+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Listen people and Trion

Ok, for those of you who are unfamiliar with MMO launches here's a bit of advice.

First of all the launch is going to be very rocky as we have already seen. These things usually take a week or so to stabilize so just he patient. In my opinion this is already one of the best titles for Xbox or Playstation. PC maybe not.

Trion is experienced in MMOs via Rift. Trust that they will figure these problems out and get them fixed.

I wasn't an avid player of Rift but I will surely be of Defiance so Trion I hope you do get this rocky start moving along. You guys have hit the jackpot with this game as far as consoles go.

See all the crying is from people that are new to mmo games and 360 people are not use to this as for me i am a old eq2 player and this down time is good time for Trion to fix stuff .

We all know, no need to make a thread other people have stated in other threads that died off already.
    Founder of - Banana Republic - Xbox 360

Quote Originally Posted by Komi View Post
    Ok, for those of you who are unfamiliar with MMO launches here's a bit of advice.

First of all the launch is going to be very rocky as we have already seen. These things usually take a week or so to stabilize so just he patient. In my opinion this is already one of the best titles for Xbox or Playstation. PC maybe not.

Trion is experienced in MMOs via Rift. Trust that they will figure these problems out and get them fixed.

I wasn't an avid player of Rift but I will surely be of Defiance so Trion I hope you do get this rocky start moving along. You guys have hit the jackpot with this game as far as consoles go.
    Rift sucked.. the launch was great but the game itself was terrible. They over expected people for the game. This game they expected less people. About a week half the players will quit and just wait for destiny due to reliability and than look at Trion as one of the crappy game developers.

Patience isn't something that you have with a company that should have the proper experience. I saw military servers build better and them things are made by the lowest bidder!

i understand the frequent server drops and what not. but what trion needs to understand is that this game is also on xbox a console which has seen very few MMOs Meaning alot of their layer base doesnt understand the start of a new MMO leading them to lose TONs of player base. they really need to start being more on top of letting people know when and what their doing with the servers before they lose to much of their console fan base causing game to die fast.
    GT: Mentalist

EGO: 2239

Mentalist is right they need to stay on top of these things, if ive learned one thing about being on a console for all these years it is that they are not very patient with these things, when stuff like this happens they rage or sell the game because they are not used to server downtime like people on the PC.... Of course this is not true for all console users but a big majority of them.

Rift did not do all that well guy so I do not know what you mean by that.

Destiny will be the same as this with down time god did you not play halo reach day one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentalist View Post
    i understand the frequent server drops and what not. but what trion needs to understand is that this game is also on xbox a console which has seen very few MMOs Meaning alot of their layer base doesnt understand the start of a new MMO leading them to lose TONs of player base. they really need to start being more on top of letting people know when and what their doing with the servers before they lose to much of their console fan base causing game to die fast.
    Well said.

Dear Easter Bunny,
    Since you have nothing to do now, can you make the servers run better, so we all can get along.

P.S. tell the mod. of this site to loosen up a bit, too.

Thanks,
    Person sitting here looking at a Critical notice on my screen