+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Honestly the real reason in my own opinion is that some of the stuff on the server side was coded sloppy without proper bounds checking, some kids are spamming the server with random packets attempting to cheat/hack and that is causing it to crash.

I'm not going to go into details about methods they'd be trying to "fuzz" to actually achieve anything because if that's the case it would cause further instability but it's generally what happens with new games especially ones without any anti-cheat.

Other developers rely on things like game-guard to keep people from editing packets, then they don't perform proper bounds checking and when such happens their server crashes if they're not using game guard because they relied on it in the first place.

When it gets bypassed all hell breaks lose so it comes down to the developers triple checking their work and not just making sloppy mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolratz View Post
    Its not funny man... i paid 65$ buck for a game ... and i cant play !!! its fraud for me.
    We understand your frustration but cmon... its funny. And as far as fraud goes, you have to accept the user agreement every time you play. Wait you mean you don't read those? What about the part where trion can sew you lips to another user's a hole and if need be, sew another users lips to your a hole?

Things can go far worse at an mmo launch then they are so do yourself a favor and download terraria so you have something to do when the servers go down
    "My friend doesn't like you...I don't like you either... I've got the death sentence on twelve systems..."
    "I'll be careful-"
    "You'll be dead!"

Quote Originally Posted by PermaNulled View Post
    Honestly the real reason in my own opinion is that some of the stuff on the server side was coded sloppy without proper bounds checking, some kids are spamming the server with random packets attempting to cheat/hack and that is causing it to crash.

I'm not going to go into details about methods they'd be trying to "fuzz" to actually achieve anything because if that's the case it would cause further instability but it's generally what happens with new games especially ones without any anti-cheat.

Other developers rely on things like game-guard to keep people from editing packets, then they don't perform proper bounds checking and when such happens their server crashes if they're not using game guard because they relied on it in the first place.

When it gets bypassed all hell breaks lose so it comes down to the developers triple checking their work and not just making sloppy mistakes.
    I'm not good with tech talk so I assume you know what you're talking about