+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove BMG Glow, Use Firewall Animation

Simply states it in the thread title. Id rather see green numbers indicating healing then the bmg glow of doom. And to indicate a prot bmg, just throw a little icon above people in protection. Framerate bmg Issues: Gone.

I wholeheartedly agree with that. Or even if they made a barely visible blue aura around the player instead of the blinding blue lights linking everyone and god forsaken honeycomb that I can't see through when its on me... one person also suggested that it only affect the people who needed healing or whose shields were low versus hitting every person regardless of condition.
    North America : "The Consortium"
    Misstrix [1500ish] - Mixfit [1000ish] - Uzi Q [N00B]

"I know the world's an illusion, but Pow burgers are just too delicious to be fake..."

Yes please, then I can use my clan MOTD to do something besides remind the new members not to grief with the dreaded blue beam.

Dixie Cougar & Solicea, HAWT (Husband And Wife Team) | Consortium (PCNA) Leader & Founder | Est. July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Cougar View Post
    Yes please, then I can use my clan MOTD to do something besides remind the new members not to grief with the dreaded blue beam.
    There's only you and the misses can't you just shout across the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    There's only you and the misses can't you just shout across the room.
    Haha it did indeed start with just us but now there is a rapacious brood of youngsters, er, I mean, recruits, trying to level up. Gotta keep the little brats from tarnishing the family name :P

Dixie Cougar & Solicea, HAWT (Husband And Wife Team) | Consortium (PCNA) Leader & Founder | Est. July 2013

Haha it did indeed start with just us but now there is a rapacious brood of youngsters, er, I mean, recruits, trying to level up. Gotta keep the little brats from tarnishing the family name :P
    naww a good switch cut from a willow tree will do that just fine. or a nice thick leather belt >.> jk.

hmmm i like the idea altra. but there on flaw. how will people know that thy connected to someone else if the beam of doom is removed forever.

i say take it down to a point where the beam is a thin line of wire light. insted of it being the blinding light that it is.

and i think iv figured out why the bluindyness is from. have any of you tryed looking at the sun in the game ? how at diffrent angles the lighting is diffrent. i think its an ambiant lighting setting that is hard coded into the games light effects. so that shadows are cast and other things like that. if we could have access to turn off. said ambiant lighting . boom . no more bmg blinding light of death. o.o dont know about anything else though. its just a theory on whats creating the evil light of doom comeing off the bmg beams.

maybe while there in there rooting around in the code to find the issue . thy can give us a " turn off exsplosions " toggle. and also insted of haveing the crimfighters balls of doom bounce around like pinballs. maybe only have them bounce twice like pinballs. just a thought. more theorys got alot of them...

Yeah, reducing it to the level of the offensive BMG beam would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by JadedSinn View Post
    How will people know that thy connected to someone else if the beam of doom is removed forever.
    By using icons, or the new text effects. Spanner protection could be in yellow/red(idk the color coding of it all yet) And healing, would be the floating green numbers like firewall. While linked, you see an icon on friendly that could look something like the heal stim icon, only without the stim, floating over whoever is linked.

Yeah, reducing it to the level of the offensive BMG beam would be a good start.
    This but change the colour to green for healing.

I have a question and then a comment.

Question - Does the Stingray produce the honeycomb shield when healing? Per the descripton, it seems to just heal and deal damage utilizing many links without the shield. This is the only BMG I use and for this reason. I just want to make sure when I do use it to "non-spam" heal someone. I usually only use it when I solo so I can level my BMG skill (ugh).

Comment - When I find myself at a major AF and I am suddenly being unnecessarily healed, I find that by moving towards the biggest group of higher-tier enemies at high speed with an "apparent disregard" my safety causes many to break off and find someone else to heal. Those rare ones that do stay with me usually leave after a few minutes... right when it starts getting interesting.

Come on player. Don't you want to earn that score?
    Oh yeah.... right. You're using a BMG. Silly me.

-Signature by me; Body by Fisher

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

"Crap!"