+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I live in a Twiztid and tormented mind, keep out.

so Destiny launches tonight and a lot of folks will leave. what then?

I know that a lot of Arkhunters have been rubbing their hands together and waiting patiently for Destiny to drop so they can leave Defiance once and for all.
    Well, I say : "yay, great for you - I hope that you all enjoy yourselves and please do us a favor : don't come back telling us how wonderful it is because Destiny has It's own forum that you can visit."
    Thanks in advance.
    I have seen too many "the end is near" and "the countdown to the death of Defiance" and yadda yadda threads already.
    It isn't cute.
    It is cool to be excited about a game and why not? There are a lot of things to be excited about.
    Posting threads about how Defiance is done as of tomorrow and whatever just makes folks come off like a d0uch3 in my opinion.

Now having said that, I ask Trion: with a lot of Arkhunters leaving for Destiny - what is going to happen with Defiance and how are you going to make THIS game more attractive to players, to make them come and to make them stay?

(Just my opinions. If you get pissed off, that's your right. I have a right to my own opinion.)

"THIS FATAL CIRCUS needs a few less clowns...."
    GT: CRIXDA CLAN: DAWN PATROL
    "Have Cool, Will Travel"
    DAWN PATROL every saturday A.M., Run and Gun on XBL NA!

Quote Originally Posted by CRIXDA View Post
    I know that a lot of Arkhunters have been rubbing their hands together and waiting patiently for Destiny to drop so they can leave Defiance once and for all.
    Well, I say : "yay, great for you - I hope that you all enjoy yourselves and please do us a favor : don't come back telling us how wonderful it is because Destiny has It's own forum that you can visit."
    Thanks in advance.
    I have seen too many "the end is near" and "the countdown to the death of Defiance" and yadda yadda threads already.
    It isn't cute.
    It is cool to be excited about a game and why not? There are a lot of things to be excited about.
    Posting threads about how Defiance is done as of tomorrow and whatever just makes folks come off like a d0uch3 in my opinion.

Now having said that, I ask Trion: with a lot of Arkhunters leaving for Destiny - what is going to happen with Defiance and how are you going to make THIS game more attractive to players, to make them come and to make them stay?

(Just my opinions. If you get pissed off, that's your right. I have a right to my own opinion.)
    if the "pm" i got as a response recently is accurate,then in a month or two,give or take abit,there should be some rather unexpected things showing up

finally killed warmaster once,7/13/2014,twice on 7/15/2014,again on 9/8/2014

Quote Originally Posted by PhantasieTrion View Post
    Hi Moof........
    [*]We gave out the Defiant Few Recon Gear Outfit for free via a code.[*]Once that code expires for all regions, we will enable both the outfit and the helmet on the Defiant Few Vendor in game. (just like how we tested that event on PTS several weeks ago).

--Phantasie
    i did it for us!i did it!

PC NA - GunDownGrace - Cronus

Agree whole heartedly as I said in previous topic: Leave Already
    Quote Originally Posted by Menov View Post
    I cant wait for all you "This is the end of Defiance" peeps to shut the #@$% up and leave. Good riddance. Destiny is not MMO in any way and will never have the mechanics that we all love in Defiance, that's why all you are still here now.
    Don't let the door hit you in the A.. on they way out.
    <a href=http://forums.defiance.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4953650&dateline=1398711499 target=_blank>http://forums.defiance.com/image.php...ine=1398711499</a>
    Xbox Live GT's & IGN

DemonizedVenom
    &
    V E l7 0 lVl

From clan

Waisted

I think for a lot of people, this forum is more than just a DEFIANCE forum. We come here like it's social media. I understand some threads are created for attention, but others (like anything I post hopefully) are just because I like people here. These people share common interests with me and we've become acquainted with each other. But, for all the other bullshtako that goes on, I understand your opinion.
    Recruiting Here

PSN - greanteebox (Yes I play on PS3... ****)
    IGN - Copperpot

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

I hope with less people I can use my mic now and people can really hear me. Not just 1 or 2 people. and I hope I don't have invisible people shooting at me. And when I drive I don't run into a invisible wall or truck or person shooting at me. And I hope when I drive I don't have my car disappear and I fall on the ground and then have someone shooting me. O and I hope I can play for more than a half hour before Getting disconnected. I told some friends at school I play this game so i don't want then to get mad at me when they try it.

What then? If it's anything like all the all other times games have launched since Defiance came out, it's gonna be a big nothing. Some people will go play whatever game they want to play and some will play Defiance. No big deal.
    1.05 shotgun mag boost? REALLY?
    PC/NA&EU, too many toons to list.
    "If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."- Jayne Cobb.
    "Daredevil"

what about pc users, they can't play that new game at least for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by moof View Post
    if the "pm" i got as a response recently is accurate,then in a month or two,give or take abit,there should be some rather unexpected things showing up
    Lets hope so...because most everything so far has been lackluster & a total letdown, especially Silicon Valley (and a few other things) I've played Defiance since day one with season pass & have stuck with all the shatko in the hopes it will get better, but it hasnt. Only time will tell

blah, back to defiance. For the people who say defiance sucks, stay over at destiny and don't come back alright

The "I'm leaving for Destiny but staying until it's out" thing never quite sat right with me anyway. I mean, if you dislike a game enough to say "screw it," then why purposely stay around extra time playing a game you no longer like just because another game you're looking forwards to isn't out yet?

Isn't that like saying, "I'm going to become a vegetarian. I HATE meat. Meat makes me sick. I throw it up every time I eat it. BUT . . . because my favorite veggies are not in season yet, I'm going to keep eating meat until I get me some nice carrots in a month or two" . . . .?

I, for one, will be spending more time with Destiny probably than with Defiance for a while, but given Defiance's lack of pursuits to create constant goals to push toward, I'll probably still be back to Defiance for at least a few minutes each day to grab up the daily/weekly rewards and pop over to a Tarr crate and Defiant Few tag to keep picking up the last few things I want from that vendor. By the time I do, surely there will be new pursuits to . . . uhm . . . pursue, and I'll spend more time with Defiance again.

Gaming isn't a zero sum game. Liking one doesn't mean you can't like the other, just as giving up one does not require immediately moving to another. People take gaming way too seriously sometimes.