+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

bits, in game currency.

How much will these 'bits' cost, in £ ???

I really hope you can't buy game money with real money Pay to win is a horrible model.
    Activate interlock! Dynotherms connected! Infracells up! Mega thrusters are go! LET'S GO VOLTRON FORCE!

sorry to be vague to most of the questions youve asked but im afraid we stil dont know yet.

they said in the last live stream there still balancing bits value in the world (ie drop rate, item cost etc). so they dont even know yet.
    Confirmed Codes: 1-90 <- here
    90-133:
    ZFR5TA - D91aqk - W72URO - 41US8B - ydbf4l - CNABZX - 6JOMJO - SZUZSY - XT4PMX - PKYLKN - 8KBMUT - JBS7QX - 7BRHNJ - TU3RJF - F3LZLK - MEBTWK - TA6NCJ - PTZ4QR - N4S9EK - 5X4WJ4 - UT7DE0 - 6VWFCI - 81HABS - HUBAZV - GEPKRJ - Q4DUBL - NC9VYK - TTDGX4 - 9C9N87 - ZZKJ2G - T76SN6 - XWRN9M - 88UPWS - NFQ7PG - 35P72U - 8UNKAD - YRE5SN - HP9X6X - C2VNDF - XQBG4H - 4HT2G9 - LYCEHY - 7P8NDC - U6Q9O7= 133 TOTAL found

In the pre order, I get '500 bits', that is currency that you have to buy with real money,, but if they give out that many, I can only guess the currency is sorted out now,, shame we won't find out yet... Thanks anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Agent I3 View Post
    In the pre order, I get '500 bits', that is currency that you have to buy with real money,, but if they give out that many, I can only guess the currency is sorted out now,, shame we won't find out yet... Thanks anyways
    its still not sorted, they said this in the livestream (after the pre order bonus annoucements were made), that if the value of bits is decreased they will reimburse the player accordingly (so give him more bits or equiverlant value in items)
    90-133:
    ZFR5TA - D91aqk - W72URO - 41US8B - ydbf4l - CNABZX - 6JOMJO - SZUZSY - XT4PMX - PKYLKN - 8KBMUT - JBS7QX - 7BRHNJ - TU3RJF - F3LZLK - MEBTWK - TA6NCJ - PTZ4QR - N4S9EK - 5X4WJ4 - UT7DE0 - 6VWFCI - 81HABS - HUBAZV - GEPKRJ - Q4DUBL - NC9VYK - TTDGX4 - 9C9N87 - ZZKJ2G - T76SN6 - XWRN9M - 88UPWS - NFQ7PG - 35P72U - 8UNKAD - YRE5SN - HP9X6X - C2VNDF - XQBG4H - 4HT2G9 - LYCEHY - 7P8NDC - U6Q9O7= 133 TOTAL found

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoslion View Post
    I really hope you can't buy game money with real money Pay to win is a horrible model.
    umm every game with an item mall lets you buy currency with real money... also buying game currency with real money isnt pay to win.... thats no different than those timesaver DLCs that single player games offer that let you unlock everything from the start for a price as opposed to taking the time to do it yourself for free.

pay to win wiuld be offering boost, equipment or weapons that can ONLY be obtained with real money that gives you a HUGE advantage (or even a slight advantage) over players that choose not to pay any money at all. THATS how pay to win works. Now if those same weapons or equipment is available to free players but that i have to farm/grind/ etc etc for days or weeks to get it (as opposed to payin 10 bucks and getting it right now) then its no longer pay to win its just simply paying to save time.. pay to win is ONLY if weapons/armor that give a huge boost/advantage over others can ONLY be bought exclusively with real money and no other way of obtaining it

I am on the fence when it comes to real world shops. On one hand it can help those who cannot afford to play 20-40 hrs a week on an mmo in order to get/score/loot the items that others with that amount of time invested can. On the other hand, it shouldnt be game breaking things either. So there a conflict, not easily addressed or resolved.
    "Ego sum vindictam, Ego sum violentia, Ego sum absolutionem."

Quote Originally Posted by SteelPaladin View Post
    I am on the fence when it comes to real world shops. On one hand it can help those who cannot afford to play 20-40 hrs a week on an mmo in order to get/score/loot the items that others with that amount of time invested can. On the other hand, it shouldnt be game breaking things either. So there a conflict, not easily addressed or resolved.
    well unfortunately theres NO mmo that doesnt have a monthly fee that doesnt have real world shops lol.. which is why i prefer to pay monthly for my games to keep that kinda stuff out of it.. but if its done with DCUO were all the stuff you can buy is purely cosmetic and not necessary in any way shape or form then Im ok with it

since clothing/armors and such have no "effects" on stats and such, id pay for a sweet looking armor set or whatnot.
    "Ego sum vindictam, Ego sum violentia, Ego sum absolutionem."

i will always put further money into a game to buy things from shops if i enjoy the game, its paying them for hard work.

but tbh with a HUGE tv show budget, big names behind them, and buying the game initially, i highly highly doubt they will offer any goods which you cant earn yourself. more players = more viewers = more advertising revenue, and visa versa. so with the combination of the 2 they should have a good money stream not needing to struddle us for it.
    90-133: