+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best nano for enemy types

I have various SMGs/ARs with different nanos , which nano (including no nano) would you choose to use against the various types of enemies ? For example, bio for volge, fire for bug. No switching allowed, only a single nano per enemy.

Before all the mathematicians start posting statistics and stuff, here are my personal preferences based on no scientific data whatsoever:

Fire - Afflicted (zombies) because they burn so well

Bio - Warmaster, and I guess Volge , because I find the bio eats through their armor nicely

Electricity - Raiders, because it can make large groups of them dance and not attack me!

Syphon - All, if I'm feeling particularly vulnerable and want to suck the energy out of my enemies!

Rad - Huh, I guess I don't use rad that much, but it is nice u can buy a mod for it at a vendor (as you can fire), so maybe if u can't get bio, its a good armor eating substitute!

I really like the new EGO perks that increase the armor and health damages of the nano weapons (except syphon), as it makes them more effective.
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.

William Shakespeare

Belle Starr is on PC/NA. Her story is on the Defiance RP Forum http://defiancerpforum.freeforums.net/ & Belle Starr Short Stories on Defiance Data! It's a FUN read! If you see her patrolling the highways and byways of Paradise in her white Challenger, say howdy!

I use radiation on everything.

Statistically: {as discussed in another thread several months ago}

Bio - if all you're worried about is dropping shields
    Incendiary - for health
    Radiation - for both health and shields. Also to boost others that are shooting same target.
    Electric - works great against 99'ers and their shields.
    Syphon - has been nerfed to near uselessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Aingeal View Post
    I use radiation on everything.

Statistically: {as discussed in another thread several months ago}

Bio - if all you're worried about is dropping shields
    Incendiary - for health
    Radiation - for both health and shields. Also to boost others that are shooting same target.
    Electric - works great against 99'ers and their shields.
    Syphon - has been nerfed to near uselessness.
    ^^^ Agree 97% ^^^
    1.05 shotgun mag boost? REALLY?
    PC/NA&EU, too many toons to list.
    "If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."- Jayne Cobb.
    "Daredevil"

If you use a single weapon than radiation is the best. I can show math /test results but might be too boring / not so interesting to follow. If you group for events then:

Bio - Volge / Arkfalls
    Fire - Afflicted / Arkfalls
    Electrical - No use
    Syphon - No use
    Rad - WM ,PvP, does good damage vs all units overall

Even for shielded units, rad will do almost the same damage as electrical (5% difference). But once the shield is gone electrical becomes weak and rad keeps "its power". Electrical is useful only vs Vishera and only if you have someone in your team that uses bio. Then it's more powerful than rad.

All suggestions take into account Threat level 10 and greater ego than 4000. For lower egos syphon might be good to stay alive. Although I never bothered with it since you have a lot of damage penalty with it.

I must have Bio on almost all my weapons except the Wildcat because it comes with Radiation and some assault rifle.

Bio is as good as Radiation in my opinion, but they work differently and depends on taste...

Bio for more utility: takes off their armor plates, slows them down and makes enemies proc'ed to deal less damage (best against threat 10 robots/Bulwarks),

Radiation makes proc'ed enemies to recieve 25%+ damage from everyone shooting at it and your weapon ignores 2 armor plates itself. (best against "elites"/Bosses)

Having a Bio weapon lets you equip another grenade that isn't Bio. For example Shrill grenade. And viceversa (that's my playstyle anyway)

As for the other nanos, Fire is great against bosses and high crit weapons like sniper rifles/Wolfhound because a crit shot will always ignore their armor plates and you will make a guaranteed 50%+ damage on the target.

As for Electric... it has to be the most underpowered nano effect in my opinion, sure it's fun to chain stun enemies but you make half the damage to almost all enemies excluded Volge and 99ers shields.

And Syphon... well , it can be a life saver for a new player overwhelmed of T10 enemies... nothing else really. Plus you have 1/4 weapon damage cut everytime.

Plain weapon is meh as well in my opinion, sure it gives the weapon more base damage (5/10/20%) depending on nano but it doesn't give do any extra effect on the enemies.

Also if you have the DLCs you can get some handy perks that help each nano effect: Radiation and Fire can have a whopping 15% of raw damage more, faster armor break and ignore for Bio, 15% damage to shields/health for Electric and more shield/health drains from Syphon.
    IGN: Rizzly - PCEU @ Red Thugs.

For most effective kills without switching nano - simplified

Fire or Detonators - for everything without a shield
    Radiation - for everything with a shield
    Bio - for Warmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Thank you Kiwibird you are the best !

J8- SkyneT [Team Evolution] ←Join us on PC / NA

Quote Originally Posted by PiccolaRivolta View Post
    Also if you have the DLCs you can get some handy perks that help each nano effect: Radiation and Fire can have a whopping 15% of raw damage more, faster armor break and ignore for Bio, 15% damage to shields/health for Electric and more shield/health drains from Syphon.
    Credit where it's due, those were some well thought out and well implemented perk changes.
    1.05 shotgun mag boost? REALLY?
    PC/NA&EU, too many toons to list.
    "If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."- Jayne Cobb.
    "Daredevil"

electricity can be used agenst DM snipers and troopers and anything with a shield it does more damage to shields for some reason. but also bio does some heavy damage to shields also

i roll with alot of fire nano weapons and alot of bio weapons. but mostly fire at the moment.

i use rad weapons in PVP due to that being the only nano on the sniper i use. and dont feel like trying to change it.

syphon works solo if you want to stay alive. best implication is for minor ark falls . (( not ark breaks )) that you want to solo

but thes are my own prafrances. what i use each nano for.

I've been using mainly Bio (Needler), but I enjoy fire as well.

My syphon Tachmag doesn't seem to be as effective as it used to - that thing won a lot of Madeira incursions for me!

My bio needler drops just about anything really quickly, so I stick to that, mainly.