+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quickshot Blaster, Cannoneer or Quatermaster, best DPS?

With everyone looking for a Radiation Cannoneer Needler and Quickshot it got me thinking whether or not a QM Quickshot has more dps than a Cannon?

My Rad, QM Quickshot has a reload time of 1.0 sec w/ a oj reload, .85 master and 2 QM mods on it. Any of you math guys crunch the numbers on this? Obviously the cannon will be 9% quicker to empty but will my QM reload time make up for it in dps?

Also, I've read that on a tachmag or needler there are those of you who believe the last 2 cannon mods are pretty worthless. How about on slower firing weapons like the Quickshot?

if you want DPS
    you'll go SMG instead of a Pistol

Quickshots and VOT Blasters doesn't always hit

Cannoneer gives you faster fire rate
    Quatermaster gives you faster reload

I think what you are asking is if a Quickshot Blaster with Quartermaster would be higher sustained dps than a Vot Needler with Cannonner. My math says the Needler is the winner.

With Cannoneer and Quartermaster, only the first two synergy effects directly affect dps. The rest can pretty much be ignored.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the confusion. I was wondering if a Quickshot w/ QM has more dps than a Quickshot w/ cannon. I only brought up the Needler, rad, cannon because that along w/ a similar Quickshot seem to be the most sought after weapons being that nothing can out dps them except for a wolf/wildcat.

I did a quick calculation and I think my QM Quickshot beats out a Cannon but I can't say I did the math right or crunched every possible master bonus?

I was hoping our math experts could chime in? Maybe I need to post a "For sale the best Quickshot Blaster ever!"

It looks to me like you are correct, Quartermaster is better than Cannoneer for a Quickshot Blaster. The Blaster's slow reload speed is the gun's biggest weakness.

it's simple actually

on a weapon with fast reload, anything less Cannoneer synergy would give you better DPS (SMG, Assault Rifles, Pistols)
    on a weapon with slow reload, and if the weapon is high damage per shot, then a Quartermaster synergy will be better, for example Shotguns

Quote Originally Posted by AllGamer View Post
    if you want DPS
    you'll go SMG instead of a Pistol

Quickshots and VOT Blasters doesn't always hit

Cannoneer gives you faster fire rate
    Quatermaster gives you faster reload

WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Quickshot blaster is THE HIGHEST dps weapon in the game. Exceeding canonner rad needler.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglepowers View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the confusion. I was wondering if a Quickshot w/ QM has more dps than a Quickshot w/ cannon. I only brought up the Needler, rad, cannon because that along w/ a similar Quickshot seem to be the most sought after weapons being that nothing can out dps them except for a wolf/wildcat.

I did a quick calculation and I think my QM Quickshot beats out a Cannon but I can't say I did the math right or crunched every possible master bonus?

I was hoping our math experts could chime in? Maybe I need to post a "For sale the best Quickshot Blaster ever!"
    I will get right on it.

Problem is, you have an OJ reload on there. Its probably better use mag mod instead use OJ reload.

Using your current mod configuration for QM QBS:
    Using Base ego 0 damage value
    Using Base white rarity(No rarity damage bonus, no roll bonus added in)

Canonner QBS= 3299(advanced DPS)
    QM QBS = 3237(advanced DPS)

Your QM QBS under this calculation is 98.1% of advanced DPS compared with a canonner QBS.

Base Canonner Needler DPS=3058(advanced DPS)

I believe on the needler, canonner is around 8.1% addition of DPS compared with no synergy.

Note: Burst DPS wise, canonner always win by 9%.

Intereseting, I didn't do any calculations as to whether putting a +20 mag is better. At the time I thought a 1 sec reload QSB would be fun. Either way, as is, I thought it beat out a Cannon QSB. What master did you use on the Cannon?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglepowers View Post
    Intereseting, I didn't do any calculations as to whether putting a +20 mag is better. At the time I thought a 1 sec reload QSB would be fun. Either way, as is, I thought it beat out a Cannon QSB. What master did you use on the Cannon?
    reload. /10char