+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Threat Scaling Crock

While at a non-active synthesizer, the first player there was EGO 3804 with a threat of 4. A second player of EGO 4977 arrived and the threat went to 5. A third player of EGO 1357 arrived putting the threat at 10. Obviously the threat formula still needs fixing. Many conflict sites still need better play balance. The same applies to conflict sites, especially Sutro Tower and Trolley Graveyard. The battles there are ridiculous for the miniscule reward.

Not so use better tactics like change guns or perks . those levels that you mentioned can handle those enemies. players NEED to step up your game.

When you are a low level player in a high threat area you need to take advantage of it. You can level weapons at an increased rate when it is such. Like mingo said, "use better tactics," like taking higher ground, using cover, dropping spikes for yourself and higher levels to use so the event goes quicker. You get points for helping the higher level players with your spikes. It all adds up.

Oh, and you might not see your name at the top of the scoreboard, but in the end you'll make a higher score than if you soloed the event by yourself. And remember, all you need to do is hit each mob with one shot to get an additional assisting score .

Edited for mistake.
    IGT: Brindled 5800+ PC-NA / 5700+ PC-EU

"The mongoose I want under the house when the snake slithers by.”

it takes time for it to register sometimes, occasionally one can be alone with tl 10 for a while.
    GT: Dan0245
    Xbox One: North America

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaREDBLACKS View Post
    it takes time for it to register sometimes, occasionally one can be alone with tl 10 for a while.
    Also nearby only shows people that are right next to you. The people that showed up may be at the other side of the event, so they won't show on radar or in the nearby list. However they are at the event so it raises the Tl.
    Support me in Extralife

Xbox Gt and Defiance Character (Na): Atticus Batman
    DEFIANCE CLAN: DAWN PATROL(forum page)

(Azrael Batman) Clan: Nuclear Elite (EU)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    That's because Batman is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOz View Post
    As usual Batman is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaQkarri View Post
    Because Batman is ALWAYS RIGHT!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper2662 View Post
    Batman is boss. He will never lose because he is the best. That's that. Oh yeeeah

Quote Originally Posted by xxxxmingoxxxx View Post
    Not so use better tactics like change guns or perks . those levels that you mentioned can handle those enemies. players NEED to step up your game.
    Better tactics/weapons/perks can only compensate so much. Even MacArthur can get overwhelmed. The spawn timers for next waves do not change with threat level. It is easy to get a screen full of red dots because they can't be killed as fast. When 40+ Dark Matter are parked in front of the hub with a couple Bulwarks hatching it, I do not care what weapons/perks/tactics you have or how smart a player thinks he is. You can eventually win, but after a long time of agony or give up and leave. That is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Arglemesh View Post
    Better tactics/weapons/perks can only compensate so much...
    First, during sieges wave do not complete before you kill each and every enemy in current wave. Second during DM events the best tactics is not to run around like an idiot, but to guard green boosters, to boost yourself and to prevent enemies boost. Though, if you are along it makes you to run like idiot between boosters.
    Speaking about tactics, one may always back off a bit and snipe from distance. TL does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubber View Post
    First, during sieges wave do not complete before you kill each and every enemy in current wave. Second during DM events the best tactics is not to run around like an idiot, but to guard green boosters, to boost yourself and to prevent enemies boost. Though, if you are along it makes you to run like idiot between boosters.
    Speaking about tactics, one may always back off a bit and snipe from distance. TL does not matter.

You can't always back off and snipe if you have to maintain a certain objective active. TL does matter. 3-4 head shots vs. 1 at low threat levels.

I generally do not have issues with sieges/arkfalls. I am mainly concerned about events where waves continuously spawn at small time intervals until a timer event expires. Often this timer experiences an interrupt caused by npcs. If you wish the event to end, you have to get in there and restart the mechanism. Decoy only works so much if you are the only one with it. Cloak only lets you get close but is worthless while activating the mechanism. These events do not draw the number of people in arkfalls/sieges but just draw enough to screw up things.

Oh come on guys, the PvE mobs in this game is already too easy compared to ANY other MMO's i have played.

on other games you may even die 20 or more times trying to kill a boss or mini boss that is over your level.
    which in Defiance a boss even with TL10 is only 250 Ego above you (you get boosted to 4750) and is easy cheese, even elites are like normal mobs. just use the "right" weapons with correct useful stats, and keep it close to your ego level.

It took me a bit over 2 weeks to get 5k+ ego , in some MMO's it takes 10 months even if you play 8+ hours a day !
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Thank you Kiwibird you are the best !

J8- SkyneT [Team Evolution] ←Join us on PC / NA

Quote Originally Posted by J8 Sky View Post
    Oh come on guys, the PvE mobs in this game is already too easy compared to ANY other MMO's i have played.

on other games you may even die 20 or more times trying to kill a boss or mini boss that is over your level.
    which in Defiance a boss even with TL10 is only 250 Ego above you (you get boosted to 4750) and is easy cheese, even elites are like normal mobs. just use the "right" weapons with correct useful stats, and keep it close to your ego level.

It took me a bit over 2 weeks to get 5k+ ego , in some MMO's it takes 10 months even if you play 8+ hours a day !
    Actually, I believe I read on a different thread where the TL10 mobs were scaled to 6k. I may be wrong here, but it seems a bit more accurate.

If I'm wrong, I apologize for misinformation.

However, I do agree with the rest of your post. Defiance as it stands now is extremely easy. Much different than when I started.