+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Called Cloak shotgunning in the beta but everyone was too busy whining about the Cluster rocket launcher, all weapons are inevitability going to be nerfed until fights last 10 minutes each as there will always be a replacement for what's best to use.

Long range I love the rifle but if anyone appears close dam rights I'm going to stealth and get behind ya to shoot with my shotgun. Cloak is not very long and has almost a minute cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddington View Post
    You will be happy to know that our stats don't disagree with you and we are at this very moment doing balancing changes to tune the more Overpowered weapons.

No for sure date as to when these changes will be brought onto live but they are a high priority.

Thanks,

Chaddington
    Yah ! i'm not that bad at analysing a game

btw,anyone have a counter to cloak? decoy isn't effective,since i can't use it often,and when your dead,your ego power isn't recharging

Quote Originally Posted by Letho View Post
    i know right, i really hate those people who only sticks with their shotguns and never switch at all.. but still, learing how to beat their arse is fun xD
    I use two shotguns :X.. Pump action and a sawed off... I have a combat one I throw into the mix some times too.... I just recently found a decent AR so I take it instead of sawed off at times...

My other build is an AR/Rocket launcher build... Only used for PvE

Soz.. Cloak is to good to pass up. (I tried.. I really did.. I did all 4 builds with varying perks)

I did have the thought though... Maybe cloak + shotguns is my style.. I've always been a shorter range player.. like to get up close or sneak up on teams (in any game.. with or without cloak)...

Quote Originally Posted by Galdoblame View Post

btw,anyone have a counter to cloak? decoy isn't effective,since i can't use it often,and when your dead,your ego power isn't recharging
    I get twitchy if I know there's a cloaker on the other team. Roll as a response to any hits or nearby gunshots until you can find out where they come from. Other than that, grenades that leave hazard areas are nice to throw around and block off points.

Also, staying with teammates help as long as they're aware of what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Slay View Post
    Because then all the weapons would be the same dps and that would be lead to no one having to search for better weapons, having the edge, etc.
    Do you even read the posts? What don't you understand? Everyone of my posts you've replied to on these forums clearly indicate you are lacking comprehension of the concept at hand.

The end result is the same if they nerf (or "balance") all the strong weapons as Chad indicated, and as you replied "then all the weapons would be the same dps and that would be lead to no one having to search for better weapons".

While in this instance players will also feel weaker in PvE and PvP. As opposed to my suggestion which would lead to more variety in weapon choices and a continuity of presumed power.

Nerf overpowered weapons, nerf loot drops, increase item shop prices across the board. This has negative consequences on the player's experience and changes should be made that correct the issues at hand without doing this as a side effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyme047 View Post
    Pff there's no PvP in this game. It's hide until Cloak is off cooldown and sawed-off someone in the back. At least that's my experience from a few hours of both competitive and shadow war.

Edit: I'm really hoping this will change when the FotM kids leave the game.
    Yeah, its great ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Galdoblame View Post

I still find decoy to be the most effective. Not to pull them out of cloak but to survive their initial burst. I love the 15% damage reduction from the rear and the 250 extra hp. I'm also working on the dmg reduction perk from the middle of the grid. I find if I can survive the initial shot from behind, roll out, and make them miss a few shots, I can kill them or my teammates will. Most of them are built straight glass cannon and melt like butter.

And a Rhino shield helps.

I'm really liking my Infector in PvP. The flip side to that coin though i think is there needs to be a way to stop the infection if you kill the person who infected you. I've gotten so many afterlife kills from an engagement that i run in, empty a clip and get swatted by a shotgun, then like 6-10 seconds later i get credit for a kill.
    "When all you've been told is a lie, Nothing hurts more than the truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    I'm really liking my Infector in PvP. The flip side to that coin though i think is there needs to be a way to stop the infection if you kill the person who infected you. I've gotten so many afterlife kills from an engagement that i run in, empty a clip and get swatted by a shotgun, then like 6-10 seconds later i get credit for a kill.
    Its called BMGS...I roll with one. People underestimate healing in PvP.

Also, I love my infector. My canker has bug damage of like 174 and says "Damage increases over time" Havn't found another like it for like 300 ego lvls. Anyone know what the stats on infectors do besides fire rate, and lock on range, and clip size?

Must have pvp perks are "50% dmg reduction after shield breaks" and "45% speed boost when shield breaks" makes it impossible to gank u when ur running away healing.