+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Matron, Progenitor, and Hellion have had their health increased during arkfalls.*

*The Matron and Progenitor seem OK, the Progenitor had enough HP to begin with but its not too bad. The Matron was always a joke, glad to see she got a boost.

But I really think you need to adjust the Hellion down a bit, you turned a fun fight into a grind match and sadly took the fun out of it while doing it. Or keep it the same and get rid of the bio-hellbugs and switch them out with something else.

must have missed the patch notes on that change...

Quote Originally Posted by JEMINAI View Post
    must have missed the patch notes on that change...
    They were there, I think initial calculations for complexity vs fun-ness were incorrect.

Hi Guys

FWIW, we had this change on PTS for awhile and asked for feedback before it went live (link here).

And dont forget that along with increasing the health, we also increased their rewards (link here)

• The following arkfall bosses have had their kill score values increased:
    Hellbug Matron
    Hellbug Hellion Larva
    Mature Hellbug Hellion
    Scrapper Progenitor
    Dark Matter Monolith
    Arkbreak Gulanee
    Note: This change was made to correspondingly compensate for an earlier PTS change increasing their health (and was also requested by the community)

That said, if the consensus is that it is now too high, I don't mind us re-evaluating it.

Let us know!

--Phantasie

Quote Originally Posted by PhantasieTrion View Post
    That said, if the consensus is that it is now too high, I don't mind us re-evaluating it.

Let us know!
    Did the monolith last night - it was tough, but I didn't find it particularly grindy, apart from in relation to the small reward for the extra time... hint, hint!

The increased health is only making them tougher which I don't mind but I don't even see a point in doing any of these because of the small rewards. The rewards would have to be truly increased for me to go back to ark falls because a few keys and a little ark forge and a few blues for 30k+ score in 30-40 min of playing is a waste of time in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantasieTrion View Post
    If anything, I think the Progenitor could use just a bit more. Everything else seems good to me, though.
    PC NA characters: Market & Yanna Walkingbear
    XBox NA character retired.

PTS Reviews on Defiance Data!

"You must understand, young Hobbit, it takes a long time to say anything in Old Entish. And we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say."

I've just shot at a Hellion for ten minutes and got one arkforge. Consider me unimpressed.
    Kanah / 5891 / PC-EU / BOB

Their health is still very low. All arkfall bosses health should be increased by at least 300-400% more (or maybe rescale threat levels). Excluding monolith - it is ok now.
    Russian Bear Rage incoming on PC NA.

Quote Originally Posted by superstorm View Post
    Their health is still very low. All arkfall bosses health should be increased by at least 300-400% more (or maybe rescale threat levels). Excluding monolith - it is ok now.
    Ummm no. Public raids shouldn't be annoying, they should be fun. The Hellion is no longer fun. Unless your idea of fun is fighting off waves and waves of HB Hunters and HB Warriors for close to an hour for a small award.

They swung the HP pendulum from extremely low to extremely high, now they need to let it swing back down to middle high for it to be right.