+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tiny rant about volge

Other day I tried to gather people up for a Mutant District Siege. Wasn't exactly spamming but a as they called themselves a "vet" working on their 3rd character said we're scrubs and shouldn't spam zone for people. So, little rant here but umm kindly explain to me without asking for help in zone chat or letting people know we're trying to gather a bunch of people how would one gather people up? Aside from that as a vet they should know there is a neat little button when you inspect someone called "mute"..

Okay just a little more venting the BS going on, why is it everytime we try to get something going someone always tries to screw it up? Gathered people today...grant it was bath house. and yea I know that it always seems to spawn 1 under the ground but why in the blue hell would some kid go ahead and start it when we're trying to get more people? Same BS happens every single f'in time..

I'm sure others run into this but the BS gets old. I see what the older players had to deal with when it came to breaking locks now but damn. It's gotten to the point I'm just going to start telling people at Volge incursions to get the f.. out so, I can finish my pursuit so I don't have to deal with them anymore.

End of rant. add yours if you want, does seem to help get rid of the headache.
    PC - NA Character Annouke and Annoukie

Shadow Consortium Clan
    Recruiting on original Defiance

im trying to get defiant few weekly thing done but cant find the ones needed a ark volge i cant remember the other 2 but i saw somewhere that the ark volge shows up at threat level 10 but i was in threat level 13 and it didnt show up

Quote Originally Posted by badbat111 View Post
    im trying to get defiant few weekly thing done but cant find the ones needed a ark volge i cant remember the other 2 but i saw somewhere that the ark volge shows up at threat level 10 but i was in threat level 13 and it didnt show up
    Not sure it that was a rant or question but that shows up at TL10 Volge Siege / incursion normally around Stage 3-4. Also, can spawn at the road side volge stuff too just forget which ones exactly but needs to be threat level 9-10

Shadow Consortium Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Annouke View Post
    Not sure it that was a rant or question but that shows up at TL10 Volge Siege / incursion normally around Stage 3-4. Also, can spawn at the road side volge stuff too just forget which ones exactly but needs to be threat level 9-10
    9 to 10 ? i thought it was 10 or higher how do you crank threat level up ? i always seem to be 1 unless theres people near by

For a siege any 2 5300 ish ego players = auto threat level 10. Incursion requires more people. Same goes for the road side stuff unless part of incursion (smaller yellow circle) it just takes 2 high ego players to make it 10.

Shadow Consortium Clan

Quote Originally Posted by badbat111 View Post
    TL only goes up to 10, but TL 9 will get you those top-tier enemies. If you keep an eye out for either the San Fran Incursion (ends with the Volge at the Bathhouse), The Quarry, or North Point, there are frequently enough people at those to get up to TL9 if not 10. You'll get your Ark Viscera in just a few waves of the final fight, if not at one of the Emergencies leading up to it.

For the Omnivolt, keep checking your map for a Scrapper Major Arkfall. When you find one, call out in Zone with something like "If anyone else needs a Scrapper Omnivolt for the DF Contract, there's a major going on at (location)". I did this a few hours ago and I'd guess at least 15 people showed up to it.

As for the Mutant Grenadier/Minigunner, watch for the Mount Tam Incursion. This one ends up at Serenity Academy, but several of the Emergencies leading up to it will include the target in question. Again, you'll need to make up at least a TL9. Call it out in Zone, I'm sure you're not the only one looking for that contract and they're likely waiting for the right event just as you are.

Alternatively, you can get a group together and run Horseshoe Bay. It's a Conflict Site not too far North of Bug N Chug. The site ends with a Grenadier. If you start the instance and you're not at a TL9, hit Zone for more people. Generally speaking, people won't chastise you for it. Especially if you're asking for other people who need that contract.

Good hunting!
    PC NA characters: Market & Yanna Walkingbear
    XBox NA character retired.

PTS Reviews on Defiance Data!

"You must understand, young Hobbit, it takes a long time to say anything in Old Entish. And we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say."

There is nothing wrong in saying / announcing an event in zone chat. Spamming more than 3 times / 5 minutes might get annoying for some people.

From my experience you cannot get level 10 this way. You need at least a couple of friends/clanmembers to start with. If you are on PC / EU I can take you. We organize a siege every 2 days or so. We always get to lvl 10- 13.

At bathouse there is one who spamms underground at stage 9. We managed to kill him once with explosive and swords. Doesn't work all the time, though. But you can try it , in the lack of better alternatives.

Just ignore any high level that says you shouldn't use zone chat - they're just being elitist.

Compared to some of the cr@p I see spoken in chat, asking for assistance in something is normal.

I often pop in to an event to bring the TL up for someone, Kenn Farm being a popular place to get tankers, for instance.

Do your thang!

Not every vet knows what they're talking about, or they don't know how things work nowadays. They probably got the Volge stage 10 pursuit complete back when it was an easy checkmark. It's nearly impossible now unless there's zone chat and/or large clan coordination.

Quote Originally Posted by alienstookmybeer View Post
    Not every vet knows what they're talking about, or they don't know how things work nowadays. They probably got the Volge stage 10 pursuit complete back when it was an easy checkmark. It's nearly impossible now unless there's zone chat and/or large clan coordination.
    +1 to this too many people talk out there ***.
    EGO - 5900
    PC-NA Character Name - Dod, Account Name - ironcladtrash