+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashere View Post
    An update on this problem:

We’ve made some progress, but don’t have a final fix in place yet. A preliminary change to address this was posted to PTS last week, but we’re still seeing the problem happen occasionally and continue to work on a full solution. At this point, it looks like a fix is likely going to be after the holidays.

From what we’ve seen, this only affects these particular pursuits and still appears to be a visual issue as Phantasie first noted. Progress hasn’t been lost, but the UI gets reset to show no progress. When you increment an objective, the UI updates to display the correct information, but the UI will get reset to no progress again periodically.

Just to put minds at ease, should we find that this has actually affected stored progress in any way, we have data from before the problem started and will use that to restore anything that was lost.

Rashere
    Hi Everyone.

Just following up on this - we are still working on it and I hope to have a final update in the next week or so.

We will fix this. You will not lose progress.

--Phantasie

Quote Originally Posted by PhantasieTrion View Post
    Hi Everyone.

Just following up on this - we are still working on it and I hope to have a final update in the next week or so.

--Phantasie
    That begs the question:

Will new progress that was attained through completing the weekly and daily contracts relating to Solstice Strikes that were completed during the "everything resetting visual bug" period be retained as well, or should we expect that "not losing progress" means that we'll be right where we were two or three weeks ago before the problem was introduced?

It's worse than that, he's dead, Jim.

Confirming LukeSkyw's post. I had this "display bug" throughout the Solstice event. I did my first post-Solstice Defiant Few daily, and the daily count has dropped to 1/25, weekly is at 0/25, and I do not have the faction to buy anything, so purchases at 0/25. I did buy an item before Solstice ended which showed it at 10/10 for a short period before it dropped back to 0/10, but I haven't the faction to test a buy for you. Your fix is going to have to include a database reconstruction, because my database entry for this pursuit just got overwritten, didn't it?

I had 10/10 purchases, 4/5 weekly, and 16-19 dailies when Solstice started. With Solstice-based Defiant Few contracts, I should be done nearly 2x over.

This reminds me of another "failure to test properly" with another game, an issue a certain new guy may be familiar with. Alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantasieTrion View Post
    Hi Everyone.

--Phantasie
    That is great news! Thanks for the update!

Honestly at this point with everyone having completed it or nearly completed it with the solstice event contracts and given the lack of any real information on how when why this is happening. Trion should just auto complete it for everyone give us our ego levels and the vehicle. Some us are tying to reach the 5k mark and with all the messed up pursuits the driving rampage hotshots that fail for no reason the forced pvp we are having a hard time especially with the stuff that was removed and newer players got shafted on getting those ego levels.
    Fix this trion give us our completions and our ego levels.

Just wanted to say that today for the first time I saw the pursuit update. However, previous progress is still lost.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanpbutler View Post
    That begs the question:

Will new progress that was attained through completing the weekly and daily contracts relating to Solstice Strikes that were completed during the "everything resetting visual bug" period be retained as well, or should we expect that "not losing progress" means that we'll be right where we were two or three weeks ago before the problem was introduced?
    I'd like to reinforce the question above. I completed all Defiance Dailies and 2 Weeklies during the Solstice event, and I'd like it very much to be given credit for this effort in this pursuit. I´m also refraining from purchasing anything from the Defiant Vendor, fearing my rep would go to waste.

Lots of good questions, but...

We still have no real answers. The problem seems to be that the developers don't really know what is going on so they cannot tells what will happen when they "FIX" it. Seems to be the Blind leading the Blind. Please Developers, correct me if I'm wrong but I think not.

Think I figured it out, Okay I thought I had this complete but the other day I bought a gang buster just to try it out and later in the day I looked at the pursuit and it said 1/25 0/5 6/10. So for some reason at 25/25 and 5/5 any you do after will show 1/ till you sign out, but since I apparently never got 10/10 that will go 7 to 10 and until its 10. Basically if you do one of them and it shows 1/ then its complete since it won't go over the /XX cap, so the progress isn't "lost" it just isnt completing since it always shows 0/

Quote Originally Posted by Authorized View Post
    Think I figured it out, Okay I thought I had this complete but the other day I bought a gang buster just to try it out and later in the day I looked at the pursuit and it said 1/25 0/5 6/10. So for some reason at 25/25 and 5/5 any you do after will show 1/ till you sign out, but since I apparently never got 10/10 that will go 7 to 10 and until its 10. Basically if you do one of them and it shows 1/ then its complete since it won't go over the /XX cap, so the progress isn't "lost" it just isnt completing since it always shows 0/
    Morality this pursuit will never end and you have no way to really know if you've completed it or not.

It seems that random bug is the base principle of Defiance.

Not so long ago, the support was more effective than this and would advance the pursuit in order to unlock it. It wouldn't be unfair to give it to all the players who already done the first one.
    Ig : Oswin_Oswald (5799)
    Clan : ---

+ Reply to Thread