is a big issue to me. No sense in buying an outfit no one will see.

Since it was a Beta, many aspects were minimized (joining clan members) or accelerated (leveling up) to test the Beta. It's tough to make any sort of opinion on drop rates, weapons dropped, etc... based on this. Solid drop rate for armor/weapons, consumables in Beta. Not sure how they'll stack in the completed game.

I'm curious to see what Defiance will have to offer late September. My only advice to those thinking it's going to replace Defiance is to rethink their thought process unless it's a matter of a different time consuming game, and not a similar one. For instance, I absolutely LOVED Dragon Age: Origins. Countless hours of running around and listening to all the different dialogues. The game has too many pluses to list. Dragon Age 2 was a HUGE disappointment at first. I kept hoping for a continuation of DAO. Once I accepted that it's a different game, solid on it's own, I ended up enjoying it more.
    Platform: XBox 360 | Server: NA | Clan: Das Reboot
    Toons: Odessa (EGO 5881) | D1rk (EGO 5191) | C0r1nne (EGO 21xx) | Bella Dora (EGO 7xx) |