+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixa View Post
    not sure hwat you could possibly do to infectors on the pvp side that wouldnt make them completely useless in pve.
    They already are fairly useless in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddington View Post
    You will be happy to know that our stats don't disagree with you and we are at this very moment doing balancing changes to tune the more Overpowered weapons.

No for sure date as to when these changes will be brought onto live but they are a high priority.

Thanks,

Chaddington
    I'll be surprised to see a single AR get nerfed. Should be mostly a shotgun/cloak/blur update. Buff sniper rifles too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntski View Post
    Whatever you do you need to nerf the Legedaries that give 10% reduction on Ego powers cooldown. I have a shawed-off legendary that can recharge my ego in 5-6s.
    Those do not work in pvp on on pve. I tried it in pvp with 10% ego power reduction on reload it has no effect at all. But you are right those gun in pve will recharage your power in 8 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddington View Post
    You will be happy to know that our stats don't disagree with you and we are at this very moment doing balancing changes to tune the more Overpowered weapons.

No for sure date as to when these changes will be brought onto live but they are a high priority.

Thanks,

Chaddington
    To be honest I think you are barking up the wrong tree! It's not the weapons that need adjusting (a sawn-off shotty in the back from 5 feet should kill anything), it's the EGO powers that need to be looked at - in particular the CLOAK.
    People can cloak for most of the entire match with the right cooldowns and move at any speed, which is where the problem is IMO. The cloak should run-out faster the faster you move - that would be a better balance, and would probably be easier to patch!

A shotgun is a powerful close range weapon, so don't change it - change the CLOAK and you will find people looking for alternative ways to play the game rather than running round the map invisible and getting easy kills!

Yeah nerfing shotguns would not be a good idea in my opinion, at least not most of them. The problem with shotguns is they are so strong when paired with cloak which essentially eliminates their weakness, and even building to counter cloak you rely on a lot of luck. Low TTK isn't inherently a bad thing but when the fastest TTK in the game is also the easiest thing to pull off it's not a good thing, someone getting a headshot with a sniper or smartly flanking you with a close range weapon can be frustrating but you generally only die to that if it's a really good player doing it or you have terrible self awareness, instead of dying because you threw your AoE field grenade in the wrong spot or used your decoy at the wrong time when you honestly have no way of knowing when the right or wrong time to use them is.

Another thing (on consoles) that makes shotguns so good is the fact that they are so easily aimed as this game doesn't seem to have any form of auto-aim in PvP like most console shooters do, not the horrible CoD style snap aiming thing mind you, just a mild magnetism thing would make weapons that require finer aim much more viable since in a game like this where people have good mobility it can be near impossible to draw a good bead on people using a controller, and shotguns and other hipfire weapons generally don't have to worry about that.

Honestly my fav weapon would be the purple FRC SAW works wonders in PvP

some of the best skills well in pvp TDM not including shadow war, is OverCharge, at max lvl its a 30% damage increase, used with the right kinda weapon it can be devestating to use.
    Now that being said, my TDM 6v6 or 8v8 pvp set up as follows:
    Weapon: Shotgun:ClusterShot increased damage mod
    Toxic Mag mod
    Hip sight mod
    Recoil reduction mod

GroundPounder: Increased mag +2
    Increase hip and aim damage Barrel

Ego powers: OverCharge max lvl
    ThickSkinned Maxed
    OverLoad Maxed
    Degenerate (after making a kill u take 12% less damage for 3 secs)
    Overpower After making an explosive kill have a percentage of recharging ur grenade maxed

Those are just some examples: Another would be deflection once ur shields fully recharge after 3 secs u reflect damage on percentage pending on its lvl
    You can mix this with another perk and will up shield regen so it would happen more often and at a faster rate
    Xbox 360 GamerTag: GenXerGamer

Clan Website: [url]www.thedefiantonez.enjin.com

or

http://www.enjin.com/?ref=5758406

I roll a slug rocket and a pump fragger. I find slowing the whole area is better then one person. Especially when cloked sluge then clean up with fragger

Add me demios the 1st

Shotguns of course!

Quote Originally Posted by thejx4 View Post
    I'll be surprised to see a single AR get nerfed. Should be mostly a shotgun/cloak/blur update. Buff sniper rifles too.
    Snipers don't need to be buffed. Correct perk setup = 1 shot kill, even with full shields, non-Headshot.
    Gamertag: MosesOfWar
    Primary: Myith - Irathient Mercenary - Pale Wars Ronin

"My only true ally is the one that pays me the most."