+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    According to Amazon, mine is "out for delivery"... can't wait to sign for that shipment here at work today!

Quote Originally Posted by MadNewb View Post
    So went and picked up my ghost copy. Im all excited to play get home boot up my xbox go to eject sniper elite 3 and it doesnt eject. My xbox one messed up now i have to send it in to get ix so i can just look at the destiny box for the next 2 to 3 weeks.
    ouch.

Recruiting Here

PSN - greanteebox (Yes I play on PS3... ****)
    IGN - Copperpot

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Sorry cr333p. . I think you will like this game when you get it back. me and my friends just played and welike it.

Seeing as the Bungie net is getting wonky here's the 27th code: X4C-FGX-MX3
    Enter it when you get the chance, its another emblem.
    GT: FTG Griffix
    Xbox Characters: Naomi Ryder and Denri Talak
    Clan: Dawn Patrol

PTS: Griffix
    PTS Characters: Naomi Ryder and Sage Winters

Thank you for the code. It worked. It said I have to pick it up at the vendor.

What's is a grimorie code?

I can't pick mine up until Wednesday. The anxiety grows.
    Player name: Alexis Hassinger | EGO:6000 | Clan:CRONUS | Platform: PC | NA
    Player name: Josh Firebrand | EGO:2100+ | Clan:CRONUS | Platform: PC | NA

Quote Originally Posted by Mia Faith View Post
    What's is a grimorie code?
    They are little trivial cards, they give you different bits of info on things ranging from enemies, to places, subclasses etc.

If you're in the group on Bungie net then you can see the other 25 (the 26th is if you went to E3).

Wow the reviews are not going Bungie's way. I still standby Destiny being the most overhyped game ever, after playing it, thinking this is it. Lackluster story telling, from a great storyteller Bungie This game was supposed to keep me interested for 10 years I'm not the only one. Stopped by Metacrittic to see the reactions from review sites, wow. Here are a few below. Top being the latest.

Digital Spy
    Tuesday 9 Sep

As for balancing - one of the main complaints I had with the alpha - the difficulty curve feels a little smoother. Enemies felt closer matched to my level, and were quicker to take down and more enjoyable to fight against as a result.

VideoGamer
    Tuesday 9 Sep

Destiny went live at 1:01pm yesterday. By 5:30 that same afternoon, having played quite a few missions and levelled my character up to 6, I was starting to think: is this it?

Eurogamer
    Tuesday 9 Sep

The level gap between players has been a bit of a problem with a few of us here, and even this early on people are feeling left behind and unable to really play alongside higher level characters.

Destructoid
    Tuesday 9 Sep

While I am enjoying myself for the most part on my path to Destiny's elaborate endgame, I have to say the journey so far hasn't been quite as spectacular as I initially hoped. ... So, how does it feel after roughly 10 hours of gameplay? Familiar. ... Where the game really thrives is PVP and layered missions like Strikes. ... Destiny has a lot of fun moving parts, but I'm unsure of the viability of the game lasting long term. Unless raids really work out and people continue to play PVP for months on end, I think players will trickle out before the next expansion DLC is set to launch.

GameRevolution
    Tuesday 9 Sep

While I'd like to see more of the game before laying it out on the line, Bungie has issued one of the deepest shooters you'll ever play.

USgamer
    Tuesday 9 Sep

It can be anything Bungie wants it to be. So... why didn't they make it something more gripping? They put so much care into the Halo universe and observed its fiction within the bounds of gameplay almost slavishly. Destiny has a story, too, but I don't care about any of it. ... I think Destiny is caught between Bungie wanting to tell a meaty story and Bungie not wanting to bother casual players with too much mandatory narrative. But the solution they arrived at — to tell a big and seemingly complex story without actually telling anything — really wasn't the optimal approach. Or even an acceptable one.

IGN
    Tuesday 9 Sep

I was surprised by the potential of the loot game in Destiny. It doesn't seem like it will have the kaleidoscopic variety of a Borderlands, but the various mods and upgrades that can be unlocked and purchased over time lead to some surprisingly interesting gear decisions to make.

GamesRadar
    Tuesday 9 Sep

Good news. Shooting--ie. the thing that you'll be doing most of--feels great. Character handling is fluid yet weighty, gunshots are supremely satisfying, and the environments--enclosed or otherwise--offer a ton of inspiration for improvisational combat. ... A few hours in, I'm becoming increasingly aware that I'm only skating on a very large surface. Exploring The Tower, Destiny's safe, trading area, the magnitude of what's really going on here is starting to dawn upon me.

GameSpot
    Tuesday 9 Sep

So in the most mechanical respects, Destiny feels absolutely fantastic. ... As for the loot, the story, and world-building, the jury is still out, or if I want to be more appropriate, this particular jury of one has a ways to go before he knows where he stands. For now, however, Destiny has the look and feel of a big-budget shooter, and the structure of a lean, loot-driven role-playing game, a combination that Borderlands popularized, and Destiny greatly refines. At the same time, I have gone through these motions before, and I am looking forward to that moment when Destiny's excellent mechanics are released into combat scenarios that rise to their greatness.

Metro GameCentral
    Tuesday 9 Sep

It's an indication of just how enjoyable Destiny's core gameplay is that the other problems don't really register as more than minor irritations. But for the record we're also a little concerned that there's not much reason to explore the game world other than to find loot chests and dead ghosts. ... What we can say at the moment though is that despite the unusual circumstances of the review we're already enjoying ourselves as much as any other game this year.

Source:
    http://www.metacritic.com/feature/de...d-observations
    <a href=http://forums.defiance.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4953650&dateline=1398711499 target=_blank>http://forums.defiance.com/image.php...ine=1398711499</a>
    Xbox Live GT's & IGN

DemonizedVenom
    &
    V E l7 0 lVl

From clan

Waisted

Never trust day 1 reviews. Its highly unlikely that they've explored everything and done everything you could. I HIGHLY doubt that Defiance got many good reviews day 1 when servers wouldn't even connect....

As for Defiance reviews:
    As a huge science-fiction nerd and a fan of shooters, I went in really wanting to like Defiance and its new universe. Thing is, it’s just not very good. Rare well-designed quests are overshadowed by a host of others that feel phoned in, and though the fundamentals of shooting are competent, weak enemy AI makes the PvE combat a bore. Respectable PvP combat goes a long way, but especially when the performance issues rear their ugly head, it's not far enough to make Defiance a recommendable experience.
    -IGN (5.5 out of 10)
    Metacritic score: 64

Constant notices that you have unlocked new co-op missions even though they were long ago unlocked. Mission progress lost and weapons gone missing. Frequent server downtimes. A messy interface that buries options in menus within menus. These are some of the obstacles you must circumvent to enjoy Defiance to its fullest, and even then, nothing Defiance does is best in class. Yet it has that special spark that ignites the desire to press forward. Defiance's merely acceptable systems are deftly assembled in a way that allows you to spread your proverbial wings and offer your gun-wielding talents to those who need you most. Much like its own arkfalls, Defiance offers treasure, but you have to battle an array of bugs before you can reap it.
    -Gamespot (Score 6.5)
    I still have high hopes that developer Trion Worlds can salvage the PC version of Defiance, but the future doesn't look as promising for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions. There are a number of technical and infrastructure issues hampering the console ports of the title. Defiance has been lauded by its creators as a true, cross-platform online experience, but it's really a perfect showcase of just how much current-gen consoles have aged.

Defiance's console ports suffer the same problems their PC counterpart launched with, only magnified by several degrees. Pop-in and slow-loading character textures are worsened, making zooming down broken highways a chore due to obstructions which appear seconds after you've collided with them. Your character will get stuck in more objects. Your AI companions will get hung up on more mission objectives.

Server instability has also been a serious problem on the console ports - though this is one area that's been improved with updates to the title. The disconnections and server downtimes that plagued the console versions of Defiance (particularly on 360) have been greatly remedied with patches, though the game still lags when multiple player characters are on screen.

In its transition to consoles, Defiance has lost the speed that both defined and redeemed the PC version. Its framerate crawls in public dynamic events, but even when you're flying solo, it never feels especially smooth. Paired with lag (both of the input and network varieties), shooting a moving target is a far more taxing process on consoles.

Maybe the fast pace I appreciated so much in the PC version will be restored with patches and updates, but it seems unlikely. As it stands now, the game moves just a little too slow on consoles, giving the player ample time to soak in Defiance's other niggling flaws.
    -Polygon (Score 6.5)

Now can we stop with the bashing of both games? They. Are. Games. People will like them, people will hate them and people will not care for them. Great. Now stop wishing for a game to go down in flames just to "prove a point" or whatever the hell is being done. If someone likes Destiny then great. If someone likes Defiance that's great too. If someone likes both then that's great. Why is it such a big damn issue to be excited for a game?
    Gloating over a game, wishing one would go down or whatever is BAD. Its very bad. Why would you wish that? That's like hoping someone would die because you don't like how they act now. Hope that Defiance gets better, in the meanwhile play Destiny/Warframe/Mass Effect/Shovel Knight or whatever you like and when you come back hope things got better.

Defiance. It could use quite a bit of tuning up. It has a lot of potential. The only way it'll go down is if management takes it down. I loved it. A lot of people loved it despite its flaws but it has been going downhill with some of the implementations. Could they fix it? Likely. Are they trying? Hopefully.

Destiny. The game JUST RELEASED. I doubt much of anyone has combed over every single little bit of every map, tried all the PvP, done the Vault of Glass (I know for certain no one has) and have done all the strikes. It didn't have the best start but realistically it was to be expected to be rocky.