+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I got codes for I think 15 of the cards from a clan member. Also codes for some other stuff.

Original 17:
    1. YKA-RJG-MH9
    2. 3DA-P4X-F6A
    3. MVD-4N3-NKH
    4. TCN-HCD-TGY
    5. HDX-ALM-V4K
    6. 473-MXR-3X9
    7. JMR-LFN-4A3
    8. HC3-H44-DKC
    9. 69P-KRM-JJA
    10. 69P-VCH-337
    11. 69R-CKD-X7L
    12. 69R-DDD-FCP
    13. 69R-F99-AXG
    14. 69R-VL7-J6A
    15. 69X-DJN-74V
    16. 6A7-7NP-3X7
    17. 6A9-DTG-YGN

Emblems - These are emblems from unboxed Limited Editions and the Destiny Planet Viewer site:
    7F9-767-F74 - Sign of the Finite
    FJ9-LAM-67F - Binding Focus
    JD7-4CM-HJG - Illusion of Light
    JDT-NLC-JKM - Ab Aeterno
    JNX-DMH-XLA - Field of Light
    7CP-94V-LFP - Lone Focus, Jagged Edge

2 Shaders
    7MM-VPD-MHP - Double Banshee
    RXC-9XJ-4MH - Oracle 99
    GT: FTG Griffix
    Xbox Characters: Naomi Ryder and Denri Talak
    Clan: Dawn Patrol

PTS: Griffix
    PTS Characters: Naomi Ryder and Sage Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Mia Faith View Post
    Sorry cr33p.
    Sorry for what? I got my copy of the game yesterday and I stayed up MUCH too late last night/this morning playing it. It's going to be multiple cup of coffee day for me today!

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Menov View Post
    Wow the reviews are not going Bungie's way. I still standby Destiny being the most overhyped game ever, after playing it, thinking this is it. Lackluster story telling, from a great storyteller Bungie This game was supposed to keep me interested for 10 years I'm not the only one. Stopped by Metacrittic to see the reactions from review sites, wow. Here are a few below. Top being the latest.

Digital Spy
    Tuesday 9 Sep

As for balancing - one of the main complaints I had with the alpha - the difficulty curve feels a little smoother. Enemies felt closer matched to my level, and were quicker to take down and more enjoyable to fight against as a result.

VideoGamer
    Tuesday 9 Sep

Destiny went live at 1:01pm yesterday. By 5:30 that same afternoon, having played quite a few missions and levelled my character up to 6, I was starting to think: is this it?

Eurogamer
    Tuesday 9 Sep

The level gap between players has been a bit of a problem with a few of us here, and even this early on people are feeling left behind and unable to really play alongside higher level characters.

Destructoid
    Tuesday 9 Sep

While I am enjoying myself for the most part on my path to Destiny's elaborate endgame, I have to say the journey so far hasn't been quite as spectacular as I initially hoped. ... So, how does it feel after roughly 10 hours of gameplay? Familiar. ... Where the game really thrives is PVP and layered missions like Strikes. ... Destiny has a lot of fun moving parts, but I'm unsure of the viability of the game lasting long term. Unless raids really work out and people continue to play PVP for months on end, I think players will trickle out before the next expansion DLC is set to launch.

GameRevolution
    Tuesday 9 Sep

While I'd like to see more of the game before laying it out on the line, Bungie has issued one of the deepest shooters you'll ever play.

USgamer
    Tuesday 9 Sep

It can be anything Bungie wants it to be. So... why didn't they make it something more gripping? They put so much care into the Halo universe and observed its fiction within the bounds of gameplay almost slavishly. Destiny has a story, too, but I don't care about any of it. ... I think Destiny is caught between Bungie wanting to tell a meaty story and Bungie not wanting to bother casual players with too much mandatory narrative. But the solution they arrived at — to tell a big and seemingly complex story without actually telling anything — really wasn't the optimal approach. Or even an acceptable one.

IGN
    Tuesday 9 Sep

I was surprised by the potential of the loot game in Destiny. It doesn't seem like it will have the kaleidoscopic variety of a Borderlands, but the various mods and upgrades that can be unlocked and purchased over time lead to some surprisingly interesting gear decisions to make.

GamesRadar
    Tuesday 9 Sep

Good news. Shooting--ie. the thing that you'll be doing most of--feels great. Character handling is fluid yet weighty, gunshots are supremely satisfying, and the environments--enclosed or otherwise--offer a ton of inspiration for improvisational combat. ... A few hours in, I'm becoming increasingly aware that I'm only skating on a very large surface. Exploring The Tower, Destiny's safe, trading area, the magnitude of what's really going on here is starting to dawn upon me.

GameSpot
    Tuesday 9 Sep

So in the most mechanical respects, Destiny feels absolutely fantastic. ... As for the loot, the story, and world-building, the jury is still out, or if I want to be more appropriate, this particular jury of one has a ways to go before he knows where he stands. For now, however, Destiny has the look and feel of a big-budget shooter, and the structure of a lean, loot-driven role-playing game, a combination that Borderlands popularized, and Destiny greatly refines. At the same time, I have gone through these motions before, and I am looking forward to that moment when Destiny's excellent mechanics are released into combat scenarios that rise to their greatness.

Metro GameCentral
    Tuesday 9 Sep

It's an indication of just how enjoyable Destiny's core gameplay is that the other problems don't really register as more than minor irritations. But for the record we're also a little concerned that there's not much reason to explore the game world other than to find loot chests and dead ghosts. ... What we can say at the moment though is that despite the unusual circumstances of the review we're already enjoying ourselves as much as any other game this year.

Source:
    http://www.metacritic.com/feature/de...d-observations
    The same could be said of Defiance reviews then & especially now--if it was reviewed in its current state. Granted, not every player will enjoy Destiny & vice versa, and thats ok. I enjoy both & will continue to play both, but yes, right now Destiny has more of my attention & playtime since it just launched & came out. Its certainly possible players will eventually tire of it & move on to something else, just as they have with this game. Nothing wrong with that. If players want to be tied to a sinking ship like this "D", this fine too For the moment, some of us players are enjoying the other "D" which has yet to disappoint...yet..but to each his own. Play nice & enjoy

Destiny is Boring (imo) copy already on ebay

for shmitty
    Recruiting Here

PSN - greanteebox (Yes I play on PS3... ****)
    IGN - Copperpot

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Sorry cr33p. I thought you that said their xbox broke and you had to wait for it to get fixed but it was the other person.

Quote Originally Posted by hype View Post
    Destiny is Boring (imo) copy already on ebay
    Yours and many others, Amazon & eBay are flooded with used copies.

There is no innovation, nothing we haven't seen before. It looks great, playability is good, but lackluster in storytelling and it's co op game with little RPG elements. Not a MMO, oh you say social hub; give me a break.

Above comments, plus media coverage leading upto release and comments from some devs and publishers, made this game out to be the 1 all beats all. OVERHYPED - this is how I feel from 13+ hours put in to playing this Diablo-esque gameplay style with Sci-Fi backdrop. This is a good game, boring after awhile, not seeing the 10 year cycle they have planned for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by ChewyG2007 View Post
    The same could be said of Defiance
    Now stop with the comparisons of Destiny with any MMORPG's, this has little to no aspects of Massive players killing things together at all. Although it does have some, limited, RPG elements. If your going to compare Destiny to any game type, there is none, this is it's only unique quality. It's a Co-op + 1 - this is what I call it. If I was forced to compare it with games I have played with most similarities or a mixture of 2, I would say Diablo with a dash of Mass Effect 3.

All in all Destiny is the new hipster game out and is good, just not what I expected it to be, due to all the media hype the game received. I don't regret buying it, just expected more from Bungie. I just wanted their great storytelling they were acknowledged for in their previous game franchise Halo.
    <a href=http://forums.defiance.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4953650&dateline=1398711499 target=_blank>http://forums.defiance.com/image.php...ine=1398711499</a>
    Xbox Live GT's & IGN

DemonizedVenom
    &
    V E l7 0 lVl

From clan

Waisted

We've only seen the 2 days. Some people like it, some people hate it and some are on the fence. Same could be said with a lot of games. The main thing is how it goes from here, we should be getting a weekly update at some point.

Did you bother to read what Chewy was saying? What Chewy was saying with "The same could be said of Defiance" is the fact you post a bunch of 'negative' reviews about Destiny trying to make it sound bad and that few will actually play it; the same could be said of Defiance by which there are plenty of negative reviews (none exceeded 70%) yet people still play this game some even love it. So when the time comes and they bore of a game then they simply move on, whether it be Defiance or it be Destiny.

Another thing. I wouldn't base an entire game off the first day. If they did that with Defiance I doubt it'd still be going. People kept with it and its still running. As it is, the 16th should prove interesting for Destiny. I know you say that you don't regret the game but you make it seem like you absolutely loathe it.
    GT: FTG Griffix
    Xbox Characters: Naomi Ryder and Denri Talak
    Clan: Dawn Patrol

PTS: Griffix
    PTS Characters: Naomi Ryder and Sage Winters