+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    How to Stop Silicon Valley Conflicts

    The pattern I see is they start out with the Incursion radiation sign, you go there and start killing an unlimited number of people while "protecting" the crystals, eventually they get to them and change them to Eve Angels or whatever, and then you kill those.

    That about right?

    Now on to the list of questions:
    1. To stop a conflict and get pursuit credit, do you have to do this with all 3 sites?
    2. On the site in the southeast of the island you're supposed to let the skitterlings destroy the crystals first. Do you need to do this with all the sites? As in, let them destroy the crystals so you can kill the Angel's (or whatever they're called)?
    3. Why do the "good guys" shoot me at the dig site on the west side by the water temple? Trying to help you out bros/gals.

  2. #2
    Member DepthProbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Innuendoland
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Subutai View Post
    The pattern I see is they start out with the Incursion radiation sign, you go there and start killing an unlimited number of people while "protecting" the crystals, eventually they get to them and change them to Eve Angels or whatever, and then you kill those.

    That about right?

    Now on to the list of questions:
    1. To stop a conflict and get pursuit credit, do you have to do this with all 3 sites?
      Each of the 3 conflicts count towards pursuits. In total from one incursion you'll get 3 conflicts completed.
    2. On the site in the southeast of the island you're supposed to let the skitterlings destroy the crystals first. Do you need to do this with all the sites? As in, let them destroy the crystals so you can kill the Angel's (or whatever they're called)?
      You're not necessarily supposed to let them destroy the cystal. In all the incursions it is possible to defend the crystals; it just takes longer.
    3. Why do the "good guys" shoot me at the dig site on the west side by the water temple? Trying to help you out bros/gals.
      The good guys get converted by the Grid Revenant causing them to attack you or any npc that's not converted.
    Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Member Atticus Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Moses Lake, Wa USA
    Posts
    9,018
    There is a finite number of enemies. It is just a huge amount. It is an invasion force, and apparently Trion thought lots of players would actually help out. You can protect and save the crystals, but as Depthprobe said, it will take much longer.
    Support me in Extralife

    Xbox Gt and Defiance Character (Na): Atticus Batman
    DEFIANCE CLAN: DAWN PATROL(forum page)

    (Azrael Batman) Clan: Nuclear Elite (EU)


    Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    That's because Batman is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOz View Post
    As usual Batman is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaQkarri View Post
    Because Batman is ALWAYS RIGHT!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper2662 View Post
    Batman is boss. He will never lose because he is the best. That's that. Oh yeeeah

  4. #4
    Finally figured this out...you need to let the bugs capture the crystals, then destroy the pheromone secretors to get credit for the pursuit.

    The problem seems to be...stopping the other players form killing all the bugs because they think they must "Protect the Crystal."

    It has been instilled in our minds that we must kill everything that moves, but not in this case, at least, not at first.

    GPA

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Ace View Post
    Finally figured this out...you need to let the bugs capture the crystals, then destroy the pheromone secretors to get credit for the pursuit.

    The problem seems to be...stopping the other players form killing all the bugs because they think they must "Protect the Crystal."

    It has been instilled in our minds that we must kill everything that moves, but not in this case, at least, not at first.

    GPA
    I am fairly sure the intention was for the players to kill the bugs and protect the crystal like it says. If you do manage to protect the crystal long enough it blows and goes on to the next stage, though it is not as fast as just sitting back and forfeiting the first part. So really, the "kill everything that moves" stuff is still valid even in this case.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    -8 gmt
    Posts
    1,574
    just have to hunt the mobs that are or seem to be texting and not doing their part trying to eat the crystals.
    also finding that occasional mob trapped in something

    in the case of the SV incursions, you actually get more for failing first stage, also faster to winning, for failing is to win, that just doesn't settle well, but I'll do it
    strange game . . failing is good, winning is good

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NA (PS3)
    Posts
    1,315
    I've managed FOUR, rather than three, credits at times. You can get credit from the pre-transformation event (Faith, Hellfire, etc.) when it ends (when all three sites have changed over to their second stage), then you can get credit from each of the three changed versions.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    -8 gmt
    Posts
    1,574
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanpbutler View Post
    I've managed FOUR, rather than three, credits at times. You can get credit from the pre-transformation event (Faith, Hellfire, etc.) when it ends (when all three sites have changed over to their second stage), then you can get credit from each of the three changed versions.
    I had one of those things where you can't think of what to say . . but that was pretty much what I was wanting to mention

    you don't actually fail the incursion, with letting/allowing the crystals be taken, you just failed to protect them. rewards are not better if you do anyways, and you get more credit for not protecting, and then destroying in the second stage

    it's still not the attitude I like playing, but the end results are better

  9. #9
    Sorry, did it a bunch of times like that and did not get credit for the Pursuit until I let them take over the crystal. Maybe the DEVS intended two ways to win, but it is not working.

  10. #10
    Member cyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    415
    Deathprobe answered it dead on.

    You can grab 3 specific ones, and 1 incursion completion if you manage to hit all the sites and have them convert the crystals.
    If people protect the crystals by wiping out all the enemies, then you sit and wait. You will not get credit for the specific, but you will still get the 1 incursion completion mark. In the end it really is far easier to let them convert, then wipe them out. You can move on to the next site in 3-4 mins, and get credit for it.
    The Internet, where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts